All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post subject: Warhammer unline: Age of Reckoning
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:25 pm 
Honorary Texan

Reputation points: 7773
Great MMO.

I installed just to play during WoW's down times. Now it's all I play.

Recommended for MMO freaks.

Post subject: Re: Warhammer unline: Age of Reckoning
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:17 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
It's great for pvp. And that's about it. It's all I wanted to do.

I stopped playing after awhile because during non-peak hours it was difficult finding other players to kill. :evil:

I'll probably load it up again, eventually. Especially since one of my old guilds is still there.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:04 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15675
Couldn't get past level 2. So awful it looked unfinished.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:48 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
EUBanana wrote:

I just made a profile in my Nvidia control panel and turned on AA & AF. Looked excellent, then. However it can get hairy in big pvp battles when shit is being fired off all over - I think the glittery-ass effects aren't very optimized.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:48 pm 
Honorary Texan

To get away from WoW I tried PotBS, TB, (now gone), DAoC, EQ2, CoH and Vanguard.

WAR is the only one to hold my interest. The graphics are beautiful, much better than WoW and the RvR is fun.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:30 am 
Sergeant Major

NefariousKoel wrote:
EUBanana wrote:

I just made a profile in my Nvidia control panel and turned on AA & AF. Looked excellent, then. However it can get hairy in big pvp battles when shit is being fired off all over - I think the glittery-ass effects aren't very optimized.

The actual in game graphics are "alright", though I don't think they are anything special. The thing that got me was the interface.

I'm no MMO fan, this is true, but I lasted a lot longer on WoW or Eve than WHO. Compared to WoW it just seems mundane, boring, and relatively inaccessible. WoW has lots of big bright icons, flashy abilities, and very responsive controls, WHO has tiny, badly drawn icons, not at all responsive controls, and abilities that you're half the time not even sure are actually going off as they look so crap in comparison.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:38 pm 
Honorary Texan

Quote:
The actual in game graphics are "alright", though I don't think they are anything special. The thing that got me was the interface.

I'm no MMO fan, this is true, but I lasted a lot longer on WoW or Eve than WHO. Compared to WoW it just seems mundane, boring, and relatively inaccessible. WoW has lots of big bright icons, flashy abilities, and very responsive controls, WHO has tiny, badly drawn icons, not at all responsive controls, and abilities that you're half the time not even sure are actually going off as they look so crap in comparison.

Are you sure you're talking about Warhamer: Age of Reckoning" and not the old defunct Warhammer online?

What you described is not the game I'm playing.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:10 am 
Sergeant Major

Old Eagle wrote:
Quote:

Are you sure you're talking about Warhamer: Age of Reckoning" and not the old defunct Warhammer online?

What you described is not the game I'm playing.

Well, I was a Shadow Warrior for the hour I played it, which looks to be... Warhammer: Age of Reckoning, alright...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:00 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 3144
I've never played an MMO for the same reason I'll never try crack. Just seems like once you start down that road, you can kiss your free time goodbye.

Makes you feel safe, doesn't it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:00 pm 
Sergeant Major

AngryOldMan wrote:
I've never played an MMO for the same reason I'll never try crack. Just seems like once you start down that road, you can kiss your free time goodbye.

Enh, I dunno. Plenty of casual gamers. I'm off and on myself. I find the gameplay to be ultimately tedious so I can only stick it for so long, I soon get bored. On the other hand theres a lot of breadth so I usually come back, with a different race and a different class. I've never reached max level on any MMO, but I have a lot of characters...

Profile E-mail