maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: EU4
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:39 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Quote:
Are we the only two who've picked it up?

I wonder if Chijohn ever got sorted..

Yeah, I did get it sorted out. Got a refund from Best Buy and then bought the game thru Steam.

Have played it on and off since then. Gotten busy and/or distracted at times with other things.

Last time I played was the American Revolution scenario. Seemed to be doing alright. Got my independence. Britain seemed to be losing a number of provinces as well to the rebellious Frenchies in Canada.

Since I was at war for most of the period my focus wasn't so much on the trade aspect of it. I need to delve into that a bit more.

While I was at war I got my overall ranking into the top 10. Then it seemed that soon/immediately after Britain and I arrived at peace my ranking plunged into the 20s or 30s.

I should fire it up again this weekend and see what I can figure out.

Before I started I only did most of the basic tutorials; didn't do any of the more advanced ones so maybe I was missing something. I had previously played EU 1&2 but never bothered with 3 so it had been years since I played it.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:26 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17509
Quote:
I was forcibly Protestantised by rebels

Serves you right!

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:31 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15300

Ungrateful sods.

They'd all be speaking Spanish if not for me. Or... Norwegian.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:15 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
EUBanana wrote:

Ungrateful sods.

As your legal counsel, I recommend you see in the army to occupy some of their cities. :P

Quote:
They'd all be speaking Spanish if not for me. Or... Norwegian.

Far better than speaking Aztec any day!!

I've been seeing a fair amount of historical events triggering for the "featured" nations.

Did you ever get the War of the Roses, as England? Can often come sometime after that first religious rebellion and/or the Hundred Years War ends, but I don't think it's guaranteed. Like the rest, there are specific trigger conditions, naturally.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:31 pm 
Sergeant Major

I've not seen any War of the Roses, I know it's in there though. Actually the House of York is still going in my game. I think the War of the Roses only happens if you're doing badly. Kinda like the fascist events in Victoria 2, you only see those if you get caned in the Great War.

There are East India Company events for England, plus you get nudged into India by the mission system. Apparently the War of Jenkins Ear is in it too, but I didn't see that either.

Spookily enough I'm involved in something very similar to the Seven Years War pretty much at the exact time, 1760 ish, with it at the core being France and Portugal vs England and much of the HRE. We've both been quite expansionist and so we have pretty big coalitions all going at it, it's a proper world war very much in the vein of the Seven Years War, with fighting in India, North America, Australia (!!! - Portugal and Britain are having at it in Australia) and Europe.

I think it'd add some theme if the names of the wars matched historical ones within a certain period - so if France and England have a big dust up around 1760 ish, just call it the 'Seven Years War'. They did this already in Victoria 2. If Britain fights Transvaal or Oranje in Vicky 2, it's called The Boer War, if you do it again its the 2nd Boer War. Ditto Franco-Prussian War, Brothers War between Prussia/Austria, Anglo-Afghan War, Great War, Opium War, etc etc.

Waiting to see if Napoleon shows up, that'll be cool. He usually did in EU3. Though in EU3 which country undergoes revolution is random, though biased towards France, from reading about EU4 I thik only France can become Revolutionary France. One of the cool things about Paradox games is the different stages they go through. Vicky 2 very much has that; in the beginning you have quick, fairly bloodless wars so you can do some quick expansion. Then you have the Scramble for Africa and suddenly it's all about imperialism. And then in the end game you have WW1. But you see it a bit in EU as well, first its colonising the Americas, then the rest of the world, and then near the end you have the French Revolution.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:11 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17509
Florida falls to the British empire. So much for the Seminoles and the Calusa. God save the king. :lol:

Quote:
They'd all be speaking Spanish if not for me.

well..... yo hablo espanol :oops:

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:47 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Buttload of stuff in the upcoming update. Looks like they categorized the changelists:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... ion-thread

I've not looked through them, as I've been generally happy with the gameplay. Hopefully they did something to make IronMan mode less stuttery since the Steam Cloud Saving is so shitty slow.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:28 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 11853
Have a chance to buy 'Europa Universalis IV - Digital Extreme Edition', will it contain all the upgrades?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:45 am 
Sergeant Major

abradley wrote:
Have a chance to buy 'Europa Universalis IV - Digital Extreme Edition', will it contain all the upgrades?

Not sure if it'll include the DLC but if it's a special edition it may well do.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:01 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 11853
EUBanana wrote:
abradley wrote:

Not sure if it'll include the DLC but if it's a special edition it may well do.
You've switched to EU4 ... Why?

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next