Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post subject: Favre to be a Viking?
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:42 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 3144
This is looking more and more possible.

Pros:
1) The other 2 QB's are something called Tavaris Jackson and Sage Rosenpenis.
2) He can actually run a 2 minute offense.
3) John Madden has retired sparing us from endless, "Brett Favre is so fun to watch!" quotes.

Cons:
1) He's like 90 years old.
2) He's a prima donna. He had his own OFFICE with the Jets and a lot of the players have said he destroyed team chemistry.
3) He hasn't had surgery to repair his bicep which turned him into a noodle arm the last half of last season.
4) He hasn't been working out.
5) Chilly is still the coach so the team's real problem remains unaddressed.

Makes you feel safe, doesn't it?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Favre to be a Viking?
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:04 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 10210
I don't know if I could enjoy seeing Favre in Vikings uniform. I think it would just confirm my belief that this country is headed to hell in a hand basket down a greased slide.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:20 pm 
Staff Sergeant

nelmsm wrote:
I don't know if I could enjoy seeing Favre in Vikings uniform. I think it would just confirm my belief that this country is headed to hell in a hand basket down a greased slide.

It probably won't happen because I doubt he will agree to go to minicamp and if Chilly lets him skip that and then hands him the starting job, he'll lose that microscopic scrap of credibility he has left.

After all, Mr. Culture of Accountability just signed Percy the Pot Head in the first round. Which bothered me until I realized Randy Moss and Santonio Holmes are both pot heads too. Apparently, it doesn't slow you down or affect your ability to catch the ball (see: final catch of Super Bowl).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:17 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 6762
I look forward to seeing Farve as a Viking because Lovie Smith owns him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:08 am 
Staff Sergeant

knuckles_95 wrote:

You guys will have your own issues with Jake "hey everybody, look at me!" Cutler.

Jealous? Hell yes!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:35 pm 
Sergeant Major

AngryOldMan wrote:
knuckles_95 wrote:

You guys will have your own issues with Jake "hey everybody, look at me!" Cutler.

Jealous? Hell yes!

Think about it. It only took us 2 first rounders and Kyle Orton. The Vikings never even tried.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:41 pm 
Staff Sergeant

knuckles_95 wrote:
Think about it. It only took us 2 first rounders and Kyle Orton. The Vikings never even tried.

I still can't believe we didn't try to sign him. If ever there was any doubt about Childress's incompetence, that sealed it.

We are actually looking at going into the season with TJack, Rosemary and Tyme at QB. Un-fucking-believable. The fact that a 40 year old has been with a torn tricep on his throwing arm would be a marked improvement says it all. I almost hope we don't get Favre on the off chance it could save Chilbert's job for another inept season.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:44 pm 
Sergeant Major

AngryOldMan wrote:
knuckles_95 wrote:

I still can't believe we didn't try to sign him. If ever there was any doubt about Childress's incompetence, that sealed it.

We are actually looking at going into the season with TJack, Rosemary and Tyme at QB. Un-fucking-believable. The fact that a 40 year old has been with a torn tricep on his throwing arm would be a marked improvement says it all. I almost hope we don't get Favre on the off chance it could save Chilbert's job for another inept season.

What really sucks is you guys have a ready made Super Bowl Champ just add QB. That team that lost to the Giants 41-0 was a fraud. They had an unbelieveable offense with Moss, Culpepper, Carter, and Robert Smith but absolutely no defense. Now you have it al but a QB.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:50 pm 
Staff Sergeant

knuckles_95 wrote:
What really sucks is you guys have a ready made Super Bowl Champ just add QB. That team that lost to the Giants 41-0 was a fraud. They had an unbelieveable offense with Moss, Culpepper, Carter, and Robert Smith but absolutely no defense. Now you have it al but a QB.

STOP! You're killing me!

This season's going to be a nightmare of 12-10 losses, 10 man defensive lines stacked against the run, and horrible clock management while we look up at GB and Chicago duking it out for the division title.

The horror... The horror...

Profile E-mail