maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: MechWarrior Online
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:47 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 2680
Sadly the unseen 'Mechs will not be making an appearance.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:37 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 16590
jollypillager wrote:
Sadly the unseen 'Mechs will not be making an appearance.

Um.... just why are they called "unseen"? I don't get it. Is this some recently coined BT reference I'm not privy to?

I replied to someone on the MWO forums, when they stated that they wanted the Clans in the game and that the Mad Cat is "the face of Battletech". I told him I'd rather not see such unbalancing Clan stuff in an online PVP game and that before the Clans, the Warhammer was the "face of Battletech". Anyway.. someone then replied to my Warhammer reference as an "unseen" and I have no fucking idea what they're talking about.

So what's with the "Unseen" reference? Some more IP bullshit?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:24 pm 
Staff Sergeant

:lol:

IP gone totally off the rails.

Basically BTech used some art from Macross and other anime sources in their initial printing (Warhammer, Marauder, Rifleman and some others), under license from the original Japanese animators.

However, in the US, a company called Harmony Gold owns the Macross distribution rights and Harmony Gold is apparantly run by a bunch of absolute dickwads and just flat out will NOT license the rights to those images for anything.

Link:

http://www.mektek.net/index.php/home/ar ... gain-r1283

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:27 pm 
Staff Sergeant

An even better link

http://www.terrania.us/journal/2009/09/ ... econd.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:37 pm 
Hair in the soap

jollypillager wrote:
:lol:

IP gone totally off the rails.

Basically BTech used some art from Macross and other anime sources in their initial printing (Warhammer, Marauder, Rifleman and some others), under license from the original Japanese animators.

However, in the US, a company called Harmony Gold owns the Macross distribution rights and Harmony Gold is apparantly run by a bunch of absolute dickwads and just flat out will NOT license the rights to those images for anything.

Link:

http://www.mektek.net/index.php/home/ar ... gain-r1283

I suspected that was the case, as I recall back in the 80s that some of the BT mechs resembled other stuff I'd seen somewhere before.

More IP bullshit. :roll:

Also.. not the least bit surprised at Japanese anime fanboys being total douchebags. If the couple I've met before were given a number rating for their social skills, it would've been a negative value.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:34 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 6238
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Unseen

And another link, Sarna net has some of the best info out there concerning Battletech.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:16 am 
Hair in the soap

2ndAcr wrote:
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Unseen

And another link, Sarna net has some of the best info out there concerning Battletech.

Ahh yes. All the staple originals. :x

I've been to the Sarna wiki before, there's buttloads of shit there. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:20 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 2577
it´s the worst online Crack ever. only here cause the newst patch is coming up... must head back to caustic ... stay together and don´t get killed 8-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:43 pm 
Hair in the soap

Scharfschütze wrote:
it´s the worst online Crack ever. only here cause the newst patch is coming up... must head back to caustic ... stay together and don´t get killed 8-)

Oh? An update has arrived?

I've not played in a couple days, so haven't been following it. The game feels pretty short on content right now.

So.. are they finally starting Open Beta and doing the final wipe?? It blows, starting a week or two before a wipe so I've not been in too deep.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:52 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 2577
Sorry for not getting back to you earlier Nef, I fault MWO, guess I wouldn´t have been out AT ALL last weekend if not for some social calls ... it´s that bad :D

Content, there´s new mechs and so many tweaks all over, plus with it in Beta you can see new features every other day, and I´m loving all of it. Open is later today, 20h CET, for that final wipe. Can´t wait. Made it to "Elite" experience in all 3 Raven variants (which all play differently rocketjumper/sniperscout/lightlancer). What they call "role warfare" is working most def, one look at the forums tells you that faction warfare will be 100 megaton megablast.

Am getting everyone I can think of into it. I met all my old buddies over a game of BT back in the 80´s, and even if there are no Marauders or Crusaders around at this time to shoot each other up Catapults and Awesomes will do :)

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next