maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: oculus rift thread.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:31 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Pokerstars VR is free and a lot of fun

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

IIRC I mentioned this before. Skyrim full vr 3d. They were charging 59.99 bns for it, and I already bought the game at 59.99 before so I wasn't about to pay that much for it again. Those guys are crazy charging that much.

At steam its on sale 70% off until December 3. 18 beans US currency. I bought at that. I feel it's a fair price. Downloaded last night. Haven't had the opportunity to putz around w/ it yet.

I'll have time to putz w/ it tonight and tomorrow. Will write further review, gentlemen.

In any event, anyone who has the beans to get a VR headset, get one. It is amazing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:42 pm 
Sergeant Major

I won't putz w/ this tonight. Too sleepy. About 8 o clock. bedtime.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

The tempurature in FL is in the low fifties. I'm going to crawl under the covers and hibernate until this harsh weather gets back into the 90s. Not only the freezing tempurate, the low humidity is awful. my lips are chapped. You know what? fuck this. I'm going to bed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:43 am 
Sergeant Major

Played for about a hour this morning. VR is cool but can only wear the headset so long. It's as expected. Walking around in skyrim land. Pointing my hand and burning ppl alive :) Or using right hand to smash them w/ a mace. It's a trip.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:44 pm 
Sergeant Major

Consistently have a good time playing poker stars. It seems like u'd run into a bad gang in there at almost every table, but no; I'd say 70-80% of the tables are good ppl. For whatever reason just not very many douche bags play VR poker. Most tables are a fun gaming experience w/ reasonably friendly players. And if logged into a shit table it's very easy to leave and join another (I suspect this is why most tables are cool - shirtbirds end up w/ everyone simply leaving the table and they sit there by themselves heh. It's just simply too easy to leave and 5 seconds later ur at another table).

This game is very popular. No idea how many ppl play this, but it's a lot. There are always dozens of tables available. One complaint w/ multiplayer online games is how long it takes to actually get a game going! This is not a problem here. Load this game up for a few hands of poker, w/in 2 mins ur at a table, and if that one sucks, 2 mins later ur at another one.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

Sometimes when I really like something it sounds like I'm their PR department. When I see something good I get excited, can't help it.. I'm hyping this b/c 1) VR can't be hyped, it can't be described, put on a VR headset and it'll knock ur shoes and socks off; and 2) I want other ppl here to get one so I can game w/ y'all.

Far as I can tell Poker Stars game is free. They must make beans doing something but I've never seen any pay to play. There must be a 'real money' side of it? Idunno.

I think it can be played on a pancake screen too. In VR mode it's like sitting at the table. I can't describe how cool it is.

Alright. Enough raving.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:13 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19175
Get your Sairento on, C_S.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

I looked at that game very carefully, Rob. Watched youtube reviews, so on. It seems like "sword fighting" would be cool in VR. In some ways it is very cool. The problem is the VR can't portray 'weight' of the weapons. A 1 handed weapon vs a 2 handed weapon in VR.. Some games like Blade & Sorcery try to compensate by making heavier weapons swing slower. Which, seems sort of weird regarding immersion (ur hands moving faster than ur weapon of choice). VR systems can't yet 'simulate' the weight of arms and wearing armor.

The best sword fighting I've experience in VR are the Star Wars ones, where the sabers are specifically designed to weigh nothing and suspension of disbelief is inherent to a galaxy long, long ago and far, far away.

VR is in it's infancy still, imo. Not quite holodeck level entertainment yet. We'll get there 8-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:08 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19175
They solve it the Beat Saber way, its a sort of lightsaber. The actual swordfighting bit is quite 'light', on the rare occasion you are standing still next to someone its a case of just reaching out and waggling the sword.

But in general you are flying past them, so its more 'slide on floor with sword held out to the side' or 'jump over them and cut their head off as you fly by'.

Oh and parrying bullets with them. Which is awesome cool, as the game has slo-mo. You can even parry shotgun blasts (or at least, most of it) with a well placed sweep. You can actually change your loadout, so shotguns, sniper rifles, kunai, pistols... all are possible. But I usually fight with a sword in my left hand and a pistol or kunai in my right, and the sword is mainly for blocking incoming bullets.

You get skills to customise your ninja, so if you wanted to use a sniper rifle a lot, if you unlock all the skills for it I think you could do that too, but its not really a snipery sort of game. :p

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next