maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: New Stalingrad ASL
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:35 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16553
Oct 31 setup took three hours. About an hour for me because I had pre-planned everything on one of my digital maps. Two hours for P to figure out where he wants to attack.

My setup featured a new look. In the past my front line has been filled up with dummy stacks of concealment markers. The idea was to encourage P to waste his first turn shooting up everything on the landscape. The dummy stacks were interspersed with (sometimes stacked with) conscript speedbump squads whose purpose was to deny movement by dying in place. But mostly the front line was dummy stacks,

For 31 Oct the front line was a thin one squad per hex line of elites in factories. Russian elites start at Morale 8, and Fanatic In Factories makes them morale 9. That line held up incredibly well to P's 31 October Turn 1 Prep Fire and advancing fire. I only lost 1 squad. By the end of German Turn 1 Close Combat Phase my Russians had lost two squads, in turn killing 1.5 German squads. P also used two demolition charges and managed to exhaust a flamethrower (all retained for 1 November).

At this point I'm willing to sacrifice squads to delay the final conquest of the Barriukady factory by, I hope, six days. If I can still have part of the factory complex on 7 November, I will have the CG3 campaign won for certain. If not, the next major fight I am setting up for him is the Commissar's House. I plan to have that fortified to the gills, with exit tunnels leading to supporting trenches, and surrounded by wire.

Oh yes. the current CG day, 31 October, is Clear and Dry with no wind. So Stukas are flying and everything catches on fire more easily than usual.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14