Post subject: Cities Skyline
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:33 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17305
Just grabbed:
Silent Hunter III $4 (80% off IIRC)
Cities Skyline $8 (75% off)
Xcom 2 $12 (65% or so off)

Steam sale right now: ends March 25 for those games.

I was sorely tempted to take the plunge and buy one of Paradoxes infernal "Bundles" given everything associated with the game is heavily discounted . . .

Finding it hard to get "in" to any games these days. Thankfully my "Substance Designer" addiction is progressing though :P

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Cities Skyline
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:43 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 3518
I used to be a Cities Skyline junkie. It's amazing how quickly traffic can get out of control.

Forced me to build a lot of public transportation and roundabouts which made me feel dirty.

IIRC, there is a free downloadable add on that allows you to create precanned interstate junctions and other buildings so you can just plop them into place. You can also download other people's creations. Some of them are unreal.

Best tip I can give is to use interstate on ramps in heavily congested areas because they have no lights or cross walks and then build foot bridges over the top of them to keep those damned humans off the f*cking road and blocking traffic.

Makes you feel safe, doesn't it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:32 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19351
And balance the budget w/ toll booths. Take the scrubs who must drive to and from work every day - and tax their ass off.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:49 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17305
I bought a computer vac about a year ago and have been reasonably diligent about cleaning it out. Machine had got a lot more noisy. Then a couple weeks ago, I noticed strange graphical glitches with one of those games I bought up above there (XCOM 2). I'd move a soldier to tile and they would be rendered about 5 tiles away!
Really annoying. Was making me think maybe the graphics card was dying and that was the new/louder noise?

Getting close to moving back into our house (maybe a month, maybe two) and we got a chunk of change to burn from insurance on destroyed computer hardware, so wife gave me the greenlight to upgrade the old Xidax rig. Went for a new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti and some more RAM (up from 8GB to max for the mobo of 32 !! Whoo Whoo!!). Got it all installed, but problems were actually WORSE!

Got on the horn with Xidax support and let them do a remote desktop and she ran a stress test and Lo and Behold! Looks like my water cooler is kaput. So now I'm waiting on that to arrive, and pretty much dead in the water. Probably shouldn't even use Substance or Visual Studio to keep the load on the CPU as light as possible. Will be my first water cooler install, but honestly it doesn't look too complicated.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:30 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 687

Never mind skyline...

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail