maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150
 Post subject: Re: World Of Warships
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
A video by Flambass viewing and commenting on WoWs preview into their CV rework.

I am not a CV player, have only played 1 actual CV game.

I don't like it, neither from the viewpoint of a non-CV player, nor from the stance were I a CV player.

And no fighter planes.

Can only run 1 group of planes at a time, so cannot send out groups in various direction to scout enemy ships.

No running 2 torpedo squadrons dropping torps in a cross pattern.

No immediately following a torpedo squadron drop with dive bombs to set them on fire immediately after they used their repair to stop flooding.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:44 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
CVs needed a big nerf from the start.

It makes no sense, in such competitive 12v12 matches, to have the play of only 1 or 2 players per team (the CVs) have such a huge influence on the outcome of said match.

Then there's all the other BS. The hugely imbalanced "Borg spotting" issues, near invincibility for the first 3/4s of every match, and being able to repeatedly attack with impunity in many tiers.

Despite CV players' rampant crying about their planes getting shot down in the high tiers, the CVs still managed to easily reign supreme in the player result stats, unsurprisingly. The Tier 9 & 10 carriers held the top of the results charts for years, easily beating out every other type. Yet they still whined. :roll:

On the other side of the CV tier spectrum, they've resorted to seal clubbing the mid tiers because they have no way to stop them. Torpedoing with impunity.

Carrier Cancer has had it way too good for too long. I lost sympathy for them a long time ago. They're dead to me.

In the end, it just ends up being another example of Wargaming fucking up a generally enjoyable game by adding a completely different style of play which cannot be balanced with the rest of the players in the same game. This happened with their first hit, World of Tanks, and it's ridiculous "spy satellite laser targeting" gameplay for those running self-propelled artillery (the reason I originally quit WoT). Likewise, they've spent years attempting to nerf artillery in WoT but, AFAIK, could never find a balance - because it's impossible. Same situation here with CVs; neither side will ever be happy. Therefore they should've left it the hell out in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:10 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17300
NefariousKoel wrote:
Despite CV players' rampant crying about their planes getting shot down in the high tiers, the CVs still managed to easily reign supreme in the player result stats, unsurprisingly. The Tier 9 & 10 carriers held the top of the results charts for years, easily beating out every other type. Yet they still whined. :roll:

It is not wise to start yielding when you're winning.

What I recall of the game, I never quite enjoyed them aircraft in this particular game at all. It was the implementation, really and the notion that everyone else is fighting WW I.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150