maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Trolls will feel the wrath of Kam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Inglourious Barsterds
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:26 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 1525
So over the top to be unwatchable...got sick of Brad Pitts silly fake southern accent 5 minutes into the film..disappointed because I usually love QT`s movies.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:23 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: -689
I just saw part of this film. The scene where the "bear Jew" beats a prisoner to death is sickening. Disappointed with Tarantino.
Quote:
Author and critic Daniel Mendelsohn was disturbed by the portrayal of Jewish-American soldiers mimicking German atrocities done to European Jews, stating, "In Inglourious Basterds, Tarantino indulges this taste for vengeful violence by—well, by turning Jews into Nazis".[87] British critic Peter Bradshaw stated he was "struck... by how exasperatingly awful and transcendentally disappointing it is".[88] While praising Christoph Waltz's performance ("a good actor new to American audiences"), David Denby, of The New Yorker, dismissed the film with the following words: "The film is skillfully made, but it's too silly to be enjoyed, even as a joke. [...] Tarantino has become an embarassment: his virtuosity as a maker of images has been overwhelmed by his inanity as an idiot de la cinemathèque."[89]

Isaiah 5:20 - "Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: inglorious basterts
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:52 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 14573
I'm watching this again.

I like the bar scene. The spies get loud mouthed to the drunk Germans b/c of their uniform's higher rank. They're trying to intimidate b/c what else can they do. It makes sense.

But there's a German reading a book in the next room who hears them talking and outranks all of im, he's sober. He goes out there and shit hits the fan. Pretty cool.

"I am also curious about your accent. Where are you from?"

Before the action even starts, as soon as the spies enter the bar. One of im whispers "THERE'S GERMANS HERE. WE NEED TO LEAVE."

Good movie 2 thumbs up. It's on netflix.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: inglorious basterts
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:50 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10688
I enjoyed it once. Don't think I could stomach it a second time.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:07 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 2562
This was yet another double thread that could conveniently have been avoided by using the board's search function. Please, do so in the future, merging stuff can take up to a quarter hour, the moderator tools are hilariously user-unfriendly.

From now on I will without comment or discussion delete double threads, if I think they should have been obvious (like very popular movies or TV shows that are highly likely to already be discussed somewhere in this sub-forum) and that the OP did not use the search function.

This especially concerns several troublesome users. Yes, I have a list and I have no problem with that. Like in everywhere in life 5% of people are 95% of the problem. Do not be one of those people and if you are a dick, try not be here. Or feel my baton coming down hard.

If you do not like the policy, feel free to run to Doggie, whine and demand I be replaced. I do not care, I have better things to do than clean up after people. If you get what you wish for, enjoy a zoo run by the monkeys. ;)

I know, but big girls need love too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:53 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 9532
reinald wrote:
This was yet another double thread that could conveniently have been avoided by using the board's search function. Please, do so in the future, merging stuff can take up to a quarter hour, the moderator tools are hilariously user-unfriendly.

From now on I will without comment or discussion delete double threads, if I think they should have been obvious (like very popular movies or TV shows that are highly likely to already be discussed somewhere in this sub-forum) and that the OP did not use the search function.

This especially concerns several troublesome users. Yes, I have a list and I have no problem with that. Like in everywhere in life 5% of people are 95% of the problem. Do not be one of those people and if you are a dick, try not be here. Or feel my baton coming down hard.

If you do not like the policy, feel free to run to Doggie, whine and demand I be replaced. I do not care, I have better things to do than clean up after people. If you get what you wish for, enjoy a zoo run by the monkeys. ;)
I am going to Doggie :cry: :cry: He's a kind and gentle soul who understands :cry: :cry:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:50 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 14267
Actually it only takes a minute to merge threads using the quick mod tool at the lower left of the page. The time is spent looking for the original thread, which could mean searching through several pages of search results.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:11 am 
First Sergeant

doggie wrote:
Actually it only takes a minute to merge threads using the quick mod tool at the lower left of the page. The time is spent looking for the original thread, which could mean searching through several pages of search results.

Which sort of makes the point that, it is easy to not realize there is already a thread on a topic . . . :P

Reinald and CS, you two need to kiss and make up; your both fine fellows and no sense in being histrionic on each other.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:29 pm 
First Sergeant

C_S wrote:
Quote:
Reinald and CS, you two need to kiss and make up;

I'm going to tongue kiss im. Open your mouth, reinaldo

Steaming video or it didn't happen.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:55 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 14267
Searching a topic isn't so hard. Merging a topic gives you a choice of merging with all other topics, so you have to scroll through every thread on the board listed in chronological order. So Reinald had to go back several pages to find the years old original.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6