TV, Movies, videos, youtube

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti, reinald

Forum rules
Trolls will feel the wrath of Kam
Mac
First Sergeant

Rick Moranis Is Back

#1 Post by Mac » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:34 pm

After a 23 year long on screen break, Moranis is returning to make a sequel to Honey, I shrunk The Kids...
Film favourite Rick Moranis is to return to our screens for a new sequel to 1980s family comedy Honey, I Shrunk The Kids.

The actor also starred in Ghostbusters, The Flintstones, Little Shop of Horrors and Parenthood in the 1980s and early 90s, but stepped away from on-screen roles in 1997.

His wife had died six years earlier, and he struggled to continue his film career after becoming a single parent, and decided to concentrate on raising his children.

Although he continued to do occasional voice-overs for films such as Disney's Brother Bear movies, his screen break turned into a 23-year hiatus.

"I'm a single parent, and I just found that it was too difficult to manage raising my kids and doing the travelling involved in making movies," he told USA Today in 2005.

"So I took a little bit of a break. And the little bit of a break turned into a longer break, and then I found that I really didn't miss it."

Five years ago, Moranis declined to take part in the all-female reboot of Ghostbusters.

"It didn't appeal to me," he told The Hollywood Reporter at the time. "I still get the occasional query about a film or television role, and as soon as one comes along that piques my interest, I'll probably do it."

Fans are now excited to learn that Moranis will reprise his role of Wayne Szalinski for the new film, currently titled Shrunk.

Josh Gad will star as Wayne's son, who as an adult is now an aspiring scientist like is father. Joe Johnston, who directed the 1989 original, will also direct the sequel, which is being produced by Disney.

He is also due to appear in a forthcoming Martin Scorsese-directed Netflix documentary called An Afternoon With SCTV.

SCTV is short for Second City Television, the sketch comedy show that gave Moranis and many other actors their big breaks during its run between 1976 and 1984.

The new Netflix special was filmed in Toronto, with Moranis joining fellow SCTV veterans including Catherine O'Hara, Eugene Levy and Joe Flaherty.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51487170
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

C_S
Sergeant Major

Re: Rick Moranis Is Back

#2 Post by C_S » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:53 pm

The actor also starred in Ghostbusters, The Flintstones, Little Shop of Horrors and Parenthood in the 1980s and early 90s, but stepped away from on-screen roles in 1997.

His wife had died six years earlier, and he struggled to continue his film career after becoming a single parent, and decided to concentrate on raising his children.
I read that before. Had a tragedy in his life, decided to call an indefinite time out.

Always liked im. It's good to see im back.

"They went plaid speed!"
This post is not a legal document under any circumstance. It has not been prepared at all and is written offhand in jest while mentally impaired.
Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of a psychoanalyst.

C_S
Sergeant Major

#3 Post by C_S » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:00 pm

"Use the swartz, Luke." heh.
This post is not a legal document under any circumstance. It has not been prepared at all and is written offhand in jest while mentally impaired.
Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of a psychoanalyst.

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#4 Post by Anthropoid » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:23 pm

I always liked that guy. In fact most of the SCTV cast were pretty good.

Mac
First Sergeant

#5 Post by Mac » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:02 pm

I have never met anyone who didn't like Rick. Here's a movie you probably didn't know he was in, 1984's Streets of Fire...

I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

CatLover7
Sergeant

#6 Post by CatLover7 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:23 pm

Good on him. Been a fan since he first appeared on SCTV.

"Trump 2020 baby!"

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#7 Post by chijohnaok » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:58 pm

CatLover7 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:23 pm
Good on him. Been a fan since he first appeared on SCTV.

I've also been a fan of Moranis, and of SCTV as well. And I'm not just referring to the SCTV show that ran on NBC.
I'm refering to its earliest incarnation, Second City TV (1976–1981), which was a 30 minute long show that ran in syndication.
In Chicago it ran on the local NBC affiliate in an evening but before prime time slot (might have been like 6:30-7pm CST (I don't remember what day of the week that it ran, possibly Saturdays)).
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

CatLover7
Sergeant

#8 Post by CatLover7 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:23 pm

chijohnaok wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:58 pm

I've also been a fan of Moranis, and of SCTV as well. And I'm not just referring to the SCTV show that ran on NBC.
I'm refering to its earliest incarnation, Second City TV (1976–1981), which was a 30 minute long show that ran in syndication.
In Chicago it ran on the local NBC affiliate in an evening but before prime time slot (might have been like 6:30-7pm CST (I don't remember what day of the week that it ran, possibly Saturdays)).
I remember stumbling onto the syndicated version with my brother. Late night on the weekend - '77 or '78 in San Diego. It was like manna from heaven. We recorded every episode on a gadget known as a VCR. That was when Harold Ramis from Chicago Second City was a cast member and before Moranis joined the cast. The show lost some of its punch when it went to 90 minutes on NBC but it also opened things up for more experimentation. Some the greatest comedy moments ever broadcast.
"Trump 2020 baby!"