It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Trolls will feel the wrath of Kam

Post subject: DUST---sci fi shorts
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
I happened to stumble upon this.........

The YT description:

Quote:
"FTL" by Adam Stern

A lone astronaut testing the first faster-than-light spacecraft travels farther than he imagined possible.

Ethan Kane, a NASA Astronaut and decorated pilot, has recently retired from active duty to spend more time with his wife and young son. As he tries to adjust to a quieter life on the ground, he’s approached to fly one last mission...testing the first faster-than-light spacecraft. While the world watches, Kane takes The Longshot on its maiden voyage.

This is remarkably good.
DUST, is apparently a channel on YT that features sci-fi shorts.

Their channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7sDT8 ... 1u__krUutA

I scanned through their list of videos------it goes back two years and there are almost 350 videos there.

I might have to binge watch.....

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: DUST---sci fi shorts
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:35 am 
Sergeant Major

Who are these guys?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:54 am 
Sergeant Major

C_S wrote:
Who are these guys?

Not sure.

The ABOUT on their YT page says this:

Quote:
About
DUST is the first multi-platform destination for binge watchable sci-fi. We feature science fiction short films and other content from emerging filmmakers with stunning visual effects, captivating plots and complex character explorations. Robots, aliens, space exploration, technology, and human experience are all a part of DUST. New uploads every week with DUST exclusive premieres and original series. Explore, subscribe, #getdusted, and follow for more.

Filmmakers should visit http://watchdust.com/filmmakers/ to submit your sci-fi shorts.
(Only completed sci-fi shorts will be considered. Unsolicited scripts or pitches will be immediately deleted without review.)

So it doesn’t sound as if DUST is the creator of these videos, rather they are a platform for showing them (in archaic form they are the movie theater, rather than the movie studio).

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:35 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18312
Dust 533 (or some such . . . cannot recall what the number on the end was but it was something along the lines of 5##) was a failed planet-based FPS multiplayer mode to be a sister MMORPG to EVE Online.

Ahh . . . Dust 514 . . .

Dust 514

Quote:
Eve: Dust 514 (stylized as EVE: DUST514) was a free-to-play first-person shooter developed by CCP Games for the PlayStation 3.[1] Dust 514 took place in New Eden and was directly connected to CCP's game Eve Online. There was direct interaction between the two; player actions in one game affected the political, economic, legal, environmental, and social status of the other. The two games were officially connected on January 10, 2013[2] in preparation for the open beta on January 22.[3] The full game was released worldwide on May 14, 2013.[4] While previews of the game were highly positive, the full game received a mixed reception upon its initial release even with constant updates and hotfixes deployed after release. The game was officially shut down by CCP on May 30, 2016.[5]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

So I got a notice of the new upload from DUST:

It's animated.

Sort of bizarre.....my take on it far below (so as to avoid spoilers)

I will add this teaser: Lesbianism is involved.

So this was not easy to figure it out...and I don't think that I have, but here is what I got out of it:

Planet in a post apocalypse after some sort of alien invasion.

A female named Angela flying what I would term a propeller descendant of the A-10 Warthog. Her wingman is Andy, in what I can only describe as a duopuss (a 2 armed octopuss).

They have been tasked to go help assist a convoy carrying some sort of crystal that is vital to their continued existence.

Angela must have suffered the loss of her girlfriend named Helen and she keeps flashing back to her.

They get to the convoy and it is under attack from what I can only describe as a giant ram's skull.

They conduct a few strikes on the ram skull, think that they killed it, only then to see it take out the ship carrying the crystal.

The video was labelled as "Part I" so presumably more episodes may follow.

Would be interested to hear what others impressions were of wtf was going on.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:52 am 
Sergeant Major

Profile E-mail