Forum rules

Trolls will feel the wrath of Kam

Post subject: Buffy Is Back
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:23 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 20000
And this time she is black...

Quote:
A TV reboot of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” is in development at 20th Century Fox Television, Variety has confirmed.

Original series creator Joss Whedon is onboard to executive produce, with writer Monica Owusu-Breen attached to write the script. The rebooted series will see a black actress take over the title role, which was played in the series by Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Gail Berman, Joe Earley, Fran Kazui and Kaz Kazui will also executive produce. No network is attached to the series, but it will no doubt stir up a bidding war among various networks and streaming services when it is taken to market.

Breen’s previous credits include “Agents of SHIELD,” which is executive produced by Whedon. She also developed and served as showrunner on “Midnight, Texas” at NBC, but departed the show after one season. She has also written and produced shows like “Charmed,” “Alias,” “Brothers & Sisters,” and “Fringe.” She is repped by WME.

The rebooted series also marks the latest television project Whedon has lined up in the past few months. Just last week HBO announced they had given a straight-to-series order to “The Nevers,” a sci-fi drama that Whedon will write, direct, and executive produce in addition to serving as showrunner. He is also an executive producer on “Pippa Smith: Grown-Up Detective,” a half-hour comedy series in development at Freeform.

The original “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” series was based on the 1992 film of the same name, which Whedon wrote and starred Kristy Swanson as Buffy. The show ran for seven seasons and 145 episodes and is frequently cited as one of the best shows ever made. In addition to Gellar, it starred Nicholas Brendon, Alyson Hannigan, Anthony Head, James Marsters, Emma Caulfield Ford, and David Boreanaz.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/buffy- ... 202880128/

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Buffy Is Back
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:44 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Mac wrote:

Quote:
A TV reboot of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” is in development at 20th Century Fox Television, Variety has confirmed.

Original series creator Joss Whedon is onboard to executive produce, with writer Monica Owusu-Breen attached to write the script. The rebooted series will see a black actress take over the title role, which was played in the series by Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Gail Berman, Joe Earley, Fran Kazui and Kaz Kazui will also executive produce. No network is attached to the series, but it will no doubt stir up a bidding war among various networks and streaming services when it is taken to market.

Breen’s previous credits include “Agents of SHIELD,” which is executive produced by Whedon. She also developed and served as showrunner on “Midnight, Texas” at NBC, but departed the show after one season. She has also written and produced shows like “Charmed,” “Alias,” “Brothers & Sisters,” and “Fringe.” She is repped by WME.

The rebooted series also marks the latest television project Whedon has lined up in the past few months. Just last week HBO announced they had given a straight-to-series order to “The Nevers,” a sci-fi drama that Whedon will write, direct, and executive produce in addition to serving as showrunner. He is also an executive producer on “Pippa Smith: Grown-Up Detective,” a half-hour comedy series in development at Freeform.

The original “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” series was based on the 1992 film of the same name, which Whedon wrote and starred Kristy Swanson as Buffy. The show ran for seven seasons and 145 episodes and is frequently cited as one of the best shows ever made. In addition to Gellar, it starred Nicholas Brendon, Alyson Hannigan, Anthony Head, James Marsters, Emma Caulfield Ford, and David Boreanaz.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/buffy- ... 202880128/

I bet Doggie will be glad to hear about a new Buffy series... :lol:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:29 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8996
Mac wrote:

I'm OK with a black vampire slayer. The original slayer was black - created by a bunch of oppressive black guys no less. There were at least a couple of other black slayers in the show. Is it going to be a black cheerleader from LA that suddenly learns she's a slayer? I hope not. I'd much prefer an offshoot than a reboot. Chances of not sucking? 10-20%.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:45 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Quote:
Original series creator Joss Whedon is onboard to executive produce..

More gristle for Chester Molester to grind.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:35 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 13228
If Doggie OKs it, it's ok with me.

Profile E-mail