All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Trolls will feel the wrath of Kam

Post subject: Bright (2017)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:05 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 12978
Interesting.

Tripped over the last part on my server, looks interesting, world is full of Orcs, Elves, Centaurs, Dwarves, what ever, as well as us humans

Magic galore.

It ain't your everyday cop buddy movie.

Didn't see enough to make a good/bad review.

Quote:
Audience response
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bright_(film)#Audience_response
Several publications noted that while critics were harsh on the film, viewers seemed to enjoy it more and gave positive reactions on social media.[29][30][31][32] Netflix announced that the film had been viewed more times in its first week than any other of its releases had.[33] According to Nielsen ratings, about 11 million American viewers streamed Bright within the first three days of its release, with 56% of the audience being male and 7 million being between the ages of 18–49.[34] Netflix CEO Reed Hastings noted that “The critics are pretty disconnected from the mass appeal.” Hastings backed up his claim stating that “Critics are an important part of the artistic process but are pretty disconnected from the commercial prospects of a film,” he said. “If people are watching this movie and loving it, that’s the measurement of success. And if the critics get behind it or don’t, that’s a select group of social media influencers talking to a specific audience.” Hastings then went on to note the huge difference between critic (27%) and audience (87%) Rotten Tomatoes scores.[35]
Seems the average joe likes it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Bright (2017)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:03 am 
buck private

As I posted above 'didn't see enough to make a review.'
This guy did and here's his opinion.

Quote:
User Reviews 8/10 stars

BOY, did the critics get this one wrong! WATCH and ENJOY!!
22 December 2017 | by dfoxxc – See all my reviews

I honestly don't get what the critics wanted from this movie! Especially that one guy who called this the "worst movie of 2017". REALLY? That's a huge lie...what about The Emoji Movie or The Snowman, or Al Pacino's movie, The Hangman??? Anyway, if you're expecting Suicide Squad...STOP. It's nothing like Suicide Squad, in terms of the acting, the action, the emotional/serious moments and the overall quality. It's much, much better than that movie, for anyone who was comparing to that movie. Now, It's not Hacksaw Ridge or The Godfather type quality, it's a typical buddy-cop set-up in a twisted, yet fun, fantasy environment. Think Lethal Weapon/Training Day/End of Watch meets Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit. Sounds weird, but you'll be pleasantly surprised.The chemistry between Will and Joel is great, the action is great and pretty much anytime Will and Joel have serious moments those are basically some of the most memorable ones out of the whole movie. There are very minor flaws, but it doesn't take away from the enjoyment of the movie. I thoroughly enjoyed Bright and I think audiences will too, I mean, go ahead and google the audience reviews. It's a Netflix movie, if people can enjoy bad movies and shows on Netflix, then people will definitely like this one. It's clearly a "people's movie", not a "critic's movie". WATCH IT and ENJOY!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:42 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Already a thread on it:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19988&p=317755&hilit=Bright#p317755

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:01 pm 
buck private

NefariousKoel wrote:
Yes and I even posted on it :oops:

Jeeez!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:22 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15595
Interesting.

Finally all caught taking a peek at all the "unread" threads on this board. Guess I'm good fora couple days now! :lol:

Profile E-mail