maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Trolls will feel the wrath of Kam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: No One Here Gets Out Alive - 2018
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:44 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1862
jack t ripper wrote:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j3_iPskjxk[/youtube]

You forgot the preview button. :lol:

You lousy maggot. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
No "reach arounds" for Nero. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:27 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1862
jack t ripper wrote:
No "reach arounds" for Nero. :lol:

Taakse p'stu!!! :lol:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:41 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 11728
FNC

Barbara Bush 92

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -call.html

Quote:
'He's cold and still': Night Court star Harry Anderson's wife's heartbreaking 911 call after she woke to find him dead in their bed, as it's revealed actor suffered strokes after a bout of flu in January

Anderson's 44-year-old wife Elizabeth Morgan called 911 on Monday morning
    She told the operator his eyes were 'partially open' but that he was lying still
    She also said the actor's hand was 'not ice cold but definitely cold'
    By the time paramedics arrived at their North Carolina home, he was dead
    The 65-year-old's son Dashiell said he died as the result of natural causes

By Jennifer Smith For Dailymail.com and Dailymail.com Reporter
Published: 16:57 EDT, 19 April 2018 | Updated: 17:53 EDT, 19 April 2018

The 911 call placed by Night Court star Harry Anderson's wife after she found him dead on Monday has been released.

Elizabeth Morgan called authorities after her 65-year-old husband lying unresponsive with his eyes 'partially open' in their Asheville, North Carolina, home at 6.41am.

She had woken up to find him unresponsive in their bed.

In her first remark to the operator, she said: 'Yes, um, I am not sure who I need. Um, I woke up this morning and, um, my, uh, I think my husband has passed away in the night.

'I mean I - I’m in disbelief. I look at him and I feel like (should) I see him breathing. He’s cold.

'His hand - he’s cold. He’s not ice cold but he is definitely cold. His eyes are partially open, uh, but he’s not lookin’ at anything, he’s not responding.'

Later, she said his fingers were 'purplish'. She also told the operator that he'd suffered strokes in January after a bout of the flu.

His big program was "Night Court".

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/20/entertai ... index.html

Quote:
Avicii tributes pour in following Swedish DJ's death

Lisa France-Profile-ImageSandra Gonzalez
By Lisa Respers France and Sandra Gonzalez, CNN

Updated 3:33 PM ET, Fri April 20, 2018

(CNN)Grammy nominated Swedish DJ Avicii died Friday, his publicist confirmed to CNN.

He was 28.

"It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii," a statement to CNN read. "He was found dead in Muscat, Oman this Friday afternoon local time, April 20th. The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time. No further statements will be given."

Avicii was one of the most successful touring DJs in the industry, working with artists including Madonna. He had a crossover pop hit in 2013 with "Wake Me Up."

But he also saw the downside of fame in the electronic dance music genre known as EDM.

"It's very easy to become too attached to partying," he told Rolling Stone last year. "You become lonely and get anxieties. It becomes toxic."

He retired from performing in 2016 after a string of health issues, including acute pancreatitis.

Avicii told Time in 2013 that the illness was caused by excessive drinking.

"Yeah I was drinking way too much, partying in general way too much," he said. "Then I got a pancreatitis attack [at 21], which is very rare. So that forced me to do a 180 and stop drinking."
The DJ explained in a 2017 posting on his site that he had no intention of giving up music completely, writing "We all reach a point in our lives and careers where we understand what matters the most to us."

"For me it's creating music," he wrote. "That is what I live for, what I feel I was born to do."

Avicii also wrote that he was heading back into the studio to make more art.

"The next stage will be all about my love of making music to you guys. It is the beginning of something new," his posting said. "Hope you´ll enjoy it as much as I do."

The social media tributes from fellow musicians and artists poured in as soon as the news broke on Friday afternoon. Some tweets have been shared thousands of times.

Producer Hardwell shared a photo of himself with Avicii and wrote a tribute in which he thanked him for "changing the world with your amazing music."

[Series of tweets at above article]

"Devastating news about Avicii, a beautiful soul, passionate and extremely talented with so much more to do," fellow superstar DJ Calvin Harris tweeted. "My heart goes out to his family. God bless you Tim."

I'm not exactly a big fan of electronic dance music but I heard some of Avicii's stuff some years ago and enjoyed his stuff.
He had a creative take on things I thought.

Here is one of his pieces that I enjoyed the most:

28 yrs old....much too soon.

RIP

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:22 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 17032
Austin Powers actor Verne Troyer dies aged 49...

Quote:
Verne Troyer, who is best known for playing Mini-Me in the Austin Powers films, has died at the age of 49.

Troyer also played Griphook in the first Harry Potter film.

"It is with great sadness and incredibly heavy hearts to write that Verne passed away today," a post on his official Facebook page read.

"Over the years he's struggled and won, struggled and won, struggled and fought some more, but unfortunately this time was too much," it added.

Troyer appeared on a number of reality TV shows, including Celebrity Big Brother in the UK in 2009.

The actor has also made regular appearances on Celebrity Juice and starred in Keith Lemon's feature length film, Keith Lemon: The Film.

Earlier this month, Troyer was admitted to hospital in Los Angeles but his team did not say what he was suffering from.

He was hospitalised for alcohol addiction last year and released a statement addressing his problems.

"While it's not always been an easy fight, I'm willing to continue my fight day by day," he said.

"I want to thank everyone that's reached out with their messages of support, it truly means the world to me".

In 2012, Troyer made a donation to a disabled children's charity in Northern Ireland after it was targeted by thieves.

"I heard what happened and I just wanted to help you and the kids," he wrote in a letter to the charity,

"Please tell them hello from me. Also, remember you can do anything you set your mind to, always be optimistic."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43853755

Poor little bugger.

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:26 pm 
Sergeant Major

Update @ Avicii:

Quote:
'HE COULDN'T GO ON' Avicii suicide – Superstar DJ killed himself and left a suicide note, his family reveal
The troubled DJ, who was found dead at a resort in Muscat, Oman, was a 'fragile soul who couldn't go on any longer', his relatives said

LATEST
By Nicola Stow
26th April 2018, 4:42 pmUpdated: 26th April 2018, 6:43 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/6 ... y-confirm/

Sad.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:18 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 17032
Superman actress Margot Kidder dies aged 69...

Quote:
Actress Margot Kidder, best known for her role as Lois Lane in Superman, has died aged 69.

A funeral home in Livingston, Montana, where the actress lived, said Kidder died at her home on Sunday.

She rose to fame starring alongside Christopher Reeve in the Superman films of the 1970s and 1980s.

The Canadian-born actress acquired American citizenship in 2005, and became a political and women's rights activist alongside her acting.

The cause of her death is not yet known.

Kidder starred alongside Reeve in the 1978 film Superman and its sequels, as well as horror classics Black Christmas and The Amityville Horror.

The actress was also an outspoken critic of the Gulf War, of fracking by energy companies, and was at times a vocal supporter of Democratic party candidates.

After settling in the US state of Montana, she became a supporter of Montana Women For, a non-profit organisation which describes its goals as the "participation and empowerment of women in our democracy through education and advocacy on critical issues".

As an activist, she was arrested in 2011 while taking part in a protest at the White House against the Keystone XL pipeline, which remains controversial today.

Kidder also suffered from mental health problems, which resulted in her high-profile disappearance for several days in 1996.

In an interview with People magazine later that year, she referred to her disappearance as "the most public freak-out in history".

While working on her memoirs, a computer virus destroyed all of her work, she told the magazine - something she concluded was deliberate, and involved her former husband and the CIA.

She was eventually found safe, and would talk openly about her experience of manic episodes and of depression in the years ahead, raising awareness about bipolar disorder while advocating the use of alternative medicine as a treatment.

On social media, film and superhero fans paid tribute to the actress. DC Comics, publisher of the Superman comic books, said Kidder was "the Lois Lane so many of us grew up with".

Eric Goldman, editor at rival comic book maker Marvel, said Kidder "made sure my generation knew just how awesome Lois Lane was" - a sentiment echoed by famed comic book writer Mark Millar, who said she was "my Lois Lane".

Teri Hatcher, who played Lois Lane in the 1990s TV show Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, wrote that it had been "a privilege" to step into Kidder's role - while her co-star Dean Cain also tweeted his condolences.

English actress Sarah Douglas - who played supervillain Ursa, famously sucker-punched by the plucky Lane - tweeted that Kidder had been "a joy to be around".

Some fans recalled the landmark cinematic moments from the original 1978 Superman film, while others applauded the actress' open discussion of mental health issues at a time when it was unpopular to make such things public.

Actor Cameron Cuffe, currently starring in Superman spin-off TV series Krypton, wrote: "On screen there are few who have brought a legend to life in the same way Margot Kidder did. As a person there are few who have been as honest and brave when it came to being open about mental health."

"A pioneer and inspiration always."

Kidder married and divorced three times. She is survived by her only child, Maggie, and two grandchildren.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44115166

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:32 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 11728
RIP

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next