Forum rules

Trolls will feel the wrath of Kam

Post subject: Gunfighter's Moon (1995)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:55 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 9972

Quote:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113238/
Henrickson plays Frank Morgan, a notorious and feared gunfighter that has lived his life on the run. His face and eyes reveal a man that has been very much hardened by that life. We quickly learn, however, that there is still passion inside. Upon receiving a telegram from Linda, an old lover (played by Kay Lenz), requesting his presence, he abandons his woman, mounts his horse and rides to Linda without giving it a second thought. Upon arrival, he learns that Linda is now happily married to the owner of the local general store. The only vestige of her past that remains is a daughter, who Frank is surprised to learn is his. The daughter, of course, does not know about Frank. Linda, not wanting her to know that her father was a notorious gunfighter has given her a fictional father that died a hero's death at the First Battle of Bull Run. Frank quickly learns that Linda's reason for calling for him has nothing to do with romantic feelings. She wants him to protect her husband. It seems ... Written by Dave Gan <longbow@bigfoot.com>

one of the best
8 February 2006 | by coreydennis-1 – See all my reviews

Wow, I thought Hollywood had forgotten how to make a good Western until I saw this film. I've bought the DVD, and watched it many times. The whole cast was great, even the dog was way cool, anybody know what breed it was, dingo? Anyway what I think is one of the best things about this film, is one of the character actors named Boise, one of the three bad guys that come into town. He is played by none other than Thell Reed, "The Fastest Gun Alive", which he is in real life. Nobody can handle a Colt, or draw faster than Thell Reed. You can see his influence in the movie by the way Frank wears his holstered gun, and the way he stands at an angle to his target. Lance, Thell, and the whole cast, just make this film one of my all time great Westerns.
Enjoyed, even has a Shane moment or two.

Forget the intro pic, interesting, ain't part of the movie.

Darn it.

Profile E-mail