maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Trolls will feel the wrath of Kam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars - Blah Blah Blahhh
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:26 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18687
Bit too much Gordon Ramsay as Darth Vader toward the end, but some good ones building up early portions . . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:26 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 20000
Mac wrote:
Star Wars fans have become such soy drinking little cucks. Prepare to cringe...

I just realised that this guy is on holiday with his wife and booked a room with seperate beds. :lol:

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:52 pm 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:
Mac wrote:
Star Wars fans have become such soy drinking little cucks. Prepare to cringe...

I just realised that this guy is on holiday with his wife and booked a room with seperate beds. :lol:

After watching part of that video (I couldn’t make it through the whole video), I am surprised that his wife didn’t insist on separate rooms. :lol:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:30 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19050
The whole western world has become wetter than a monsoon this last five years.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:18 am 
Sergeant Major

The nice thing about incels like wheepy up there: damn few genes into the F2!
AND!
Even LESS in F3!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:02 pm 
First Sergeant

Mac wrote:

Attachment:
1555443732400.jpg
1555443732400.jpg [ 174.87 KiB | Viewed 229 times ]

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:23 pm 
First Sergeant

Seems like the next Star Wars movie is in trouble...

Quote:
George Lucas Saving Star Wars; Test Screenings 'Disaster'

New rumors have hit the net offering that George Lucas has been called to save Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker following test screenings that are claimed to have been a complete "disaster."

The Star Wars rumors come from the same YouTuber responsible for that rumor offering Disney is losing confidence in Brie Larson and Captain Marvel.

Note: Possible BIG spoilers follow, so bear that in mind.

Update: Disney CEO Bob Iger confirms Star Wars movies are going on hiatus for years.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker rumors:

It's claimed that three cuts of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker exist: A Kathleen Kennedy / J.J. Abrams version that absolutely tanked with test screening audiences; a second one featuring mandates from Disney CEO Bob Iger; with the third from George Lucas.

It's said the Star Wars test screenings were made up with a quarter of hardcore fans, a quarter who said they are simply fans, a quarter who are aware of Star Wars but don't buy merchandise or consider themselves big fans, and a quarter of people who are just as likely to see any movie (general audience).

Kennedy / Abrams version

Regarding the Kennedy / Abrams version, it said the first act is said to be pretty good and scored a 65 at the test screening; however it is all downhill from there.

The second act scored a 12, and is said to be "really really bad."

The third act scored only a 4, with only the general audience people giving it points.

The aggregate score for the Kathleen Kennedy / J.J. Abrams cut is said to be a 29, just awful.

A huge problem the test screening had was when Rey basically - in OP fashion - destroys The Emperor, which caused them to burst out in laughter.

Iger sat in on one of the last test screenings and is said to be p-ssed.

"Rey doesn't win, as much as literally stomps a mudhole in The Emperor's a--," the Youtuber says. "When this happens, all the screeners burst into laughter."

Iger is said to have flipped his lid and immediately ordered a redo.

Iger version

Disney CEO Bob Iger is said to have ordered a rework of the latter half of the first act and some of the second half.

It's claimed that Iger also ordered in Anakin and Luke in the flesh (Youtuber has no idea what that means).

The Iger test screening for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is said to have fared better at a 65.

George Lucas version

With the Kenney / Abrams version and the Iger version scoring not as high as hoped, George Lucas, who is said to have worked on some early writing on the flick, offers help and incorporates both the Kenney / Abrams version and the Iger version, but during the third act George Lucas introduces a secret Skywalker.

The Lucas version is said to have scored an 88.

Various additional info:

While some rumors have claimed that Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker underwent a massive redo, the YouTuber claims it's about 25% of the three different versions that have been redone.

The Youtuber offers three possibilities that may happen:

Kennedy gets fired; Iger picks the Lucas version
Kennedy quits, which is unlikely, and Iger picks the Lucas version.
The release date pushed back to further fix things (least likely).

It's further claimed that Disney reportedly spent an additional $300 million after the "meltdown," and that the firing of the Game of Thrones creators was a shot in the direction at Kennedy (Rian Johnson is also rumored to have been let go).

Secret Skywalker

Regarding the identity of the secret Skywalker, that is unknown.

It could be an existing character (the Youtuber laughed at the notion it's Rose).

My thought: Who knows? Maybe it is a new character, a character that will go on to star in new movies, as reportedly, Rian Johnson was going to basically reboot the franchise with new stories and characters, but Disney is said to be in no longer favor of that approach as they don't want to further tick off the hardcore audience and continue to stray away from the core concepts.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker gets released on Dec. 20, 2019.

https://cosmicbook.news/george-lucas-sa ... s-disaster

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:45 pm 
Sergeant Major

Amazingly Microsoft has (SO FAR!) failed to screw the pooch with Minecraft. That must be one of the few exceptions in the history of big dollar IP exchanges where the new owner did not either screw the pooch at least partially, if not in full . . . I suppose Fallout 3 and 4 were pretty damn big hits, so those would also count. And the transformation of the IP between 2 and 3 is ENORMOUS.

But here is the thing: despite the complete overhaul of game camera and game play mode (turn-based combat isometric low-res spirits --> real-time 'slowable' first-person format, extreme high res full-3D, HIGH DETAIL), Fallout 3 remained at least true in effort (if not also in accomplishment) to the "SPIRIT" of Fallout 1 and 2: a grim and darkly humorous post-apocalyptic retro-futuristic world in which a lone hero with some computer companions can play the role of hero or spoiler.

It is the departure from the SPIRIT of the original Star Wars which has led to its downfall. They easily could have included a reasonable dose of intersectionality into it, but they had to insist on making it as pedantic and preachy as possible.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:14 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8493
Anthropoid wrote:
It is the departure from the SPIRIT of the original Star Wars which has led to its downfall. They easily could have included a reasonable dose of intersectionality into it, but they had to insist on making it as pedantic and preachy as possible.

Absolutely this. Throw your transgender shit in if you must but at least respect the originals and tell a good story.

The bedfellows politics made are never strange. It only seems that way to those who have not watched the courtship.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24