maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum rules


Trolls will feel the wrath of Kam



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars - Blah Blah Blahhh
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:35 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am
Posts: 11582
Reputation points: 16550
Watched Solo a few nights ago.

Didn't find it politically contentious - actually Landos' girldroid was one of the better things in it, she was a bit like K2SO.

I just found it bland. Absolutely by the numbers, cookie cutter/ Insert chase scene here, insert blasterblaze there, insert sabacc game and sassy droid here. Pretty much the pinnacle of corporate movie churn. Completely visionless. I think Rogue One actually did have a vision, and a lot of bathos, and a bit of daring even, compared to that.

It kinda reminds me of the DC movies, there's just something missing, they are hollow, there's just nothing at the core. Solo didn't make me wince in awfulness or anything, it just left me feeling like I had watched something fundamentally empty. Unlike when I watched, say, Deadpool 2.

The lack of vision may well be because Kathleen Kennedy cares about SJWing more than making good movies. For me the SJWing itself though was fairly innocuous in this one when I was actually sat and watching it. But clearly someones priorities are very backwards.

_________________
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars - Blah Blah Blahhh
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:25 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 31357
Location: West coast of the east coast
Reputation points: 20000
EUBanana wrote:
Watched Solo a few nights ago.

Didn't find it politically contentious - actually Landos' girldroid was one of the better things in it, she was a bit like K2SO.

I just found it bland. Absolutely by the numbers, cookie cutter/ Insert chase scene here, insert blasterblaze there, insert sabacc game and sassy droid here. Pretty much the pinnacle of corporate movie churn. Completely visionless. I think Rogue One actually did have a vision, and a lot of bathos, and a bit of daring even, compared to that.

It kinda reminds me of the DC movies, there's just something missing, they are hollow, there's just nothing at the core. Solo didn't make me wince in awfulness or anything, it just left me feeling like I had watched something fundamentally empty. Unlike when I watched, say, Deadpool 2.

The lack of vision may well be because Kathleen Kennedy cares about SJWing more than making good movies. For me the SJWing itself though was fairly innocuous in this one when I was actually sat and watching it. But clearly someones priorities are very backwards.



Careful there. A lack of sufficient praise for the movie might lead Nero to think that Russian bots have taken over your MadDog account so as to post propaganda. ;-)

_________________
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars - Blah Blah Blahhh
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:59 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am
Posts: 11582
Reputation points: 16550
chijohnaok wrote:
Careful there. A lack of sufficient praise for the movie might lead Nero to think that Russian bots have taken over your MadDog account so as to post propaganda. ;-)


:lol:

Making a super popular blockbuster is hard enough I would've thought even if that was your laser-focused goal.

Clearly the Star Wars pushers have agendas other than that laser-focused goal. I would suggest that at the most charitable reading, they need to focus a bit more on what really matters, ie quality. Derivative pap ain't gonna sell.

_________________
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars - Blah Blah Blahhh
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:12 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 15918
Reputation points: 720
EUBanana wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:
Careful there. A lack of sufficient praise for the movie might lead Nero to think that Russian bots have taken over your MadDog account so as to post propaganda. ;-)


:lol:

Making a super popular blockbuster is hard enough I would've thought even if that was your laser-focused goal.

Clearly the Star Wars pushers have agendas other than that laser-focused goal. I would suggest that at the most charitable reading, they need to focus a bit more on what really matters, ie quality. Derivative pap ain't gonna sell.

:lol:

I have no take in the alt.right culture war against star wars. Though I understand the misogyny of the incel bot fucktards.

I have not seen this Solo movie, and most likely will not see.

But were there nekked women, wide open beavers and big tits?

If so, I'd reconsider.

OK, a Disney movie, never mind.

PS. I piss on alt.right. :mrgreen:

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars - Blah Blah Blahhh
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:57 am 
Offline
Sergeant

Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:48 pm
Posts: 2749
Reputation points: 8891
EUBanana wrote:
Watched Solo a few nights ago.

Didn't find it politically contentious - actually Landos' girldroid was one of the better things in it, she was a bit like K2SO.

I just found it bland. Absolutely by the numbers, cookie cutter/ Insert chase scene here, insert blasterblaze there, insert sabacc game and sassy droid here. Pretty much the pinnacle of corporate movie churn. Completely visionless. I think Rogue One actually did have a vision, and a lot of bathos, and a bit of daring even, compared to that.

It kinda reminds me of the DC movies, there's just something missing, they are hollow, there's just nothing at the core. Solo didn't make me wince in awfulness or anything, it just left me feeling like I had watched something fundamentally empty. Unlike when I watched, say, Deadpool 2.

The lack of vision may well be because Kathleen Kennedy cares about SJWing more than making good movies. For me the SJWing itself though was fairly innocuous in this one when I was actually sat and watching it. But clearly someones priorities are very backwards.


Agreed. Wasn't bad but I didn't think the guy playing Han had the "it" factor. This may be the high point of his career. Also found the Billy Dee Williams impersonation annoying. Girl droid was great. Game of Thrones chick way more interesting than Han.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars - Blah Blah Blahhh
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:37 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am
Posts: 11582
Reputation points: 16550
CatLover7 wrote:
Game of Thrones chick way more interesting than Han.


God's truth right there.

Looking back on it how did they make Han so boring?

It didn't help that rather than being the edgy rogue, he was basically a Luke Skywalker straight up paladin hero type.

_________________
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars - Blah Blah Blahhh
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:55 pm 
Offline
Sergeant

Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:48 pm
Posts: 2749
Reputation points: 8891
EUBanana wrote:
CatLover7 wrote:
Game of Thrones chick way more interesting than Han.


God's truth right there.

Looking back on it how did they make Han so boring?

It didn't help that rather than being the edgy rogue, he was basically a Luke Skywalker straight up paladin hero type.


Imagine the movie they could have made leaving the "name" characters out of it completely. _________: A Star Wars Story. Centered around Emelia Clarke, Woody Harrelson, Thandie Newton & Paul Bettany's characters. That would have kicked butt.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars - Blah Blah Blahhh
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:26 am 
Offline
Gunnery Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:16 am
Posts: 6408
Location: The Cockney Paradise
Reputation points: 19878
Leaked pic from Star Wars Episode lX...

Attachment:
1540280741807.jpg
1540280741807.jpg [ 65.2 KiB | Viewed 117 times ]

_________________
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars - Blah Blah Blahhh
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:33 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm
Posts: 11968
Location: inside your worst nightmare
Reputation points: 16086
The Wookie looks bored.

_________________
Anthro's NSFW Thread


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group