maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Trolls will feel the wrath of Kam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars - Blah Blah Blahhh
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:35 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16550
Watched Solo a few nights ago.

Didn't find it politically contentious - actually Landos' girldroid was one of the better things in it, she was a bit like K2SO.

I just found it bland. Absolutely by the numbers, cookie cutter/ Insert chase scene here, insert blasterblaze there, insert sabacc game and sassy droid here. Pretty much the pinnacle of corporate movie churn. Completely visionless. I think Rogue One actually did have a vision, and a lot of bathos, and a bit of daring even, compared to that.

It kinda reminds me of the DC movies, there's just something missing, they are hollow, there's just nothing at the core. Solo didn't make me wince in awfulness or anything, it just left me feeling like I had watched something fundamentally empty. Unlike when I watched, say, Deadpool 2.

The lack of vision may well be because Kathleen Kennedy cares about SJWing more than making good movies. For me the SJWing itself though was fairly innocuous in this one when I was actually sat and watching it. But clearly someones priorities are very backwards.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:25 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
EUBanana wrote:

Didn't find it politically contentious - actually Landos' girldroid was one of the better things in it, she was a bit like K2SO.

I just found it bland. Absolutely by the numbers, cookie cutter/ Insert chase scene here, insert blasterblaze there, insert sabacc game and sassy droid here. Pretty much the pinnacle of corporate movie churn. Completely visionless. I think Rogue One actually did have a vision, and a lot of bathos, and a bit of daring even, compared to that.

It kinda reminds me of the DC movies, there's just something missing, they are hollow, there's just nothing at the core. Solo didn't make me wince in awfulness or anything, it just left me feeling like I had watched something fundamentally empty. Unlike when I watched, say, Deadpool 2.

The lack of vision may well be because Kathleen Kennedy cares about SJWing more than making good movies. For me the SJWing itself though was fairly innocuous in this one when I was actually sat and watching it. But clearly someones priorities are very backwards.

Careful there. A lack of sufficient praise for the movie might lead Nero to think that Russian bots have taken over your MadDog account so as to post propaganda. ;-)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

chijohnaok wrote:
Careful there. A lack of sufficient praise for the movie might lead Nero to think that Russian bots have taken over your MadDog account so as to post propaganda. ;-)

:lol:

Making a super popular blockbuster is hard enough I would've thought even if that was your laser-focused goal.

Clearly the Star Wars pushers have agendas other than that laser-focused goal. I would suggest that at the most charitable reading, they need to focus a bit more on what really matters, ie quality. Derivative pap ain't gonna sell.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:12 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
EUBanana wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:

Making a super popular blockbuster is hard enough I would've thought even if that was your laser-focused goal.

Clearly the Star Wars pushers have agendas other than that laser-focused goal. I would suggest that at the most charitable reading, they need to focus a bit more on what really matters, ie quality. Derivative pap ain't gonna sell.

I have no take in the alt.right culture war against star wars. Though I understand the misogyny of the incel bot fucktards.

I have not seen this Solo movie, and most likely will not see.

But were there nekked women, wide open beavers and big tits?

If so, I'd reconsider.

OK, a Disney movie, never mind.

PS. I piss on alt.right. :mrgreen:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:57 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8891
EUBanana wrote:

Agreed. Wasn't bad but I didn't think the guy playing Han had the "it" factor. This may be the high point of his career. Also found the Billy Dee Williams impersonation annoying. Girl droid was great. Game of Thrones chick way more interesting than Han.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

CatLover7 wrote:
Game of Thrones chick way more interesting than Han.

God's truth right there.

Looking back on it how did they make Han so boring?

It didn't help that rather than being the edgy rogue, he was basically a Luke Skywalker straight up paladin hero type.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:55 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8891
EUBanana wrote:
CatLover7 wrote:
Game of Thrones chick way more interesting than Han.

God's truth right there.

Looking back on it how did they make Han so boring?

It didn't help that rather than being the edgy rogue, he was basically a Luke Skywalker straight up paladin hero type.

Imagine the movie they could have made leaving the "name" characters out of it completely. _________: A Star Wars Story. Centered around Emelia Clarke, Woody Harrelson, Thandie Newton & Paul Bettany's characters. That would have kicked butt.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:26 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 19878
Leaked pic from Star Wars Episode lX...

Attachment:
1540280741807.jpg
1540280741807.jpg [ 65.2 KiB | Viewed 117 times ]

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:33 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16086
The Wookie looks bored.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22