maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Trolls will feel the wrath of Kam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars - Blah Blah Blahhh
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:19 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7868
NefariousKoel wrote:
EDIT: Apparently someone reported him for making fun of the ginger actress. He changed her photo out for someone else's.

:roll:

Of course.

The bedfellows politics made are never strange. It only seems that way to those who have not watched the courtship.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:50 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
A more recent and in-depth review of TLJ including more specific video scene commentary.

The points are well made. Roastin' :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:21 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 17657
Solo Star Wars film underwhelms at box office. Disney are probably going to take this as a message that audiences don't have time for white male leads in 2018...

Quote:
Solo: A Star Wars Story, the latest prequel in the huge film franchise, has failed to make the impact Disney had hoped in North America.

Analysts had predicted Ron Howard's film about a young Han Solo would take between $130m (£97.6m) and $150m (£112.7m) on its debut weekend.

But it had to settle for $103m (£77.4m), which was still enough to knock Deadpool 2 off the top spot.

Solo, starring Alden Ehrenreich, took an estimated $168m (£126.2m) overseas.

However, the film was generally praised by critics when reviews first came out.

The Hollywood Reporter reckons that most box-office analysts blame Solo's underwhelming performance on the fact that it debuted just five months after Star Wars: The Last Jedi was released, suggesting audience fatigue.

"There's a question of frequency, and how many times people will go to the movies. Is this too much and too soon for a third time in a five-week period?" Disney distribution chief Dave Hollis told the film news website.

"Let's measure how we feel about this until more time passes," he added.

The Han Solo origin film fared less well than its fellow standalone, 2016's Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, which opened to $155m in the US and Canada.

In fact, it had the lowest opening for a Star Wars film since Disney took over the franchise, starting with 2015's The Force Awakens - the first of a trilogy - which took $248m over its first three days.

The Last Jedi, released in December, took $220m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44283427

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:47 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17050
nero wrote:
Kameolontti wrote:
I did like the latest movie, I thought it was one of the best.

There are two primary cases where I leave the contemporary political struggles out.

1) When reading history
2) When watching films like Star Wars

Simply, you *can* have a fantasy world with it's own fantastical settings, struggles and such limited to that world and not tied deeply to something like upcoming elections. Even if some people will do just that, I just try my best to completely categorically ignore them while telling them to fuck off and gently using elbows if I must.

Now, tomorrow the latest film will be about Han. Totally going to see it. Without any bullshit political baggage too. Just me, my Good Stuff to eat and drink and no one making any commentary whatsoever on a movie I've paid to enjoy.

I really don't mind *more* Star Wars. Why would I actively be resentful? I love Star Wars and seeing well made new content is always nice though someone needed to give EA a big whoopin' for taking a huge dump on Star Wars.

Right on spot. ;)

When watching movies like Star Wars, it is just better to ignore 4chan/pol/ racist incel misogynia.

So it goes.

It's been literally years since I last visited 4chan out of interest to see what everyone was talking about. I still don't get the place.

Incel people.. :lol:

Life must be hard for them or something. I can't really figure how being weak and pathetic developed to such a massive self victimization cult.

Now, there's a group that could do something about themselves instead of whining about women not showing up at their door like they do in the dubious movies that they watch.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:49 am 

Mac wrote:
Solo Star Wars film underwhelms at box office. Disney are probably going to take this as a message that audiences don't have time for white male leads in 2018...

Quote:
Solo: A Star Wars Story, the latest prequel in the huge film franchise, has failed to make the impact Disney had hoped in North America.

Analysts had predicted Ron Howard's film about a young Han Solo would take between $130m (£97.6m) and $150m (£112.7m) on its debut weekend.

But it had to settle for $103m (£77.4m), which was still enough to knock Deadpool 2 off the top spot.

Solo, starring Alden Ehrenreich, took an estimated $168m (£126.2m) overseas.

However, the film was generally praised by critics when reviews first came out.

The Hollywood Reporter reckons that most box-office analysts blame Solo's underwhelming performance on the fact that it debuted just five months after Star Wars: The Last Jedi was released, suggesting audience fatigue.

"There's a question of frequency, and how many times people will go to the movies. Is this too much and too soon for a third time in a five-week period?" Disney distribution chief Dave Hollis told the film news website.

"Let's measure how we feel about this until more time passes," he added.

The Han Solo origin film fared less well than its fellow standalone, 2016's Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, which opened to $155m in the US and Canada.

In fact, it had the lowest opening for a Star Wars film since Disney took over the franchise, starting with 2015's The Force Awakens - the first of a trilogy - which took $248m over its first three days.

The Last Jedi, released in December, took $220m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44283427

They really thought that some random nobody could just hop into shoes of Harrison Ford and fill them without issue?

Also, this is possibly the worst time of the year to bring out a movie - and then they've got this "re-cast Disney" vs. Deadpool 2 thing going on. Clear no-brainer there. It's beautiful outside, who wants to sit in a cinema when you can be out in the park beating up your friends?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:12 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 17657
Kameolontti wrote:
They really thought that some random nobody could just hop into shoes of Harrison Ford and fill them without issue?

They should have hired this guy...

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:44 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Mac wrote:

I'm sure you're right. They've doubled down on insulting critical fans, and show no sign of changing their brew.

The low Solo box office numbers are a direct result of their previous SW film, The Last Jedi.

For a franchise which had probably the largest base of devout theater-goers, the Disney Star Wars team has now managed to alienate and insult so many that they've stopped going and began affecting their bottom line. I just wonder how much hurt it will take before Disney openly tries to change (and sacks the old feminazi secretary who slept her way into the Hollywood director scene long ago).

Even if Solo was a passable movie, the Disney-Lucasfilm people have trash talked the old fans so much, off-screen, that it's become a vendetta.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:36 am 

NefariousKoel wrote:
Mac wrote:

I'm sure you're right. They've doubled down on insulting critical fans, and show no sign of changing their brew.

The low Solo box office numbers are a direct result of their previous SW film, The Last Jedi.

For a franchise which had probably the largest base of devout theater-goers, the Disney Star Wars team has now managed to alienate and insult so many that they've stopped going and began affecting their bottom line. I just wonder how much hurt it will take before Disney openly tries to change (and sacks the old feminazi secretary who slept her way into the Hollywood director scene long ago).

Even if Solo was a passable movie, the Disney-Lucasfilm people have trash talked the old fans so much, off-screen, that it's become a vendetta.

I've seen that there's one special place in business where any amount of operating loss and lost potential income is tolerable:

When it comes down to Spreading The Word and Fighting For the Cause.

"Can you place a price for indoctrination?"

Money means influence, ability to spend it to affect changes you want. It can be spent to earn more influence or to achieve other things such as help fund a children's hospital.

For the current media elite it's obvious they feel comfortable at having sufficient influence and assets that they are now ready to spend some to affect a change, spread the word, further the SJW Cause.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:22 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15300
Disney is coining it in from Marvel, they can afford to take some losses. They pretty much ARE the Hollywood blockbuster in 2018.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:31 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8391
Last Jedi coming to Netflix at the end of the month.

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/05/movies ... 201967720/

Glad I waited.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next