Trolls will feel the wrath of Kam

Post subject: 'Confederate' alternate history HBO drama
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:08 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7388
Here we go... :roll:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/game-thrones-c ... 00230.html

Quote:
Game Of Thrones creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have set their follow-up series to the blockbuster fantasy drama. They will reteam with HBO for Confederate, an alt-history original drama series.

Written by Benioff and Weiss, who also will showrun, Confederate chronicles events leading to the Third American Civil War. It takes place in an alternate timeline, where the Southern states have successfully seceded from the Union, giving rise to a nation in which slavery remains legal and has evolved into a modern institution. The story follows a broad swath of characters on both sides of the Mason-Dixon Demilitarized Zone – freedom fighters, slave hunters, politicians, abolitionists, journalists, the executives of a slave-holding conglomerate, and the families of people in their thrall.

Partnering with Benioff and Weiss as executive producers and writers on the series will be Nichelle Tramble Spellman (Justified, The Good Wife) and Malcolm Spellman (Empire, the forthcoming Foxy Brown). Carolyn Strauss (Game Of Thrones) and Bernadette Caulfield (Game Of Thrones, Big Love) will also join as executive producers.

“As the brilliant Game Of Thrones winds down to its final season, we are thrilled to be able to continue our relationship with Dan and David, knowing that any subject they take on will result in a unique and ambitious series,” said HBO programming president Casey Bloys. “Their intelligent, wry and visually stunning approach to storytelling has a way of engaging an audience and taking them on an unforgettable journey. Confederate promises to be no exception, and we are honored to be adding the talented team of Nichelle and Malcolm Spellman to the mix.”

Adds Benioff and Weiss: “We have discussed Confederate for years, originally as a concept for a feature film. But our experience on Thrones has convinced us that no one provides a bigger, better storytelling canvas than HBO. There won’t be dragons or White Walkers in this series, but we are creating a world, and we couldn’t imagine better partners in world-building than Nichelle and Malcolm, who have impressed us for a long time with their wit, their imagination and their Scrabble-playing skills.”

Production on Confederate will begin following the final season of Game Of Thrones.

The bedfellows politics made are never strange. It only seems that way to those who have not watched the courtship.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 'Confederate' alternate history HBO drama
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:35 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16223
Will we see those from other nations organize boycotts against the apartheid of the evil South?

Will we see brave Southern SJW's "resisting"?

As for me, I won't be seeing any of it since I don't subscribe to HBO.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:48 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4420
Three American civil wars? Does that mean Imperial Germany wins WWI?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:42 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 14267
http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/31/oscar ... nfederate/

I’ve been taking a wait-and-see attitude toward HBO’s recently announced series Confederate, whose premise is an alternate history where the South won the Civil War. Right now, that’s all the show is: a premise. But it’s by the same people who do Game of Thrones, so I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. It’s a controversial idea, but they’re thoughtful writers and I don’t want to judge it before they’ve even written a single script. Depicting an idea isn’t necessarily condoning it, and “What If?” alt-history stories are a mainstay of fantasy and science fiction. That’s what this is: fiction. It’s not real. It’s just a show.

This attitude is, of course, racist.

Fox News (of course!):

A social media campaign to derail HBO’s planned modern-day Southern slavery drama quickly caught fire, rapidly shooting to the top ranks of Twitter both nationally and internationally.
Amplifying earlier criticism of the project, the campaign, with “OscarsSoWhite” activist April Reign among its organizers, asked people to tweet to HBO with the hashtag “NoConfederate” during Sunday’s broadcast of the channel’s top hit “Game of Thrones…”

.....more

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:19 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 2202
doggie wrote:
http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/31/oscarssowhite-masterminds-create-incredible-new-hashtag-noconfederate/

I’ve been taking a wait-and-see attitude toward HBO’s recently announced series Confederate, whose premise is an alternate history where the South won the Civil War. Right now, that’s all the show is: a premise. But it’s by the same people who do Game of Thrones, so I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. It’s a controversial idea, but they’re thoughtful writers and I don’t want to judge it before they’ve even written a single script. Depicting an idea isn’t necessarily condoning it, and “What If?” alt-history stories are a mainstay of fantasy and science fiction. That’s what this is: fiction. It’s not real. It’s just a show.

This attitude is, of course, racist.

Fox News (of course!):

A social media campaign to derail HBO’s planned modern-day Southern slavery drama quickly caught fire, rapidly shooting to the top ranks of Twitter both nationally and internationally.
Amplifying earlier criticism of the project, the campaign, with “OscarsSoWhite” activist April Reign among its organizers, asked people to tweet to HBO with the hashtag “NoConfederate” during Sunday’s broadcast of the channel’s top hit “Game of Thrones…”

.....more

The Red Guards in action.
Shout down dissent, shout down alteration from orthodoxy.
There is but one truth, one cause, and THEY know all about it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:21 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 14634
Funny thing is...

The show probably would've just pushed the Left-Coasties' preconceived urban notions of the stupid low-class southern rednecks.

More blue-on-blue competition in the Outrage Olympics - working against their own narratives. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:22 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 15171
Holy shit, do commercial entertainment companies actually need to worry about the opinions of their viewers?

I thought their job was to re-educate the people with the attitude "you either will be re-educated or you will cry and be re-educated!"

Now some snipeful sneering remarks from the SJW crowd on how everyone is a Nazi racist redneck unless they whip themselves for being white males. And no, it doesn't count until you break blood and it only cleans you for a few hours at a time so you need to keep up the practice. This all is of course rational and sensible whereas having been born in a Southern State and being a white male is awful. Confederate flag is worse than Nazi Swastika, though USSR flag is cool and so is Che Guevara.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:30 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 12194
I'd only watch if I get to see CSA fanbois burn.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:06 am 
PFC

Reputation points: 1268
Sounded good at first, but it's simply going to be a platform for leftist counter-signalling about modern 'oppression' of blacks. It's a better fit for the Obama admin.

All the false outrage that blacks and liberals are making over this film will be quietly soothed when they watch a show that actually panders to their passions.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:20 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 1855
I think I'll pass...pretty sure I don't need to hear some dickhead preaching about how I should be ashamed at my race and place of birth.

Profile E-mail