maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Trolls will feel the wrath of Kam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: No One Here Gets Out Alive - 2017
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:03 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
HancockTheSuperb wrote:
My Dad......89 years old, WWII Navy Vet, Korean War Army Vet (MP). Wasted not one day in his life. He will be missed. Sorry, needed to do this.

Sorry to hear that, amigo.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:50 pm 
Corporal

Location: Gettysburg, PA...9PM July 1, 1863..saving the Union army
Reputation points: 3823
Thanks Mad Ones. Probably not the forum but was a bit down and just needed to. Whatever good can be found me, was attributable to him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15175
HancockTheSuperb wrote:
My Dad......89 years old, WWII Navy Vet, Korean War Army Vet (MP). Wasted not one day in his life. He will be missed. Sorry, needed to do this.

RIP. :(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:40 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15175
John Hurt just died.

A sad day.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... an-9707290

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14552
Mary Tyler Moore, 1936-2017

http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-mary-tyler-moore-20170125-story.html

Co-star of the Dick Van Dyke show and star and c0-writer of the Mary Tyler Moore show.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:57 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13981
RIP HCPC

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:11 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 17032
Richard Hatch who played Captain Apollo in the 70's Battlestar Galactica movie n tv show dies aged 71...

Quote:
Tributes are being paid to actor Richard Hatch, who has died from pancreatic cancer at the age of 71.

He was the only actor to appear in both the original series of Battlestar Galactica and its more recent reboot.

Hatch played Captain Apollo in the original sci-fi series and a different character - Tom Zarek - in the reboot from 2004 to 2009.

Star Trek actor George Takei wrote on Twitter: "Rest with the galactic stars, Richard Hatch."

Ronald D Moore, who created the rebooted version of Battlestar Galactica, described Hatch as "a good man, a gracious man, and a consummate professional".

"His passing is a heavy blow to the entire BSG family," Moore added.

Hatch's son Paul confirmed his father's death in a message posted on the actor's website: "He died peacefully with his family and friends at his side after a battle with pancreatic cancer."

Dave Prowse, who played Darth Vader in the original Star Wars trilogy, tweeted: "Very sad to hear about Richard Hatch #RIP #Apollo."

Edward James Olmos, who starred in the Battlestar Galactica reboot, added: "Richard Hatch you made our universe a better place We love you for it. Rest In Peace my friend."

Hatch's other acting work included an early role on All My Children in 1971 and appearances on Dynasty, The Love Boat, Santa Barbara and Baywatch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38904586

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

RIP Apollo.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... orado.html

Photos at above linked article
Quote:
Band of Brothers paratrooper Edward Tipper who was portrayed in the hit HBO series dies at age 95
    Edward Tipper, a World War II paratrooper who was portrayed in the HBO series Band of Brothers, has died at age 95
    He died February 1 in the Denver suburb of Lakewood, his daughter Kerry said
    Edward Tipper was a member of the famed Easy Company, and parachuted into France as part of the June 6, 1944, Allied D-Day invasion
    The company's exploits were retold in Band of Brothers, based on research by historian Stephen Ambrose
    Tipper was interviewed for the series and was portrayed by actor Bart Ruspoli

By Associated Press
PUBLISHED: 00:16 EST, 12 February 2017 | UPDATED: 06:45 EST, 13 February 2017

Edward Tipper, a Second World War paratrooper who was portrayed in the HBO series Band of Brothers, has died at the age of 95.

The hero passed away on February 1 in the Denver suburb of Lakewood, according to his daughter, Kerry Tipper.

Edward Tipper was a member of the famed Easy Company, part of the 101st Airborne Division, and parachuted into France as part of the June 6, 1944, Allied D-Day invasion.

The company's exploits were retold in Band of Brothers, based on research by historian Stephen Ambrose.

Tipper was interviewed for the HBO series and was portrayed by actor Bart Ruspoli.

A few days after the parachute drop, Tripper's eye and leg were badly injured by a mortar shell.

He was hospitalized for a year. Tipper was awarded the Bronze Star and Purple Heart.

He also received the French Legion of Honor medal in 2011, according to The Denver Post.

Doctors gave him a list of things he couldn't do, but that became a checklist for things to master, his daughter said.

'He was defiant above all,' she told The Denver Post. He took up handball, not because he liked it, but to prove he could do it, she said.

He was an avid skier and kept that up into his 80s, Kerry Tipper said.

After the war, Edward Tipper attended the University of Michigan and the University of Northern Colorado — then the Colorado State College of Education — and became a teacher.

His first teaching job was in Iowa, and then he returned to Colorado, teaching English and literature and running drama programs in Jefferson County on Denver's western edge.

'So much of what people talk about with him is what he did in the war. That was two years and really six days starting on D-Day,' Kerry Tipper said. 'Teaching was 30 years.'

Edward Tipper will be buried at Fort Logan National Cemetery.

He leaves behind his daughter Kerry, his wife Rosalina, and his son-in-law, The Denver Post reported.

Kerry told the newspaper: 'He would want to be remembered as someone that changed lives, that brought meaning to people's lives.

'He would want to be remembered as the incredible father and husband he was.'

RIP.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:45 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8391
RIP Larry & Doug

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next