maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Trolls will feel the wrath of Kam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: No One Here Gets Out Alive - 2017
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:47 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2776
Kalle Blomkvist.

RIP.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:23 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 8782
nero wrote:
Kalle Blomkvist.

RIP.
?

Maybe something here reveals the answer?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:33 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2776
abradley wrote:
nero wrote:
Kalle Blomkvist.

RIP.
?

Maybe something here reveals the answer?

I you'd read the Stieg Larsson books and some Astrid Lindgren books, you'd know.

But I have. ;)

Ask wulfir.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:20 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 11508
Not a celebrity death but rather the life and death of someone who touched the heart of a celebrity. Probably none of you other than maybe Banana have heard of this little guy who passed away yesterday, but it is a touching story of how he affected the people he came in contact with in his brief life. Sleep tight little one.

Quote:
Jermain Defoe has paid tribute to his “best friend” Bradley Lowery after the six-year-old Sunderland fan’s death from a rare form of cancer.

Bradley, who struck up a close friendship with Defoe after he had been diagnosed with neuroblastoma, died on Friday, a week after the pair were pictured together at the family’s home in Blackhall, County Durham.

In a statement accompanied by a montage of pictures of the two, Defoe wrote: “Goodbye my friend, gonna miss you lots. I feel so blessed God brought you into my life and for some amazing moments with you. For that I’m so grateful.

“I’ll never forget the way you looked at me when I met you for the first time, the genuine love in those cute eyes. Really finding it hard to find words to express what you mean to me.”

Defoe, who left Sunderland after their relegation to join Bournemouth, broke down at his unveiling at his new club last week when asked about Bradley.

He added: “Your courage and bravery will continue to inspire me for the rest of my life. You will never know what a difference you made to me as a person. God has you in his arms and I will always carry you in my heart. Sleep tight little one. My best friend.”

A fundraising campaign initially established by Bradley’s family to fund his treatment will continue in his name to raise money for other children being treated for the disease.

On Friday Sunderland said in a statement: “Bradley captured the hearts and minds of everyone at our club with his indomitable spirit, tremendous courage and beautiful smile, which could light up the darkest of rooms. He demonstrated a bravery and fortitude beyond his years. He was truly an inspiration.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ley-lowery

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:03 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11323
Yeah I heard of him.

Cancer really is a bitch.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:11 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15259
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40627029

Quote:
Living Dead director George A Romero dies at 77
17 minutes ago

The American-born filmmaker George A Romero, who created the genre-defining Living Dead movie franchise, has died at the age of 77, his family have said.

Romero died in his sleep on Sunday after a " brief but aggressive battle" with lung cancer, his manager told Variety.

Romero co-wrote and directed the film that started the zombie series - Night of the Living Dead - in 1968.

It led to a number of sequels - and a slew of imitators.

Many good movies from him..am entire genre.

RIP.

(And please don't come back from the dead)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:22 am 
Staff Sergeant

Mission Impossible star Martin Landau dies aged 89...

Quote:
The actor Martin Landau, best known for roles in the TV series Mission: Impossible and 1960s blockbusters like Cleopatra, has died, aged 89.

His publicist Dick Guttman confirmed the death, saying: "We are overcome with sadness."

Landau won a Best Supporting Actor Oscar in 1995 for portraying the horror movie star Bela Lugosi in Ed Wood.

He died on Saturday in Los Angeles of "unexpected complications" following a hospital visit.

Landau was born in New York and started out as a cartoonist for the New York Daily News before moving to theatre and then cinema acting.

He featured in the Alfred Hitchcock film North by Northwest and played a commander in Space: 1999 and Geppetto in a live-action version of The Adventures of Pinocchio.

But he turned down the role of Mr Spock in Star Trek, a role that went to his friend Leonard Nimoy instead.

And Nimoy later replaced Landau on Mission: Impossible when the latter left following a dispute over pay.

Many in Hollywood hit social media to pay tribute, including Star Trek actor William Shatner, who played the role of James T. Kirk.

Brent Spiner, best known for his portrayal of Lieutenant Commander Data in the television series Star Trek: The Next Generation, tweeted: "Great actor, Martin Landau leaves us at age 89. So glad the part of Lugosi came to him. He crushed it. RIP."

Stranger Things actor David Harbour wrote: "The great Martin Landau has died. Long time member of the actor's studio and brilliant craftsman in our tradition. I will miss his work."

Ralph Macchio, who played Daniel LaRusso in the Karate Kid series, praised Landau's performance in the 1989 comedy drama Crimes and Misdemeanours.

The film was written, directed by and co-starred Woody Allen and gave Landau his second Oscar nomination for best actor in a supporting role.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40627982

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:59 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington commits suicide aged 41...

Quote:
Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide.

TMZ reports the 41-year-old hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in Los Angeles County on Thursday morning.

Law enforcement officials say his body was found shortly before 9am.

The singer had a history of drug and alcohol abuse.

He had six children from his two marriages. He had been married to his second wife Talinda Ann Bentley for 12 years.

Bennington's suicide came on the day of his late friend Chris Cornell's birthday. The Soundgarden rocker killed himself in May by hanging. Cornell would have turned 53.

Chester, as well as Linkin Park guitarist Brad Delson, had performed Leonard Cohen's 'Hallelujah' for the crowd of mourners at Cornell's funeral, many of whom were moved to tears.

Linkin Park was set to start touring at the end of July following the release of the bands latest album One More Light.

The frontman had been open about his history of substance abuse and admitted in one interview in 2011 that he had once been a 'full blown, raging alcoholic'.

He also spoke out about being sexually abused as a seven-year-old, saying he had been molested by an older male friend.

'If I think back to when I was really young, to when I was being molested, to when all these horrible things were going on around me, I shudder,' he said in one interview.

Linkin Park's sixth album jumped to the top of the Billboard chart when it was released in May.

Linkin Park had a string of hits including Faint, In the End and Crawling. They debuted their first album in 2000 and famously collaborated with JAY-Z in 2004 for Collision Course.

Bennington formed his own band, Dead by Sunrise, as a side project in 2005.

He was also the lead vocalist for Stone Temple Pilots from 2013 to 2015.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... icide.html

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:30 am 
Staff Sergeant

John Heard who played Kevin's dad in the Home Alone movies dies aged 72...

Quote:
John Heard, the Hollywood actor best known for roles in "Home Alone" and "Gladiator", has died at 72.

His cause of death was not immediately known.

Mr Heard's body was found in a Palo Alto, California, hotel by maid services. He had reportedly been staying at the hotel after "minor back surgery" this week.

Police were reportedly called to the scene, but Mr Heard was pronounced dead on the scene.

"I can confirm that our officers responded with the Fire Department to a hotel in our city yesterday on a report of a person in need of medical aid,” a police spokesperson, who indicated a man matching Mr Heard's description was found, told People Magazine. “The person was determined to be deceased. While still under investigation, the death is not considered suspicious at this time.”

In addition to Home Alone and Gladiator, Mr Heard had appeared in numerous other films and television series. That includes TV appearances in The Sopranos, and Miami Vice. He was also in the movies "Beaches", "Pelican Brief", and the first "Sharknado" movie.

For his role in The Sopranos, Mr Heard was nominated for an Emmy in 1999.

The coroner is investigating the cause of his death.

Mr Heard had three children.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 54801.html

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:19 am 
Staff Sergeant

June Foray, voice of ‘Bullwinkle Show’s’ Natasha and Rocky, dies at 99...

Quote:
June Foray, the voice of “The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show’s” Rocky the Flying Squirrel and his nemesis Natasha Fatale of Boris and Natasha fame in the early 1960s and a key figure in the animation industry, died Thursday. She was 99.

Her close friend Dave Nimitz, confirmed her death on Facebook, writing “With a heavy heart again I want to let you all know that we lost our little June today at 99 years old.”

Foray was also the voice behind Looney Tunes’ Witch Hazel, Nell from “Dudley Do-Right,” Granny in the “Tweety and Sylvester” cartoons and Cindy Lou Who in Chuck Jones’ “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” among hundreds of others.

The first lady of voice acting, one of the original members of animation organization ASIFA-Hollywood and founder of the annual Annie Awards, was also instrumental in the creation of the Oscars’ animated feature category.

“We are all saddened by the news of June’s passing,” said ASIFA-Hollywood executive director Frank Gladstone, who noted that she would have celebrated her 100th birthday in September. “Although it didn’t come as a shock, it has really taken us back a bit.”

Gladstone noted her instrumental role in starting the Annie Awards. “It was part of her legacy and a testament to her enduring love for animation and the animation industry.”

Said ASIFA president Jerry Beck: “On behalf of ASIFA-Hollywood, of which June was a founder, we are mourning the passing of animation’s best friend. She has touched so many lives: with her voice that of so many classic cartoon character, her efforts to create ASIFA, to maintain the Academy’s Oscar for Best Animated Short and her leadership in crafting the category of Best Animated Feature. She was one of a kind. A trailblazer, a great talent and a truly wonderful person. We will never forget her.”

Recently elected Academy board member and animation veteran Tom Sito said of Foray: “She was a mainstay of the animation community in Hollywood and the queen of voice talent.”

Foray continued to work late in life, reprising her role as Rocky in director Gary Trousdale’s short “Rocky and Bullwinkle,” released by DreamWorks Animation in 2014. In a 2013 interview with Variety, Foray said: “I’m still going. It keeps you thinking young. My body is old, but I think the same as I did when I was 20 years old.”

Foray is credited with coming up with the idea for the Annie Awards, which started out as a dinner honoring the year’s best in animation in 1972, and she presided over what has become a gala event in the animation industry every year since. The Annies created a juried award named for Foray in 1995 that honors individuals who have made significant or benevolent contributions to the art and industry of animation, and she was its first recipient.

Foray told Variety that she had been working in the animation business for about 20 years before the group that would eventually become ASIFA-Hollywood casually came to be. “We never did anything. Sometimes we’d have lunch together and call each other on the phone,” she said. Foray was a founding member of what was then called ASIFA West Coast in the early 1960s with fellow animation professionals Les Goldman, Bill Littlejohn, Ward Kimball, John Wilson, Carl Bell and Herbert Kasower.

In the early 1970s Foray pitched the idea for an awards show. “I was thinking that there were the Grammys, the Tonys, the Oscars, but nobody recognizes animation,” Foray said. So she suggested the board host a dinner, and though other board members said no one would show up to such an event, they rented space in the Sportsmen’s Lodge in the San Fernando Valley to honor animation pioneers Max and Dave Fleischer. “And 400 people showed up,” boasted Foray.

A longtime cheerleader for the animation industry, Foray lobbied for many years to have animated films recognized by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences. “I was on the board of governors for 26 years and I tried for 20 years” to convince the Academy to have a category for animated features, she told Variety. Finally the Academy created the category in 2001, and DreamWorks Animation’s “Shrek” won the first Oscar for animated feature. Afterward, Foray said, “Jeffrey Katzenberg called me to thank me because he was aware of what I had done.”

Though not a superstar in the traditional sense, Foray had an impressive list of fans, as Leonard Maltin relayed in his forward to Foray’s 2009 autobiography “Did You Grow Up With Me, Too?” He wrote: “When I was fortunate enough to attend the Oscar nominees’ luncheon in 2007, I asked director Martin Scorsese who he was excited to have met that day, among the hundred-or-so contenders and Academy guests. He smiled and said, ‘June Foray.’”

Foray was born June Lucille Forer in Springfield, Mass., and she was doing vocal work in local radio dramas by the time she was 12. She continued working in radio after her family moved to Los Angeles after she graduated from high school, following her dream of becoming an actress. She even had her own “Lady Make Believe” radio show that showcased her vocal talents, and she appeared regularly on network shows such as “Lux Radio Theater” and “The Jimmy Durante Show.”

She met her future husband, writer and director Hobart Donavan, while working on “Smilin’ Ed’s Buster Brown Show,” then moved on to work with Steve Allen on morning radio show “Smile Time,” in which she’d play “everyone and everything. It was there that I perfected my Spanish accent and where my booming Marjorie Main-type voice got a good workout,” she recalled in her autobiography.

After “Smile Time,” Foray found work with Capitol Records, where she recorded many children’s albums and where she first met and worked with Stan Freberg and Daws Butler, with whom she recorded several comedy records, including “Dragnet” parody “St. George and the Dragonet.” Later she was a regular cast member of “The Stan Freberg Show” on CBS Radio.

Foray got her start in the animation business when someone from the Walt Disney studio called her to ask if she could do the voice of a cat. “Well, I could do anything,” recalled Foray in an interview with Variety. “So he hired me as Lucifer the cat in ‘Cinderella,’ and then I started to work for Disney.” Much of her work for Disney was uncredited, including work as a mermaid and squaw in “Peter Pan.” But she starred as the voice of Hazel the Witch in the 1952 Donald Duck short “Trick or Treat,” using a voice that would later morph into “Looney Tunes” character Witch Hazel. She would often say that she voiced a long litany of cartoon witches, many of them named Hazel.

About the same time, the 1950s, Foray worked on a series of cartoons by such animation pioneers as Tex Avery and Walter Lantz. For Warner Bros., she became Granny in the “Tweety and Sylvester” cartoons and Alice Crumden in the cartoon parody of “The Honeymooners,” “The Honey-Mousers.” At Warner Bros. she met Chuck Jones, for whom she worked on several “Looney Tunes” cartoons, starting with “Broom-Stick Bunny” in 1956. She would later star as Cindy Lou Who in Jones’ cartoon adaptation of Dr. Seuss’ “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.”

She also voiced Mother Magoo in the “Mister Magoo” series.

But her greatest fame came with Jay Ward’s satirical “Rocky and His Friends,” which would later become “The Bullwinkle Show,” eventually known collectively as “The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show,” which ran from 1959 through 1964. Foray did most of the female voices for the show, including the voice of Russian villain Natasha Fatale, as well as that of Rocket J. Squirrel. She also voiced characters for other Jay Ward cartoons, such as “Dudley Do-Right” (Nell Fenwick), “George of the Jungle” (Jane) and “Tom Slick” (Marigold).

It wasn’t only in animation that Foray got to use her myriad vocal talents. She voiced the demonic doll Talky Tina in “The Twilight Zone” episode entitled “Living Doll” in 1963.

Despite her prolific career, she had to wait until 2012 for an Emmy nomination; she went on to win a Daytime Emmy for her performance as Mrs. Cauldron on Cartoon Network’s “The Garfield Show.”

A documentary about her life, “The One and Only June Foray,” was produced in 2013.

Foray was married to Bernard Barondess from 1941 to 1945. She was married to Donavan from 1954 until his death in 1976.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/people-news/ ... 08180/amp/

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next