maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Trolls will feel the wrath of Kam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: No One Here Gets Out Alive - 2017
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:11 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 15297
Malcom Young of AC/DC passes away aged 64...

Quote:
Australian guitarist and AC/DC co-founder Malcolm Young has died aged 64 after a long battle with dementia.

He died peacefully on Saturday with his family nearby, a statement said.

Young will be remembered for his powerful rhythm guitar riffs that were instrumental in propelling the Sydney heavy rock group to stardom.

Three Young brothers have been part of AC/DC's history, including lead guitarist Angus. Producer George Young died in October.

"Renowned for his musical prowess, Malcolm was a songwriter, guitarist, performer, producer and visionary who inspired many," the statement read.

"From the outset, he knew what he wanted to achieve and, along with his younger brother, took to the world stage giving their all at every show. Nothing less would do for their fans."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42037566

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:45 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 10882
Quote:
Longtime country singer, songwriter Mel Tillis dead at 85
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aweaoakyK8
By Associated Press

November 19, 2017 | 3:15pm

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Mel Tillis, the affable longtime country star who wrote hits for Kenny Rogers, Ricky Skaggs and many others, and overcame a stutter to sing on dozens of his own singles, has died.

(Continued)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:09 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19149

And that is all that needs to be said about this bastard.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:14 am 
Sergeant Major

http://variety.com/2017/music/people-ne ... 202618273/

Quote:
David Cassidy, ‘Partridge Family’ Star, Dies at 67

By Pat Saperstein and Erin Nyren

David Cassidy, pop culture idol of the 1970s, died Tuesday in a Florida hospital. The musician and actor was 67.

His publicist JoAnn Geffen confirmed his death, with a statement from his family. “On behalf of the entire Cassidy family, it is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our father, our uncle, and our dear brother, David Cassidy. David died surrounded by those he loved, with joy in his heart and free from the pain that had gripped him for so long. Thank you for the abundance and support you have shown him these many years.”

He had been hospitalized for several days with organ failure. Cassidy announced his diagnosis with dementia in early 2017. He performed at the B.B. King Blues Club & Grill in New York in March, talking about his dementia, and said his arthritis made playing guitar an ordeal.

With pretty-boy good looks and a long mane of dark hair, Cassidy was every girl’s favorite teen crush in the early 1970s and drew screaming crowds at concert appearances. David Cassidy was part of a show business family that included his father, Tony-winning actor Jack Cassidy, stepmother Shirley Jones, half-brother Shaun Cassidy and daughter, actress Katie Cassidy.

Raised in New Jersey, Cassidy moved to Los Angeles in 1969 after starring in a Broadway musical that closed after only four performances. In 1970, after signing with Universal, Cassidy took on the role of older brother Keith Partridge in “The Partridge Family.” Keith was the son of Shirley Partridge, who was played by Jones.

The ABC sitcom was loosely based on real-life family musical act the Cowsills, and ran from 1970 to 1974. The show became popular for its squeaky clean portrayal of life on the road as a family rock band in a brightly painted bus. In addition to Cassidy and Jones, “The Partridge Family” starred Susan Dey, Danny Bonaduce and Suzanne Crough as the family’s other children, and Dave Madden as manager Ruben Kincaid.

Cassidy and Jones were the only cast members who were allowed to actually sing; the other kids lip-synced, while the Wrecking Crew provided musical backup. Theme song “C’mon Get Happy” became one of TV’s most enduring songs, and helped launch Cassidy’s musical career.

After the singles “I Think I Love You” and “Cherish” took off, Cassidy began working on solo albums as well. He regularly sold out stadiums, leading to commentators to coin the phrase “Cassidymania.” Several of his shows resulted in riots or mass hysteria, including one notable 1974 performance in Australia, which garnered calls for Cassidy to be deported from the country.

At a 1974 London concert, nearly 800 people were injured in a stampede at a Cassidy concert, and one teenage girl died a few days later. He stopped touring and acting soon after, concentrating on recording, and had a hit with “I Write the Songs” before Barry Manilow made it part of his act.

In musical theater, he performed in “Little Johnny Jones,” “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat,” “Time” and “Blood Brothers” and created the Vegas shows “The Rat Pack is Back” and “At the Copa.”

Cassidy was Emmy nominated for a guest role on a “Police Story” episode “A Chance to Live.” NBC based the series “David Cassidy – Man Undercover” on the segment, but it lasted just one season. He also made guest appearances on shows including “Fantasy Island,” “The Love Boat” and “Tales of the Unexpected.”

In the decades that followed, Cassidy continued to perform in Las Vegas and tour. At later shows, Cassidy was known for participating in Q&A sessions at his concerts. He also played the manager of Aaron Carter’s character in the 2005 film “Popstar” and starred with half-brother Patrick in “Ruby and the Rockits,” created by his half-brother Shaun.

But he struggled with achieving his peak fame early in life, dealing with alcoholism and being arrested several times for DUIs. He filed for bankruptcy in 2015.

He is survived by step-mother Shirley Jones, half-brothers Shaun, Patrick and Ryan; daughter Katie Cassidy and son, Beau Cassidy.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:32 pm 
buck private

Quote:

Jim Nabors, Gomer Pyle on ‘Andy Griffith Show’, Dead at 87

FILE - Jim Nabors is seen in character for his role of Gomer Pyle in this 1966 file photo. Hawaii News Now reports Jim Nabors and his partner, Stan Cadwallader, traveled from their Honolulu home to Seattle to be married Jan. 15, 2013. The couple met in 1975 when Cadwallader was a Honolulu firefighter. The 82-year-old Nabors says you've got to solidify something when you've been together as long as they have. (AP Photo)
AP Photo

by Breitbart News30 Nov 2017459
HONOLULU (AP) — Jim Nabors, the shy Alabaman whose down-home comedy made him a TV star as Gomer Pyle and whose surprisingly operatic voice kept him a favorite in Las Vegas and other showplaces, died Thursday. He was 87.

Nabors, who underwent a liver transplant in 1994 after contracting hepatitis B, died peacefully at his home in Hawaii after his health had declined for the past year, said his husband, Stan Cadwallader, who was by his side.
(Continued)
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/ ... w-dead-87/
Don't remember watching him, but he was big in the day and never a bad word about him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:51 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

'Profumo affair' model Christine Keeler dies aged 75...

Quote:
Christine Keeler, the model embroiled in the 1960s Profumo affair, has died aged 75, her son has said on Facebook.

Seymour Platt said Ms Keeler had been ill for several months with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).

"There was a lot of good around Chris's rather tragic life, because there was a family around her that loved her," he told the Guardian.

Ms Keeler became famous for her part in the 1963 scandal, which shook Harold Macmillan's government.

At the height of the cold war, the-then teenager had an affair with Conservative cabinet minister John Profumo and a Russian diplomat at the same time.

Obituary: Christine Keeler

Mr Profumo was forced to resign after lying about the affair to Parliament.

Her family said she passed away on Monday at 23:30 GMT at the Princess Royal University Hospital near Farnborough, south-east London.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42245839

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 12499
Back when "Roasties" only got slightly roasted . . .

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:37 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Heather North, the voice of Scooby-Doo's Daphne, dies at 71...

Quote:
Heather North, the US actress who was the voice of Daphne in Scooby-Doo for many years, has died at the age of 71.

According to reports, she died at her Los Angeles home on 30 November after a long illness.

North was the second actress to voice the "danger-prone" Daphne Blake in the Scooby Doo, Where Are You! TV series, making her debut in 1970.

The California native continued voicing the role in various iterations of the property until 2003.

They included The New Scooby-Doo Movies of the early 1970s, the short-lived Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo series and The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries that aired in 1984.

North's other roles included Kurt Russell's girlfriend in Disney's The Barefoot Executive and Sandy Horton in Days of Our Lives.

It was that job that led to her meeting producer Wes Kenney, to whom she was married from 1971 up to his death in 2015.

Stefanianna Christopherson was the first actress to lend her voice to Daphne, the role Sarah Michelle Gellar played in the 2002 live-action film.

North's death was initially confirmed by the Hollywood Reporter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42425616

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:08 pm 
buck private

Quote:
Bestselling Mystery Writer Sue Grafton Dies at 77
FILE - In this Oct. 15, 2002 file photo, mystery writer Sue Grafton poses for a portrait in New York. Grafton has died in Santa Barbara, Calif., at the age of 77. Her daughter, Jamie Clark says her mother passed away Thursday night, Dec. 28, 2017, after a two-year battle with cancer and was surrounded by family. (AP Photo/Gino Domenico, file)
AP Photo/Gino Domenico, file
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/ ... n-dies-77/
by Breitbart News29 Dec 201710
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Sue Grafton, author of the best-selling “alphabet series” of mystery novels, has died in Santa Barbara. She was 77.

Grafton was surrounded by family, including husband Steven Humphrey, when she died Thursday after a two-year battle with cancer, her daughter, Jamie Clark, posted on the author’s website.

“Although we knew this was coming, it was unexpected and fast. She had been fine up until just a few days ago, and then things moved quickly,” the posting said.

Grafton began her “alphabet series” in 1982 with “A is for Alibi.” Her most recent book, “Y is for Yesterday,” was published in August.

“Many of you also know that she was adamant that her books would never be turned into movies or TV shows, and in that same vein, she would never allow a ghost writer to write in her name,” her daughter wrote. “Because of all of those things, and out of the deep abiding love and respect for our dear sweet Sue, as far as we in the family are concerned, the alphabet now ends at Y.”

Humphrey said Grafton had been struggling to find an idea for “Z″ while undergoing treatment and losing weight.

“Nothing’s been written,” he told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. “There is no Z.”

He added with a laugh, “Nobody in this family will ever use the letter Z again.”

The fictional heroine of the series, Southern California private detective Kinsey Millhone, was Grafton’s alter ego, she told The Seattle Times earlier this year.

“I’m an introvert, so doing half of what Kinsey is beyond my poor capabilities,” Grafton said. “But it’s fun to get to live her life without penalty.”

Her husband agreed that Grafton was Kinsey.

“Yes, as Sue said, ‘We’re one spirit in two bodies, and she got the good one,’” Humphrey said.

While Grafton aged, her heroine didn’t quite as much.

“So when I started, she was 32, and I was 42. Now, she is 39, and I am 77. So there’s a little bit of injustice there, but she is single,” she told NPR in an interview earlier this year. “She’s been married twice. She has no kids, no pets, no house plants.”

She said she was looking forward to reaching the end of the alphabet with “Z is for Zero.”

Grafton began writing at 18, and wrote her first novel at 22. “A is for Alibi” was the eighth novel she wrote, and the third she had published.

On her blog, she said her ideas come from everywhere.

“I read newspapers, textbooks on crime. I talk to private investigators, police officers, jail administrators, doctors, lawyers, career criminals. Ideas are everywhere,” she said.

Born in Louisville, Kentucky, Grafton stayed tied to her roots, dividing her time between a home there and her home in California. In addition to her husband and daughter Jamie Clark, she is survived by another daughter, Leslie Twine, and her son, Jay Schmidt.

Grafton’s remains will be cremated and the family will hold a private memorial Sunday. Memorials also will be held in Louisville and New York City.
Never read any of her stuff, listening to the intro of this audio book, her style sounds good, maybe I'll listen like Clint Eastwood's character did with reading women's mags in Heartbreak Ridge (1986), trying to understand women.

Never happen.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:48 pm 
Sergeant Major

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.3741451

Quote:
Jerry Van Dyke, star of ‘Coach,’ dead at 86

BY
RACHEL DESANTIS
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Saturday, January 6, 2018, 2:19 PM

Jerry Van Dyke, who emerged from the shadow of his older brother Dick to forge a successful comedy and acting career of his own, most memorably on the sitcom "Coach," reportedly died Friday at his home in Arkansas. He was 86.

Van Dyke's wife Shirley told TMZ that her husband's health had been slowly deteriorating since the couple was involved in a car accident two years ago.

Van Dyke was born in Illinois, and launched his career as a comedian by joining the touring ensemble in the Air Force.

"In the service, you can steal other people's material," Dick said in 2015 of realizing his brother's talent for the first time. "I didn't realize how good he was. The main thing about Jerry is that he's funny from the inside out."

He soon launched a television career, appearing on "The Dick Van Dyke Show" for a handful of episodes as Stacey Petrie, the military younger brother of Dick's Rob Petrie.

In the 1960s, he headlined two short-lived NBC sitcoms: "My Mother the Car," which ran from 1965 to 1966, and "Accidentally Family," from 1967 to 1968.

“I became known as the guy who did the worst show in the history of television,” he joked to People of “Mother” in 1993. “At least it took the edge off being Dick Van Dyke’s brother.”

In the years following, Van Dyke rounded out his resume with stints on dozens of popular TV shows, including "The Ed Sullivan Show," "Charles In Charge," "The Love Boat," "My Name Is Earl," and "Yes, Dear," where he appeared as the father of Jim Belushi's character.

However, his best known role came as Luther Van Dam on "Coach," a sitcom which ran from 1989 to 1997 on ABC.

Van Dyke scored four Emmy nominations for his role as an assisant coach for a college football team alongside Craig T. Nelson.

More recently, Van Dyke starred in a guest spot on ABC sitcom "The Middle" as Tag Spence, the father of Patricia Heaton's Frankie Heck.

In 2015, brother Dick appeared alongside him in an episode as his character's brother.

"We are becoming closer. I'm really getting to know him better at this age," Jerry said that year of working with his brother. "The nicer he is to me, the more I think he thinks I'm going to die."

Van Dyke is survived by Shirley, his wife of 40 years, and two children.

One of the worst career choices ever to be made were Jerry Van Dyke turning down the role of Gilligan in Gilligan's Island so that he could land the lead role in this gem of a show:

RIP.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13