maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Trolls will feel the wrath of Kam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: No One Here Gets Out Alive - 2017
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:38 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 14142
Liberals despised him so he must have been respectable.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:24 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2651
doggie wrote:
Liberals despised him so he must have been respectable.

Pussy grabbing and sexual harassment is always respectable. Just ask O'Really. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 12465
Roger Moore passes away aged 89...

Quote:
Actor Sir Roger Moore, best known for playing James Bond, has died aged 89, his family has announced.

He played the famous spy in seven Bond films including Live and Let Die and the Spy Who Loved Me.

Sir Roger's family confirmed the news on Twitter, saying he had died after "a short but brave battle with cancer".

The statement, from his children, read: "Thank you Pops for being you, and being so very special to so many people."

"With the heaviest of hearts, we must share the awful news that our father, Sir Roger Moore, passed away today. We are all devastated," they said in a Twitter post.

Sir Roger, who died in Switzerland, will have a private funeral in Monaco in accordance with his wishes, they added.

"The love with which he was surrounded in his final days was so great it cannot be quantified in words alone," read the statement from Deborah, Geoffrey and Christian.

"Our thoughts must now turn to supporting Kristina [his wife] at this difficult time."

It added: "We know our own love and admiration will be magnified many times over, across the world, by people who knew him for his films, his television shows and his passionate work for UNICEF which he considered to be his greatest achievement.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40018422

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:52 am 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:

R.I.P.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:18 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 9282
nero wrote:
Mac wrote:

R.I.P.
RIP

First remember him from Maverick circa 1960.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:15 am 
Sergeant Major

abradley wrote:
nero wrote:

R.I.P.
RIP

First remember him from Maverick circa 1960.

James Garner WAS Maverick. Just like Sean Connery was Bond. Roger Moore was an imposter.

But I remember him as the Saint.

So it goes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:27 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 9282
Quote:
Dina Merrill, heiress and actress, dead at 93

NEW YORK (AP) — Dina Merrill, the rebellious heiress who defied her super-rich parents to become a movie star, often portraying stylish wives or “the other woman,” has died at age 93.

Merrill, raised in part on the Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida now owned by President Donald Trump, died Monday, according to family spokeswoman Selena Albanese. Merrill died of heart failure at her home in East Hampton, Albanese told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Continued
https://apnews.com/ede9d1117da4461b9260a512b9d0a5ae

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:05 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

What a legend...

Quote:
Sir Roger Moore died at the age of 89 yesterday, and tributes have poured in for the kind and benevolent James Bond star from friends, family and fellow actors.

None sum up his gentleness and good humour quite as perfectly as this anecdote from Mark Haynes however, a scriptwriter from London who had a chance meeting with Moore at an airport when he was seven.

I don't want to spoil its twists so won't discuss what happened, but the absolutely charming story has already attracted 31,000 interactions and 9,000 shares on Facebook along with a ton of widely-shared screen grabs.

"As a seven-year-old in about 1983, in the days before First Class Lounges at airports, I was with my grandad in Nice Airport and saw Roger Moore sitting at the departure gate, reading a paper. I told my granddad I'd just seen James Bond and asked if we could go over so I could get his autograph. My grandad had no idea who James Bond or Roger Moore were, so we walked over and he popped me in front of Roger Moore, with the words "my grandson says you're famous. Can you sign this?"

As charming as you'd expect, Roger asks my name and duly signs the back of my plane ticket, a fulsome note full of best wishes. I'm ecstatic, but as we head back to our seats, I glance down at the signature. It's hard to decipher it but it definitely doesn't say 'James Bond'. My grandad looks at it, half figures out it says 'Roger Moore' - I have absolutely no idea who that is, and my hearts sinks. I tell my grandad he's signed it wrong, that he's put someone else's name - so my grandad heads back to Roger Moore, holding the ticket which he's only just signed.

I remember staying by our seats and my grandad saying "he says you've signed the wrong name. He says your name is James Bond." Roger Moore's face crinkled up with realisation and he beckoned me over. When I was by his knee, he leant over, looked from side to side, raised an eyebrow and in a hushed voice said to me, "I have to sign my name as 'Roger Moore' because otherwise...Blofeld might find out I was here." He asked me not to tell anyone that I'd just seen James Bond, and he thanked me for keeping his secret. I went back to our seats, my nerves absolutely jangling with delight. My grandad asked me if he'd signed 'James Bond.' No, I said. I'd got it wrong. I was working with James Bond now.

Many, many years later, I was working as a scriptwriter on a recording that involved UNICEF, and Roger Moore was doing a piece to camera as an ambassador. He was completely lovely and while the cameramen were setting up, I told him in passing the story of when I met him in Nice Airport. He was happy to hear it, and he had a chuckle and said "Well, I don't remember but I'm glad you got to meet James Bond." So that was lovely.

And then he did something so brilliant. After the filming, he walked past me in the corridor, heading out to his car - but as he got level, he paused, looked both ways, raised an eyebrow and in a hushed voice said, "Of course I remember our meeting in Nice. But I didn't say anything in there, because those cameramen - any one of them could be working for Blofeld."

I was as delighted at 30 as I had been at 7. What a man. What a tremendous man."

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 52636.html

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:25 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15759
Mac wrote:
What a legend...

Quote:
Sir Roger Moore died at the age of 89 yesterday, and tributes have poured in for the kind and benevolent James Bond star from friends, family and fellow actors.

None sum up his gentleness and good humour quite as perfectly as this anecdote from Mark Haynes however, a scriptwriter from London who had a chance meeting with Moore at an airport when he was seven.

I don't want to spoil its twists so won't discuss what happened, but the absolutely charming story has already attracted 31,000 interactions and 9,000 shares on Facebook along with a ton of widely-shared screen grabs.

"As a seven-year-old in about 1983, in the days before First Class Lounges at airports, I was with my grandad in Nice Airport and saw Roger Moore sitting at the departure gate, reading a paper. I told my granddad I'd just seen James Bond and asked if we could go over so I could get his autograph. My grandad had no idea who James Bond or Roger Moore were, so we walked over and he popped me in front of Roger Moore, with the words "my grandson says you're famous. Can you sign this?"

As charming as you'd expect, Roger asks my name and duly signs the back of my plane ticket, a fulsome note full of best wishes. I'm ecstatic, but as we head back to our seats, I glance down at the signature. It's hard to decipher it but it definitely doesn't say 'James Bond'. My grandad looks at it, half figures out it says 'Roger Moore' - I have absolutely no idea who that is, and my hearts sinks. I tell my grandad he's signed it wrong, that he's put someone else's name - so my grandad heads back to Roger Moore, holding the ticket which he's only just signed.

I remember staying by our seats and my grandad saying "he says you've signed the wrong name. He says your name is James Bond." Roger Moore's face crinkled up with realisation and he beckoned me over. When I was by his knee, he leant over, looked from side to side, raised an eyebrow and in a hushed voice said to me, "I have to sign my name as 'Roger Moore' because otherwise...Blofeld might find out I was here." He asked me not to tell anyone that I'd just seen James Bond, and he thanked me for keeping his secret. I went back to our seats, my nerves absolutely jangling with delight. My grandad asked me if he'd signed 'James Bond.' No, I said. I'd got it wrong. I was working with James Bond now.

Many, many years later, I was working as a scriptwriter on a recording that involved UNICEF, and Roger Moore was doing a piece to camera as an ambassador. He was completely lovely and while the cameramen were setting up, I told him in passing the story of when I met him in Nice Airport. He was happy to hear it, and he had a chuckle and said "Well, I don't remember but I'm glad you got to meet James Bond." So that was lovely.

And then he did something so brilliant. After the filming, he walked past me in the corridor, heading out to his car - but as he got level, he paused, looked both ways, raised an eyebrow and in a hushed voice said, "Of course I remember our meeting in Nice. But I didn't say anything in there, because those cameramen - any one of them could be working for Blofeld."

I was as delighted at 30 as I had been at 7. What a man. What a tremendous man."

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 52636.html

Now that is the sort of behaviour that you can approve of from movie stars.

RIP Roger Moore.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:49 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers dies aged 69...

Quote:
Rock trailblazer Gregg Allman, a founding member of The Allman Brothers, has died age 69.

Allman died at home in Savannah, Georgia, on Saturday, his official website announced.

The musician first found fame in the band he started with older brother Duane in the late 1960s.

In its heyday, the band was a staple on radio stations and released albums ranked among the best in rock history.

Allman, the band's lead singer and keyboardist, wrote several of their biggest hits, including Whipping Post, It's Not My Cross to Bear and Midnight Rider.

Among The Allman Brothers' best-known songs is Jessica, from 1973, which was used as the opening theme tune to Top Gear.

After news of his death was announced, singer Cher, to whom he was married in the 1970s, tweeted "words are impossible", before sharing a picture of the two together.

The band's first three albums made them stars, but then tragedy struck when Duane - whose talent as a guitarist was revered in the rock industry - died in a motorcycle accident aged 24 in 1971.

A little more than a year later, bassist Berry Oakley was also killed in a motorcycle accident.

Allman would go on to struggle with drug abuse, becoming a heroin addict in the 1970s.

He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1995, but said in his 2012 memoir My Cross to Bear he was too drunk to enjoy the ceremony.

After his death, singer Cher, who he was married to in the 1970s, tweeted "words are impossible", before sharing a picture of the two together.

Allman was diagnosed with hepatitis C in 1999 and underwent a liver transplant in 2010.

The father-of-five's cause of death was not immediately revealed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40074090

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next