It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Trolls will feel the wrath of Kam

Post subject: Re: Rogue One
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:40 pm 
PFC

Reputation points: 1268
I liked it better than TFA or the original series, which was miserable in comparison. Rogue One had all the action and good pacing that echoed the original two.

The dialogue was poor, the characters were stiff (the female lead was so flat, she never smiled during the whole film), or comic-bookish (the blind monk, cliche, cliche). Diego Luna was miscast as the female lead's male partner...a diff actor could have made that part more exciting. Looks like Disney followed the usual 'diversity' policy during casting.

The action is great, and some of the new characters are cool (Mads M. as the retired Imperial Engineer - interesting; Riz A. as the defecting Imperial pilot; Imperial guy in white who controlled the archipelago base). I also liked how dark it was. It was a battle in which lots of people knew they were not returning from.

Did anyone else notice the 'SPR' motif during the final assault scenes on the beach? Seriously, in a couple of cuts there are men talking to Riz Ahmed's character on the ship he landed. They are dressed in what appears to be WW2 American uniforms at DDay...except they are Arab-looking!! One of them near the back even has a full beard and looks totally mujahadeen!

The last 10 minutes were definitely the most epic part of the movie.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:10 am 
PFC

Reputation points: 1268
https://twitter.com/MultiCultsBane/stat ... 8431889408

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:53 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 15171
Overmann wrote:
I liked it better than TFA or the original series, which was miserable in comparison. Rogue One had all the action and good pacing that echoed the original two.

The dialogue was poor, the characters were stiff (the female lead was so flat, she never smiled during the whole film), or comic-bookish (the blind monk, cliche, cliche). Diego Luna was miscast as the female lead's male partner...a diff actor could have made that part more exciting. Looks like Disney followed the usual 'diversity' policy during casting.

The action is great, and some of the new characters are cool (Mads M. as the retired Imperial Engineer - interesting; Riz A. as the defecting Imperial pilot; Imperial guy in white who controlled the archipelago base). I also liked how dark it was. It was a battle in which lots of people knew they were not returning from.

Did anyone else notice the 'SPR' motif during the final assault scenes on the beach? Seriously, in a couple of cuts there are men talking to Riz Ahmed's character on the ship he landed. They are dressed in what appears to be WW2 American uniforms at DDay...except they are Arab-looking!! One of them near the back even has a full beard and looks totally mujahadeen!

The last 10 minutes were definitely the most epic part of the movie.

Funny, I agree with all of that :lol:

I used to contemplate on how I tended to like movies easier than most people I knew.

Finding that back in the day I didn't quite see the mistakes, now I see them plainly. I no longer like movies as easily either but sometimes as with this movie I was so immersed anyway that I could look past the glaring deficiencies.

But it's a worthwhile notion that it seems like Hollywood is slowly dying from the inside with their pampering of the endless demands from SJW crowd. It's like Soviet Union's movie productions where every movie had to be politically screened to fit with the narrative.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:43 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 14634
Kameolontti wrote:

But it's a worthwhile notion that it seems like Hollywood is slowly dying from the inside with their pampering of the endless demands from SJW crowd. It's like Soviet Union's movie productions where every movie had to be politically screened to fit with the narrative.

I was just thinking about this yesterday.

Also wondering when it will get to the point where we are smuggling un-PC-approved movies into our homes. Secretly watching them with a few trusted friends & family. Hidden from the prying eyes of Big Brother PC Secret Police.

Like this situation (and an enjoyable doc) ~~~>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 9407
Saw it and enjoyed.

Profile E-mail