maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Trolls will feel the wrath of Kam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
 Post subject: Re: Girls & Music
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:45 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13249
HancockTheSuperb wrote:

Thanks. I have always used Explorer. Any reason why as of fall last year this problem arises only on this site? Explorer version maybe?

I did figure out a temporary work around: I did a right click on video black box, tab "emulation", changed two fields to Windows 10, then saved. That enables the you tube videos to be accessed normally, no black out. However, if I leave the site and come back, I must right click and wait several seconds for the saved emulation to kick in, refresh the page and everything is "normal" again...until the next time I access Doggie site.

Note: I do not have, never have had, this same issue with any other web site. Would still like to figure a more permanent solution.

Explorer is no longer supported so any version of it will be "outdated." That can have impacts on functionality through various mechanisms; suffice to say, it is always good to avoid using outdated browser apps (unless you are a developer and using an older version for testing).

"Microsoft Edge" (the rebranding of Internet Explorer) IS supported but I don't know anything about it.

I would imagine that MS has attempted to detect IE users and to prompt them to update to Edge, but there mechanisms are certainly not going to be perfect for contacting every single IE user. I'm guessing you are using IE, and the fact it is now deprecated is somehow contributing to the problems you are having. If you were to update to Edge that might well fix your problems.

My suggestion is to download Chrome and fire it up. See if it works. That might take 15 minutes tops. If it works, then you know you have a real option to "fix" and then it is just a matter of whether you want to tackle the hassle of switching from one browser to another. It is not that hard to migrate all of ones bookmarks/favorites from one browser to another, though it can be a bit time consuming even if one is a power user; a few hours maybe depending on how much stuff to migrate and how many special settings one employs. Accommodating to a new interface can be annoying, but generally one can do 99% of what one did before.

If you give it a whirl and need some help sorting stuff out we are here!

I used IE for a LONG time and was resistant to switch. But probably 8 years ago, I started finding it behaved oddly in certain circumstances so I installed Firefox and started using it. At that time I was just a "user" not much of a tech oriented guy at all, and I found switching between apps annoying. I found Firefox to be reasonably welcoming though and before long I was happy I switched to Firefox. I then used Firefox for many years, and also experimented with their 64-bit version "Nightly."

Then somewhere along the line 3 or so years ago, strange issues with Firefox prompted me to give Chrome a try. I disliked Chrome at the outset but adapted and now find it perfectly fine.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:08 pm 
Corporal

Location: Gettysburg, PA...9PM July 1, 1863..saving the Union army
Reputation points: 3823
Anthropoid wrote:

If you give it a whirl and need some help sorting stuff out we are here!

Thanks, Anthro et al. Downloaded Google Chrome and everything good once more. I had a google account set up previously so this is a logical extension.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:54 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 11098
Good that you have it sorted.

My opinion is that there is no best browser...you need several to cover all scenarios.

I use Brave, Firefox, Chrome, but that could change. Between the three I am pretty sure I can see and do what I need. On deck would be IExplorer and the other one.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:02 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:07 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:22 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:42 pm 
Staff Sergeant

nope

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:15 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8141
Refreshing to see someone playing all the instruments these days. She's still a kid. I'm not sure if I already put her "Girl from Ipanema" cover in this thread.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:06 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 16770

Just in case this hasn't already been posted. Skip 3 mins in la chica could sing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:11 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 16770
Barbara Strisand

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next