maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Trolls will feel the wrath of Kam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Americans (TV 2013 -)
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:57 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 16468
I'm getting better. After wondering who the hell "George" was, I finally figured out it must be the code name for the sekrit switchboard.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:33 pm 

They're still talking about the missing "George". So nobody has discovered the dead body in the basement of that family's house?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:34 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 2562
doggie wrote:
They're still talking about the missing "George". So nobody has discovered the dead body in the basement of that family's house?

It's another house. George lives there alone. I suppose someone will find him when he starts stinking up the neighborhood. Maybe the seal took measures to conceal the body for the time being like wrapping him up in plastic. Would make sense from his point of view, he's a traitor trying to wipe out proof of his treason. The last thing he needs is law enforcement involvement.

I know, but big girls need love too.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:59 pm 
Honorary Texan

Reputation points: 8023
reinald wrote:
doggie wrote:

It's another house. George lives there alone. I suppose someone will find him when he starts stinking up the neighborhood. Maybe the seal took measures to conceal the body for the time being like wrapping him up in plastic. Would make sense from his point of view, he's a traitor trying to wipe out proof of his treason. The last thing he needs is law enforcement involvement.

Was the gay SEAL guy a traitor because he was being blackmailed?

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:50 pm 
Sergeant

Yea, I suppose. The show is really complicated, you guys are right, they should lay things out better and focus on a storyline. I like it but I don't see any big coherent story arch. It's almost episodic. And we already know they won't successfully steal stealth tech, so ...

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:57 am 

Fargo is just as complex, but easier to follow. There are few WTF? moments.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:45 am 
Sergeant

doggie wrote:
Fargo is just as complex, but easier to follow. There are few WTF? moments.

I watch that as well, but the queer Cohen humor is preventing me from really liking it and taking it seriously. I also think the hobbit ain't that great an actor.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:38 am 
Sergeant

The Americans started a new season (#3) with a bang last evening. I don't think they ever had so much sex&violence in just one episode. Among other things Liz kicks Johnboy's ass.

Paige now has great 80-ies glamor hair. :lol: And they're showing Phil's fat fake FBI wife a wee bit often with her stubnose .38. Suppose that's a plant and something's gonna happen involving that gun down the road.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:12 pm 

It's a conspiracy to keep me confused. Phillip is at some sex therapy class. Why? They're all vampires because it's always dark. The sun never shines and they never turn on the lights. Throw in the disguises and you never know who you're watching. Phillip is in some guy's apartment. He strangles him. why? Who the hell is this guy?

I got a DVR and I rewind it, trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Not a clue. It's got something o do with Martha, who may or may not know Phillip is a Russian spy. Paige is spilling her guts to the Preacher guy. She's really stupid. Is Phillip going to nail the teeny bopper? He let the raghead strangle Annalis. Is he going to kill Martha? Tune in next year.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:17 am 
Sergeant

Phillip is in the class because he has problems with Liz and his life in general.

They guy is the FBI IT guy. Phil strangles him, stages a suicide and hides incriminating tech in the apartment to make the FBI quit looking for the mole and to thereby take pressure off Martha.

Phil didn't let the Pakistani kill Annelies, he tried to stop him but was too late.

I got no clue how the Paige situation is going to turn out but he's certainly not going to kill her. They need us to sympathize with the lead characters, killing their own child would prevent that.

What I didn't like is that they planted Reagan's rhetoric being responsible for the Soviet spies continuing their assassination rampage and overcoming their moral dilemma. I mean, how many dozens of ppl have they already killed, had a hand in killing/caused to be killed or ruined their lifes? Still they are portrayed as normal persons caring for loved ones etc. ... which normal person could take all that and not hang himself or turn himself in?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next