maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Trolls will feel the wrath of Kam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead (TV 2010- and comic book series)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:59 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 9532
Here's your chance to have an 'Interview with a Zombie'

Saw a bit of this on Thai TV, the guy is rational (almost).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:11 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 9532
Saw in Thai

Movie in Spanish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJy-RZEl6co

Quote:
Extinction (2015) Movie Review
Simon Rother August 3, 2015
AddThis Sharing Buttons2612
Extinction PosterThe end of the world is nothing we want to be witnesses of. Having to live next door to someone you despise during this apocalypse must make it all the more difficult. The post-apocalyptic “Extinction” made its world premiere at Montreal’s Fantasia International Film Festival.
Nine years have passed since a virus has turned practically everyone into crazed, rabid creatures. The world has been overtaken by freezing temperatures and it has been years since the ferocious cannibals have been seen, having seemingly frozen and died from the harsh weather. Jack (Jeffrey Donovan; TV’s “Burn Notice”; “Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2”) has barricaded himself into a well-secured house with his daughter, Lu (Quinn McColgan; “Non-Stop”). Across from them lives Patrick (Matthew Fox; TV’s “Lost”; “World War Z”).
(Continued)
http://www.horror-movies.ca/2015/08/ext ... ie-review/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:37 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 14267
So tonight we see who dies.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:50 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 2562
After they had already spent a third of the season premiere purely on voyeurism over last season's clubbing I switched off and am outtie for good. I can just marvel at its global success. Everything post S01 is awfully written. S01 would have made a marvellous miniseries.

Maybe a lot of pppl watch a lot of TV and just what's on. I do for several reasons, but I have my limits and standards.

I know, but big girls need love too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:08 pm 
PFC

Reputation points: 1268
(minor spoilers below)

I have never understood this show's appeal, if only to fans of the zombie genre.

S01 was awesome. Original characters, interesting plot, gory and suspenseful.
S02 had long, drawn-out, boring scenes intermingled with dialogues on faith and survival.
S03 got back to it. The 'Governor' was my favorite villain, acted well and added to the story.
However, S4, S5, and S6 were boring and derivative. There was nothing new. The writers were desperately trying to salvage a love story and romance in the middle of protracted sadism, gore, and unnecessary suffering.

S07 starts of with Negan, who is the epitome of bad guys. Just when you though nothing could top 'the Governor' or that whacked guy who ran 'Terminus', we now have a man so superficially depraved and unbelievable sociopathic that the series has indeed become a comic book. It's no longer a cable series.

It left me behind in S3. Nothing new, just kill zombie, run and hide, kill zombie, run and find new place to live, kill zombie, run and hide...all the while facing human beings that are even more dangerous than the dead themselves.

The overarching symbolizing is what bothers me the most. When I first saw it, I thought of it as a radical Evangelic xtian take on the horror genre: The End Times had occurred, and the zombies represented the soulless minions of chaos or evil walking the earth. The good guys (Rick and his friends) were the humanity's last hope and we cheer for them because they symbolize the 'good people' that are lost and in need of redemption (or 'saving'). Yet as we see later, there are numerous locations they stumble upon that are nice at first, only to be exposed as unsafe or dangerous in some fashion.

But the Xtian theme is not the case, as the writer's make it clear that the whole series is less about spirituality and more about the collosal mindfuck involving Rick and his family. He is tested, morally, physically, spiritually, and existentially so many times I lost count, nor do I care anymore. By S7 he and his group seems to be 'The Walking Dead'...a cruel joke and an appropriate title for most of the humans left, as they nothing but hollow shells of the men and women they once were.

I don't like comic books and I have a hard time with movies and shows based on them. Too much fantastical BS for me to handle. Like Michonne. PLEASE kill her off! Her and that stupid sword (that Negan fails to take away?) just scream 'comic book hero' at the viewer. Her character is so shallow and boring. She needs to go. After seeing many characters that were Worthy and likeable get needlessly killed off, I can't help but wonder why she has been allowed to live so long. Ugh.

All in all, the writers have shown their deep disdain for humanity. Just when the group survives another zombie horde, there is another human despot that is even worse (implying that man is the worst enemy of man, not the dead or the conditions that brought it about). The show has become so gory and desensitized to brutal killing that its ridiculous and isn't cool anymore.

Now there is talk of extending the series until S12 (!!!). Ugh, this show jumped the shark after S3. Unless Satan himself lands on Earth and starts eating dozens of humans at a time, I don't think the writers can come up with something to keep viewers like me around. The writers need to start addressing WHY the apocalypse took place, or back to searching for a cure...because the series' trajectory is on a downward spiral.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:16 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 12839
I think they blew the budget for this season on the cgi tiger.

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:46 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 7610
I'm still trying to figure out how after this many years of no dentists Negan has such goddammed perfect white teeth! None of them have any broken teeth or a tartar buildup. Spend all that money on make up so you telling me you can't throw in a missing tooth or some yellowish teeth?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:59 pm 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:18 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 2562
I think that it is significant that in current horror shows not the horror but other ppl are the biggest threat.

I know, but big girls need love too.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:55 pm 

It's back. Starting tonight.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next