A Change in Mind about A Change in Climate

A den of assassins, where anarchists conspire to rule the world and other enlightened stuff

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

Forum rules
It's the Gulag of Fun
Message
Author
EUBanana
Sergeant Major
Posts: 12346
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am

Re: A Change in Mind about A Change in Climate

#31 Post by EUBanana » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:05 pm

.
Last edited by EUBanana on Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti

EUBanana
Sergeant Major
Posts: 12346
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am

Re: A Change in Mind about A Change in Climate

#32 Post by EUBanana » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:07 pm

I support geoengineering because if there's a problem, that's the cheapest solution. Pretty simple.

Putting up taxes and generally lowering standards of living is not an acceptable solution. Especially when it won't solve the problem. It ain't gonna stop the Japanese now is it. It's just pointless, completely pointless. Expensive, wont fix the problem, makes people materially worse off. No thanks. The real question is is why do you support it? It manifestly won' work. Explain to me how you think Japan, China, Nigeria, all these places who don't give a flying fuck about Greta Thunberg, Finland, or what middle class westerners think, will do your bidding. And explain to me how, if they do not, how the west doing it will help.
(i.e., prices warranted by supply costs, environmental costs, and revenue considerations)
So, actually not prices then. Typical, redefine language and you can win any argument. A pile of utter shit.

Meawhile all the green movements seem to be ill-disguised communists, Extinction Rebellion over here certainly are. Their founder even admitted it.
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti

nero
Sergeant Major
Posts: 20887
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: A Change in Mind about A Change in Climate

#33 Post by nero » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:11 pm

EUBanana wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:07 pm
I support geoengineering because if there's a problem, that's the cheapest solution. Pretty simple.

Putting up taxes and generally lowering standards of living is not an acceptable solution. Especially when it won't solve the problem. It ain't gonna stop the Japanese now is it. It's just pointless, completely pointless. Expensive, wont fix the problem, makes people materially worse off. No thanks.
(i.e., prices warranted by supply costs, environmental costs, and revenue considerations)
So, actually not prices then. Typical, redefine language and you can win any argument. A pile of utter shit.

Meawhile all the green movements seem to be ill-disguised communists, Extinction Rebellion over here certainly are. Their founder even admitted it.
And hence you are OK with the fossil fuel subsidies? :shock:

Do you have some comprehension problems or does the fossil fuel industry pay you so well. :roll:
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

EUBanana
Sergeant Major
Posts: 12346
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am

Re: A Change in Mind about A Change in Climate

#34 Post by EUBanana » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:15 pm

nero wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:11 pm
And hence you are OK with the fossil fuel subsidies? :shock:
As I just pointed out there aren't any except in some demented minds who redefine the word 'price' to suit their whims.
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti

nero
Sergeant Major
Posts: 20887
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: A Change in Mind about A Change in Climate

#35 Post by nero » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:29 pm

EUBanana wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:15 pm
nero wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:11 pm
And hence you are OK with the fossil fuel subsidies? :shock:
As I just pointed out there aren't any except in some demented minds who redefine the word 'price' to suit their whims.
That is so in your ignorance based weltumschau. So you disagree with a bunch of IMF economists. Based on what? :roll:

But then you also believe in unicorns and brexit dividends. :lol:
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

EUBanana
Sergeant Major
Posts: 12346
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am

Re: A Change in Mind about A Change in Climate

#36 Post by EUBanana » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:34 pm

nero wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:29 pm
That is so in your ignorance based weltumschau. So you disagree with a bunch of IMF economists. Based on what? :roll:
Because I know what a subsidy is and that isn't it. I know what the thrust of the argument is, the cost 'when externalities are taken into account'. But thats bullshit. That's not a subsidy even if you accept its not bullshit. Saudi Arabian oil wealth wouldn't exist if that was really true, and it certainly does.

As for the IMF, well, they do have a history of getitng it utterly wrong and jumping on various political bandwagons. They, and indeed the entire economic profession, do not have a past filled with glory.,
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti

nero
Sergeant Major
Posts: 20887
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: A Change in Mind about A Change in Climate

#37 Post by nero » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:47 pm

EUBanana wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:34 pm
nero wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:29 pm
That is so in your ignorance based weltumschau. So you disagree with a bunch of IMF economists. Based on what? :roll:
Because I know what a subsidy is and that isn't it. I know what the thrust of the argument is, the cost 'when externalities are taken into account'. But thats bullshit. That's not a subsidy even if you accept its not bullshit. Saudi Arabian oil wealth wouldn't exist if that was really true, and it certainly does.

As for the IMF, well, they do have a history of getitng it utterly wrong and jumping on various political bandwagons. They, and indeed the entire economic profession, do not have a past filled with glory.,
Now you go to your national populist lala-land where reason and logic are just wrong opinions. :lol:

PS. You did not tell what you think about the man made global warming; fact or fiction? ;)
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

EUBanana
Sergeant Major
Posts: 12346
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am

Re: A Change in Mind about A Change in Climate

#38 Post by EUBanana » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:28 pm

nero wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:47 pm
Now you go to your national populist lala-land where reason and logic are just wrong opinions. :lol:
More like the one in which English words actually mean their dictionary meaning.
PS. You did not tell what you think about the man made global warming; fact or fiction? ;)
Piss off. You literally never debate in good faith. Never ever. And not in this little discussion either. You can actually answer my questions for once, or talk to the hand.
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Posts: 16742
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

Re: A Change in Mind about A Change in Climate

#39 Post by Anthropoid » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:41 pm

EUBanana wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:28 pm
nero wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:47 pm
Now you go to your national populist lala-land where reason and logic are just wrong opinions. :lol:
More like the one in which English words actually mean their dictionary meaning.
PS. You did not tell what you think about the man made global warming; fact or fiction? ;)
Piss off. You literally never debate in good faith. Never ever. And not in this little discussion either. You can actually answer my questions for once, or talk to the hand.
:D

nero
Sergeant Major
Posts: 20887
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: A Change in Mind about A Change in Climate

#40 Post by nero » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:46 pm

EUBanana wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:28 pm
nero wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:47 pm
Now you go to your national populist lala-land where reason and logic are just wrong opinions. :lol:
More like the one in which English words actually mean their dictionary meaning.
PS. You did not tell what you think about the man made global warming; fact or fiction? ;)
Piss off. You literally never debate in good faith. Never ever. And not in this little discussion either. You can actually answer my questions for once, or talk to the hand.
Oh dear. lordy. I just asked a question, about your position is the global warming happening and is it man made?

Then I am not in faith, I am an atheist. ;)

But how I see this our discussion is that you support geoengineering because it is perhaps cheaper than to reduce the CO2 emissions and then you don't tell your position about man made global warming. And additionally you refuse to tell how much the carbon industry pays for your action what you do. :lol:

Sorry about that.
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Post Reply