maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

It's the Gulag of Fun

Post subject: Why Do Reds Get All the Glory?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:44 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
Ha haa. You expected kind of commie glorification. :lol:

Joanie Faletto wrote:

Why Do Reds Get All the Glory? White Wine Has Health Benefits, Too

Warning: This article will make you want a glass of wine. But the best part is there's little reason to feel too guilty about that. (As long as you're of legal drinking age; don't get us in trouble here.) While red wine has long been the favored varietal in terms of heart health, studies show we shouldn't be counting white wine out entirely. Cheers to that!

A Cabernet A Day Keeps The Doctor Away

Maybe you've heard of the French paradox: Why do heart attack rates appear lower than expected in France when the French eat so much saturated fat and cholesterol? This has been partially attributed to the fact that Frenchies love red wine.

While we know that the moderate consumption of alcohol (we said moderate, frat boys) has its health benefits, a 1993 study suggests the non-alcohol stuff in red wine is hard at work, too. Moderate red wine consumption has also been shown to help prevent heart attacks, increase the amount of HDL "good" cholesterol, and decrease the chances of blood clotting. The stuff also has anti-inflammatory properties, and flavonoids — the antioxidant found in red wine — can help protect against cancer.

Long Live The Lungs

Good news, pinot grigio lovers. While red wine typically gets all the glory, studies show we shouldn't be so scrupulous with which bottle we're pouring into our glasses. White wine has been shown to provide significant health benefits too. Nice!

In a 2015 study, researchers found that white wine can provide heart- and metabolism-related improvements (so can red wine, by the way). White wine can also help improve cholesterol levels just as much as red wine can, according to a 2014 study.

But here is where, finally, white wine has the edge over red wine. Research from the University of Buffalo conducted in 2002 suggests that drinking white wine ― more so than red ― can help keep your lungs healthy. "This finding may indicate that nutrients in wine are responsible for the positive effect of alcoholic beverages on lung function," said Holger Schunemann, a University of Buffalo professor and study author. "Red wine in moderation has been shown to be beneficial for the heart, but in this case, the relationship was stronger for white wine."

But wait, there's more! According to a 1999 study from the University of Barcelona, white wines may have a higher antioxidant capacity than red wines. Rub that in those Merlot lovers' faces, sauvignon blancsters.

At this point, we must remind you to always drink in moderation. And although white wine takes the win from red wine in terms of keeping lungs healthy, whites typically have more sugar than reds. Jury's out on the effects of meteorite wine, though.

The best wine for cooking is the wine you drink. Very often for me it is Pinot Grigio. But with steak I have red though.

In Hungary they say jor bor, jor egerzek, your wine, your life.

In Vino Veritas.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Why Do Reds Get All the Glory?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:06 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 13228
No Sugar Coke, I prefer the present year, it was a wet winter in Georgia.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:36 pm 
Sergeant Major

abradley wrote:
No Sugar Coke, I prefer the present year, it was a wet winter in Georgia.

Funny that some twenty years my American colleagues commented that Coca Cola tasted better in Finland.

Real sugar. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:37 pm 
buck private

Being I am a Connoisseur of fine dining I suggest:
Quote:
BURGER ME Fry-up served inside a loaf of BREAD brings whole new meaning to bacon sarnie

The huge breakfast contains four sausages, four rashers of bacon, four eggs, four hash browns and beans or tomato sauce for £10.
By Patrick Knox
6th October 2018, 6:08 pm
Updated: 6th October 2018, 6:21 pm
(Continued)
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7433904/f ... oad-bread/
with a Coke.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:45 am 
Sergeant Major

abradley wrote:
Being I am a Connoisseur of fine dining I suggest:
Quote:
BURGER ME Fry-up served inside a loaf of BREAD brings whole new meaning to bacon sarnie

The huge breakfast contains four sausages, four rashers of bacon, four eggs, four hash browns and beans or tomato sauce for £10.
By Patrick Knox
6th October 2018, 6:08 pm
Updated: 6th October 2018, 6:21 pm
(Continued)
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7433904/f ... oad-bread/
with a Coke.

Oh boy, you are such a barbarian. Coke and beastly food.

And no, it is not bomb Iran.

But then about sausages and bacon, I make it even better with haggis. The difference between English and Scottish breakfast is haggis.

The place I lost my haggis virginity:

:mrgreen:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:11 am 
buck private

Quote:
How God used a glass of wine to turn my life around
Christen Limbaugh Bloom
By Christen Limbaugh Bloom | Fox News

It was the first day of my second internship in New York City. My friend Anna and I decided to grab a happy hour drink at the St. Regis Hotel after work to celebrate our second summer in the big city.

We were both from the Midwest and neither of us had ever been to the St. Regis, but we had heard it was the height of class and elegance – a place where those “sophisticated New York girls” we’d seen in movies would DEFINITELY hang out.

Rain poured down as we walked ten blocks in Midtown Manhattan, but we weren’t going to be stopped; we were determined to have a glass of wine at the King Cole Bar. When we arrived it was everything we’d imagined – the quintessential high-class New York cocktail lounge.

A waiter immediately seated us and asked if we’d like a drink menu. All too eager to look like we had been there before, we said, “Oh no no NOT necessary – we’ll each just have a glass of the Malbec.”

The waiter came back with our two glasses and a cocktail menu “just in case we wanted to try something else.” I sat back and sipped my wine, taking everything in when I heard Anna almost yell, “Oh. My. Gosh!”

While perusing the drink menu she had discovered that a single glass of Malbec was $32.00. “You’re kidding,” I said as I snatched the menu to see for myself. And there it was staring back at me. “No wonder we’re the only 22 year-old girls at this bar!” she said. We both started laughing hysterically. It dawned on us that this glass of wine would also count as our dinner and probably breakfast the next day. Who were we kidding? We were trying to be something we weren’t and New York laughed right back in our faces.

As we made fun of ourselves together, laughing our heads off in the middle of this mess we’d put ourselves in, I revealed to Anna that this blunder was just another example of my life at that time being a mess. I had been feeling a deep sense of emptiness; I knew something was off – but had no idea how to fix it.

(Continued)
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/how-god ... ebar_video
Since I messed up Nero's thread am trying to give it a second life. :lol:
Quote:
Learn About WineAugust 19, 2013
What is Malbec Wine? Plus 4 Amazing Facts

What is Malbec Wine?
Malbec is a full-bodied red wine that grows mostly in Argentina.

Known for its plump, dark fruit flavors and smoky finish, Malbec wine offers a great alternative to higher priced Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah. However, there’s more to Malbec than just value. Learn the secrets of Malbec wine, some great Malbec food pairing tips, and 4 amazing facts that will change the way you think about this ‘lowly’ wine grape.

(Continued)
https://winefolly.com/review/what-is-malbec-wine/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:53 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 12088
Malbec is the inkiest of wines. Pairs well with anything that has ink in it.

Pinot is a trans grape. It identifies as Grigio or Noir.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

11Bravo wrote:
Malbec is the inkiest of wines. Pairs well with anything that has ink in it.

Pinot is a trans grape. It identifies as Grigio or Noir.

Pino Noir, Pino Gris, both are good.

As for Malbec I have not created any fondness. But perhaps it is because what is available here is not so good. Perhaps.

In vino veritas.

PS. When cooking bacon makes everything better. But have you ever tried guanciale or pancetta?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:05 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16211
Hangovers are worse with whites.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:17 am 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
Hangovers are worse with whites.

Perhaps this is a personal thing, but I have found it to be just on the contrary.

https://www.google.fi/search?q=worse+ha ... e&ie=UTF-8

:lol:

Profile E-mail