Something for Laplace

A den of assassins, where anarchists conspire to rule the world and other enlightened stuff

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

Forum rules
It's the Gulag of Fun
nero
Sergeant Major

Something for Laplace

#1 Post by nero » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:29 pm

Where does the populism come from?

I have noticed that you have been disappointed to left recently. And so I am I. And populism, right-wing nationalism is on the rise. IMHO this is not good, as history shows.

Then I am certain going nationalistic can not solve international problems that are facing all nations.

Watch the video and comment. ;)
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

LaPalice
Staff Sergeant

Re: Something for Laplace

#2 Post by LaPalice » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:54 am

I did not watch the video entirely, I have difficulties to understand what the guy says, but maybe you could make a summary?

About the national debt, I think that it is a mistake to have a completely independent central bank, as the ECB is. Because of that, no country in the EU can have a monetary policy, and then we lost a big part of our autonomy of decision, a decision taken by a body that is not elected by the population.

About populism, I don't know what the video says about it, but it is a hackneyed word now, as the globalists use it each time someone differs with them.

But again, I did not watch the video entirely, so a summary would be a good idea.

nero
Sergeant Major

#3 Post by nero » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:21 am

LaPalice wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:54 am
I did not watch the video entirely, I have difficulties to understand what the guy says, but maybe you could make a summary?

About the national debt, I think that it is a mistake to have a completely independent central bank, as the ECB is. Because of that, no country in the EU can have a monetary policy, and then we lost a big part of our autonomy of decision, a decision taken by a body that is not elected by the population.

About populism, I don't know what the video says about it, but it is a hackneyed word now, as the globalists use it each time someone differs with them.

But again, I did not watch the video entirely, so a summary would be a good idea.
Here's another take without the Dutch guy and in a different format. Take it as a summary. ;)

I cannot help if you cannot cope with Scottish accent. Though in Glasgow after three pints I could kind understand the lingo, and some Jocks claimed that after twelve pints I spoke perfect Glaswegian. Unfortunately I can remember that. :(
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

nero
Sergeant Major

#4 Post by nero » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:51 am

Hey Pal, the video is not summary at all, but very much worth watching. Very entertaining and informative performance. ;)