maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

It's the Gulag of Fun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Fat Bois
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:53 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18312
Right at 11 months of body recomposition / physical training. On the plus side, I am DEFINITELY way more fit. Still lagging behind in pull ups and dips. But the physio and refocus on to mobility training (CARs, nerve glides, PAILS & RAILS, etc.) has definitely helped. The right shoulder complex, which was (in hindsight) VERY fucked up, is now only slightly fucked up. Still something not right with the coracoid process (Physio palpated it last visit and yes that is where the discomfort/soreness is). My guess is: when I dislocated it back in 2002 (or whenever it was, I cannot actually recall, but that was the ballpark), it never really healed properly. When I started doing callisthenics and climbing this spring, I must have re-injured some of the stuff that attaches to the coracoid process. Cutting back on dips and pushups, adjusting my form, and doing all the physio stuff is definitely helping though. So I'm hoping I'll feel 95% within the next month.
Probably not going to make my goal of 178lbs at the one year mark; mass has been hovering in the 195lbs ballpark for like 6 months. But I wanted to get the joints well healed and hold off on the caloric restriction until that is done.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Fat Bois
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:41 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18312
What a healthy 80 year old man looks like

Probably pretty easy to dismiss like: ah well, too late for me. That guy probably had a head start from being really fit since he was 35. Of course, we are all different and certain health issues are obviously going to prevent being able to be that fit.
But I suspect for most of us, and based on my own experiences, that type of fitness is attainable in the last half of life.
At 38 I was SUPER fit (the year I joined the tenure-track lemmings). Within 5 years I had turned into a neurotic, fat, stressed, pile of human shit. That persisted for another 8 years, but not any more.
Like I told my physio: I'm either going to achieve my fitness goals (e.g., being able to do some power moves on gymnastics rings and being able to send 5.10s and constructively project 5.11s) or I'm going to die trying!

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6