maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum rules


It's the Gulag of Fun



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: How Badly Has the Bible Been Corrupted?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:27 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 16845
Reputation points: 562




Evolution and time.

Like those peaceful Mayas. :roll:

Image

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Badly Has the Bible Been Corrupted?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:28 am 
Offline
buck private
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:01 am
Posts: 16571
Reputation points: 13228

_________________
Sent from my Acer Linux Mint 19.1 https://linuxmint.com/


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Badly Has the Bible Been Corrupted?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:27 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 16845
Reputation points: 562
The early books in Torah, Old Testament are already corrupted copies of old Sumerian stories. Creation, flood. and such. :roll:

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Badly Has the Bible Been Corrupted?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:13 pm 
Offline
buck private
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:01 am
Posts: 16571
Reputation points: 13228


Some basics of verifying old old document.

_________________
Sent from my Acer Linux Mint 19.1 https://linuxmint.com/


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Badly Has the Bible Been Corrupted?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:54 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 16845
Reputation points: 562
abradley wrote:


Some basics of verifying old old document.

Well, there are a lot of differences between the "original" Sumerian creation stories and the Jewish creation stories. But it is understandable, a polytheistic view comes to monotheistic view. The same with the flood story. But the same stories.

But what is the original, less corrupted story?

Go, figure. :roll:

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Badly Has the Bible Been Corrupted?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:11 am 
Offline
buck private
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:01 am
Posts: 16571
Reputation points: 13228
nero wrote:
Well, there are a lot of differences between the "original" Sumerian creation stories and the Jewish creation stories. But it is understandable, a polytheistic view comes to monotheistic view. The same with the flood story. But the same stories.

But what is the original, less corrupted story?

Go, figure. :roll:
Are the Sumerian creation stories part of the bible?

_________________
Sent from my Acer Linux Mint 19.1 https://linuxmint.com/


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Badly Has the Bible Been Corrupted?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:39 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 16845
Reputation points: 562
abradley wrote:
nero wrote:
Well, there are a lot of differences between the "original" Sumerian creation stories and the Jewish creation stories. But it is understandable, a polytheistic view comes to monotheistic view. The same with the flood story. But the same stories.

But what is the original, less corrupted story?

Go, figure. :roll:
Are the Sumerian creation stories part of the bible?

No, too many gods there.

But in the version of jewish stories the g-d had a w-f-. ;)

But the thing is that jewish stories about eden, flood and many more are written down in cuneiform thousands of years earlier than jews appeared.

And where was Arbraham coming from? Ur. ;)

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Badly Has the Bible Been Corrupted?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:13 pm 
Offline
buck private
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:01 am
Posts: 16571
Reputation points: 13228
nero wrote:
No, too many gods there.

But in the version of jewish stories the g-d had a w-f-. ;)

But the thing is that jewish stories about eden, flood and many more are written down in cuneiform thousands of years earlier than jews appeared.

And where was Arbraham coming from? Ur. ;)
Look it up.

_________________
Sent from my Acer Linux Mint 19.1 https://linuxmint.com/


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Badly Has the Bible Been Corrupted?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:09 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 16845
Reputation points: 562
But then the Bible is indeed quite corrupted. Some anecdotal evidence:



How can contradictory things be true in the same time?

By miracle. :lol:

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group