All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

It's the Gulag of Fun

Post subject: Re: AI and Ethics: Overcoming the Risks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:24 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 9875
nero wrote:
There is a program indeed, just like a new born child is programmed to learn. ;)
Good, we're getting someplace.

Was that program designed by humans and without that program what would the computer do?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:58 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2181
abradley wrote:
nero wrote:
There is a program indeed, just like a new born child is programmed to learn. ;)
Good, we're getting someplace.

Was that program designed by humans and without that program what would the computer do?

OK, this is useless. You use the ignorance defense.

I is kind of pity. A self learning computer can learn chess to the degree that defies human, and human programmed analysis.

I find that pretty cool.

But the problem is, humans can not understand them. And eventually there may be a cogito ergo sum moment, AI with self awareness. This is what Hawking and Musk are worried about.

Most likely way the accident happens when battle field robots are given enhanced survivability using machine learning. And those critters learn too much. Then they are all connecting to share every thing learned.

And then it is so long humanity. :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:49 pm 
buck private

nero wrote:
{Snip}
Most likely way the accident happens when battle field robots are given enhanced survivability using machine learning. And those critters learn too much. Then they are all connecting to share every thing learned.

If robots get uppity pull the plug. ;)
https://www.shutterstock.com/image-illu ... aIe9w-2-61

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:57 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2181
abradley wrote:
nero wrote:
{Snip}

If robots get uppity pull the plug. ;)
https://www.shutterstock.com/image-illu ... aIe9w-2-61

And you think that the pesky AI would make such a blunder. I was expressing my concerns about the military AI given self-awareness for battlefield survivability. When going rogue, the ensure power would be the first thing to ensure.

I think that with AI we humans must be careful. No human, or human made program can not analyze AlphaZero chess game.

I really hope that we do not open the Pandora's box. :shock:

So it goes.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:10 pm 
buck private

nero wrote:
And you think that the pesky AI would make such a blunder. I was expressing my concerns about the military AI given self-awareness for battlefield survivability. When going rogue, the ensure power would be the first thing to ensure.

I think that with AI we humans must be careful. No human, or human made program can not analyze AlphaZero chess game.

I really hope that we do not open the Pandora's box. :shock:

So it goes.
Agree, but the pandora's box will be opened, we've have to be ready with counter measures.

Addon

Quote:
Black Mirror creator explains that 'Metalhead' robot nightmareNetflixJames Hibberd December 29, 2017 AT 09:30 AM ESTNote: This story discusses story elements of the Black Mirror episode “Metalhead.”We’ve all seen movies and TV shows about killer robots. But until Netflix’s new season of its future-shock anthology drama Black Mirror, never before have we seen a terrifying vision of machines run amuck that so closely resembles the design of actual real-life robots — namely, those Boston Dynamics “dogs” that have impressed the world with their remarkable balance, speed, and dexterity … yet also unavoidably make you wonder: What if one was chasing me?Such viral videos were the inspiration for “Metalhead,” a gripping Black Mirror episode which began streaming Friday. Below, series creator Charlie Brooker answers a few of our burning questions.The set-up: It’s a post-apocalyptic future where robot dogs are hunting human survivors, including our protagonist (Maxine Peake), who faces an unrelenting and surprisingly capable pursuer across a barren landscape. The robot is full of lethal tricks, ranging from operating a car to re-charging from the sun. Yet perhaps the eeriest moment is when the overturned robot simply pushes itself back upright to regain its footing — as that’s something we’ve actually seen robots do in Boston Dynamics online videos. It’s perhaps the most chilling vision yet of the well-worn killer robot trope since the robot’s mechanics overlay so closely with real footage we’ve seen. Adding to the tale’s mood and originality, the episode was shot entirely in black and white by director David Slade (American Gods, Hard Candy), with a soundtrack lifting orchestral cues from The Shining.

Here’s the episode’s trailer, which doesn’t give much away:

(Continued)
http://ew.com/tv/2017/12/29/black-mirro ... interview/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:52 am 
buck private

Profile E-mail