It's the Gulag of Fun

Post subject: Dan Brown Can’t Cite Me to Disprove God
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:35 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 12978
Quote:

Author Dan Brown Gets Smacked Down by Physicist He Referenced in Novel

By John Ellis October 16, 2017

The best-selling author of the purely fictional books The Da Vinci Code and Inferno is not known for letting facts get in the way of his stories. The problem isn't so much Dan Brown, though. It's the legions of readers who believe that the drivel he spills onto the paper is true. There are reasons why I used the qualifier "purely fictional": many people believe that the history and theology in Dan Brown's books is correct. It's not.

Hopefully, the smackdown that physicist Jeremy England gave Dan Brown in a Wall Street Journal article titled "Dan Brown Can't Cite Me to Disprove God" will help people realize that Brown is pretty much making all of his anti-God nonsense up.
(Continued)
https://pjmedia.com/faith/2017/10/16/au ... ced-novel/
The article is behind a pay wall, but the PJMedia article continues with the physicist's rational for a belief in God.

The Commentary article mentioned is:
Quote:
The Partly Predictable World

The Hebrew Bible is an act of reconciliation between belief and scientific method
Jeremy England / Dec. 1, 2015
https://www.commentarymagazine.com/arti ... ble-world/

As I've posted before "Ain't no theologian." and will now follow with 'Ain't no physicist' either.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Dan Brown Can’t Cite Me to Disprove God
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:04 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17300
It's pretty common that theists like to misquote physicists as having said they believe in a god and atheists like to misquote them saying the other way.

In general we can see how in these ideological battles there's a whole bunch of people on each side who view it through sport-terms. "So, propaganda is effective, how do we utilize it most effectively to *win*?"

It results in a lot of conflict between the groups as when you walk away from a shooting down someone who's been buying into propaganda and then you walk into a more sensible person from that group and you're assuming you'll face more propaganda but you're actually facing a person with all solid and reasonable stances and none of the propaganda bit.

I certainly don't mind a lot of physicians and my personal friends being strong believers as long as they too don't mind me being a filthy chaos worshiping pagan. They worship their god and I spill blood for the blood god, ain't no reason why we can't all get along.

Profile E-mail