maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

It's the Gulag of Fun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tally of mdiehl's -rep on me
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:41 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17300
abradley wrote:
Kameolontti wrote:
{Snip}
To hell with Sabaton (and the other guy), we Scots have our heros

And mighty they are.

Addon Just for Nero

Scots!

Powerwolf!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:43 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
A new entry: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=311959#p311959

I have a strong feeling that the rep-system is hacked. :twisted:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:17 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 13228
nero wrote:
A new entry: http://maddogdrivethru.net/viewtopic.ph ... 59#p311959

I have a strong feeling that the rep-system is hacked. :twisted:
Hard to believe, we've all had differences but I can't see somebody stooping to cheating on rep points.

Hope it's not happening.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:14 am 

Hacked or not, it makes only difference for people who care about a number below the avatar.

Imagine if you went to a bar and people had these clip on tags on their chests with a number representing their reputation at the bar.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:36 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Kameolontti wrote:
Hacked or not, it makes only difference for people who care about a number below the avatar.

Imagine if you went to a bar and people had these clip on tags on their chests with a number representing their reputation at the bar.

My bold emphasis above.

:D

That actually ties in with last night's episode from the tv show "The Orville"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Orville#Episodes

Quote:
"Majority Rule"

On the search for two anthropologists, the team from the Orville runs afoul of a society that relies almost entirely on upvotes or downvotes.

The crew of the Orville was sent to a planet to search for the two missing anthropologists. This planet's legal system is apparently not based on any sort of codified legal system, rather it is based on reputation/up-down votes from the public at large. At age 18 everyone is issued a badge that allows people to up/downvote them. If your badge reaches 10 million downvotes then you are sent to be rehabilitated (basically you are lobotomized). One of the Orville crew is placed up for judgement because he was seen publicly dry humping a statue of one of of the planet's honored women. :lol:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:09 pm 
Sergeant Major

Kameolontti wrote:

Ehkä join, ehkä en -- Matti Nykänen

There should be the repping history of every people available. How people share their reputation. My interest is only scientific.

;)

PS. I have some ideas how to play the system. But I am too lazy. Not interested.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:33 pm 
buck private

If you were hacked it's Doggies' doing ... he's jealous of any who are more handsome then he.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:00 am 
Sergeant Major

abradley wrote:
If you were hacked it's Doggies' doing ... he's jealous of any who are more handsome then he.

:lol:

I am so serious about this thing, this repping thing is quite irrelevant to me.

But then there is a little mathematician in who wants to solve the problem how can one guy -rep all the time. In the environment where you have to distribute you rep evenly. This distributive-concentration makes me wonder, the repping history, how you give rep, should be open. So we mere mortals can learn from the master.

But then I don't like to be stalked.

nero wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:
(quote="nero")
But Bush the Older admits and apologizes.

President George HW Bush ‘sincerely apologizes’ for touching actress during photo shoot.

What did he do when younger?

#metoo :roll:(/quote)

Nero, are you saying that Bush Sr touched your pee-pee?

Impossible, never seen Bush Sr.

But I have touched females, and females have touched me. :mrgreen:

#metoo

I got -rep for this, with comment "This thread is not about you."

I was just answering to a question. :(

So it goes.

PS. I would be worried, and I am worried getting too much positive reputation points. I'd prefer more balanced statistics, equal number of both. But this is not actually happening, some 80% of my -rep comes from the stalker (without any real reason, but by some twisted obsession). :twisted:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:33 am 

nero wrote:
Kameolontti wrote:

Ehkä join, ehkä en -- Matti Nykänen

There should be the repping history of every people available. How people share their reputation. My interest is only scientific.

;)

PS. I have some ideas how to play the system. But I am too lazy. Not interested.

There's a good idea of what an upvote world would be like in the Black Mirror third season's first episode "Nosedive".

Essentially, everyone has one big public reputation meter from 1 to 5. The poshy upper class multi-million dollar living areas don't actually cost money as much as they require you to have, say, 4.5 rating.

What's worse, the voting power you have is influenced heavily by your current rating - turning the fours, four point fives etc. into tight knit elite classes or castes where every social event and every posted image is engineered with the help of PR advisors for maximum number of upvotes. Things like on purpose inviting slightly lower rated people than you so as to appear generous, pretending to be friends with people you can't stand and so.

I can imagine this would be your heaven.

Here's the whole episode:

I'm concerned with your inclinations to totalitarian communism. I much prefer freedom and liberty, even at the cost that some idiots will act like idiots when the government isn't nannying them to death.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:34 am 
buck private

nero wrote:
PS. I would be worried, and I am worried getting too much positive reputation points. I'd prefer more balanced statistics, equal number of both. But this is not actually happening, some 80% of my -rep comes from the stalker (without any real reason, but by some twisted obsession). :twisted:
Can somebody 'stalk' rep points, I thought people had to diversify their reps.

Any way 'It ain't me', that's one down.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next