It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

It's the Gulag of Fun

Post subject: New bottle of irish whiskey for winter festivities
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:23 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11537
My wife brought me a bottle of Teeling Brabazon Series 2. Ima open it late on Thanksgiving night.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

Post subject: Re: New bottle of irish whiskey for winter festivities
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:35 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2776
mdiehl wrote:
My wife brought me a bottle of Teeling Brabazon Series 2. Ima open it late on Thanksgiving night.

I have to comment, because nobody else is not doing it.

Be happy.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:45 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 11508
nero wrote:

Be happy.

Great song and a great video to go with it.

Kippis!

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:09 pm 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:
nero wrote:

Be happy.

Great song and a great video to go with it.

Kippis!

I have noticed that you can recognise my kind of humour.

May be, some time, we drink together. ;)

Cheers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:56 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 13550
Went to a big outdoor bar in Westport (in KC, one of the many times) with some buddies back in '98 or so. When I still had long ass hair.

Apparently George Thorogood & The Destroyers were playing in the attached indoor bar that night, and had just ended their set before we showed up.

Some random dude called me over to he & his buddy's table. Started heaping praise on me for "the show tonight". He seriously thought I was the drummer for the Destroyers. Guess whomever was playing drums for them, at that time, was tall and had long ass curly hair.

Took awhile to convince him I wasn't the drummer. He thought I was fucking with him, or trying to stay low-key while having a few drinks in public, afterward. Took awhile to convince him I was not. :lol:

Turns out he was a grunt who just got back after a stint in the 82nd. We pulled some tables together and got drunk with them for awhile. Fun days back then; running into random groups of strangers in public, and partying with them. 8-)

Also recall a pack of women coming up to our 2nd floor bar table, one night, after I yelled "It's all fun and games until someone puts a uterus out!" through the window & into the extremely crowded street. Even the cops turned to look & laugh. :lol: A pack of ladies thought it was hilarious, came in and obviously wanted to hang out, but we already had a couple wimins in the group. And wimins be VERY territorial. You could almost feel the cat growls when the new girls started talking to the mens. :lol: :lol:

Also: MMmmm whisky. Wish I could stomach the liquor a bit more often. But all that clean easy living, of my youth, has left holes in my stomach and probably made my liver resemble an old leather shoe.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:13 pm 
Sergeant Major

NefariousKoel wrote:
Went to a big outdoor bar in Westport (in KC, one of the many times) with some buddies back in '98 or so. When I still had long ass hair.

Apparently George Thorogood & The Destroyers were playing in the attached indoor bar that night, and had just ended their set before we showed up.

Some random dude called me over to he & his buddy's table. Started heaping praise on me for "the show tonight". He seriously thought I was the drummer for the Destroyers. Guess whomever was playing drums for them, at that time, was tall and had long ass curly hair.

Took awhile to convince him I wasn't the drummer. He thought I was fucking with him, or trying to stay low-key while having a few drinks in public, afterward. Took awhile to convince him I was not. :lol:

Turns out he was a grunt who just got back after a stint in the 82nd. We pulled some tables together and got drunk with them for awhile. Fun days back then; running into random groups of strangers in public, and partying with them. 8-)

Also recall a pack of women coming up to our 2nd floor bar table, one night, after I yelled "It's all fun and games until someone puts a uterus out!" through the window & into the extremely crowded street. Even the cops turned to look & laugh. :lol: A pack of ladies thought it was hilarious, came in and obviously wanted to hang out, but we already had a couple wimins in the group. And wimins be VERY territorial. You could almost feel the cat growls when the new girls started talking to the mens. :lol: :lol:

Also: MMmmm whisky. Wish I could stomach the liquor a bit more often. But all that clean easy living, of my youth, has left holes in my stomach and probably made my liver resemble an old leather shoe.

You didn't drink alone. ;)

Profile E-mail