maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

It's the Gulag of Fun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Atheism isn't Edgy or Amazing- It's Dying Out Worldwide
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:23 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10165
mdiehl wrote:
My position is that there is no evidence to support the existence of Howard therefore claims made by devotees of Howard about Howards goals, intentions, demands, etc are meritless and suspect.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:54 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10165
Quote:
The day finally arrived: Forest Gump dies and goes to Heaven. He is met at the Pearly Gates by Saint Peter himself. The gates are closed, however,and Forest approaches the gatekeeper.

Saint Peter says, "Well, Forest, it's certainly good to see you. We have heard a lot about you. I must inform you that the place is filling up fast, and we've been administering an entrance examination for everyone. The tests are fairly short, but you need to pass before you can get into Heaven." Forest responds, "It shore is good to be here Saint Peter. I was looking forward to this. Nobody ever told me about any entrance exams. Shore hope the test ain't too hard; life was a big enough test as it was." Saint Peter goes on, "Yes, I know Forest. But, the test I have for you is only three questions. Here is the first: What days of the week begin with the letter 'T'? Second, how many seconds are there in a year? Third, what is God's first name?"

Forest goes away to think the questions over. He returns the next day and goes up to Saint Peter to try to answer the exam questions. Saint Peter waves him up and asks, "Now that you have had a chance to think the questions over, tell me your answers."

Forest says, "Well, the first one, - how many days of the week begin with the letter 'T'? Shucks, that one's easy; that'd be Today and Tomorrow !" The saint's eyes open wide and he exclaims, "Forest ! That's not what I was thinking, but ... you do have a point though, and I guess I didn't specify, so I give you credit for that answer."

"How about the next one" says Saint Peter, "how many seconds in a year?" "Now that one's harder," says Forest. "But, I thunk and thunk about that, and I guess the only answer can be twelve." Astounded, Saint Peter says, "Twelve! Twelve! Forest, how in Heaven's name could you come up with twelve seconds in a year?" Forest says, "Shucks, there gotta be twelve: January second, February second, March second....." "Hold it," interrupts Saint Peter. "I see where you're going with it. And I guess I see your point, though that wasn't quite what I had in mind. I'll give you credit for that one too."

"Let's go on with the next and final question," says Saint Peter, "Can you tell me God's first name?" Forest says, "Well shore, I know God's first name. Everbody probly knows it. It's Howard."

"Howard?" asks Saint Peter. "What makes you think it's 'Howard'?" Forest answers, "It's in the prayer." "The prayer?" asks Saint Peter, "Which prayer?" "The Lord's Prayer," responds Forest: "Our Father, who art in heaven, Howard be thy name...."

I heard about "howard" 10 years before I heard about gump ... while I was still in the Army ... so gump didn't invent howard, but apparently he heard about howard ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11323
abradley wrote:
The Atheist Bible
https://suchanek.name/texts/atheism/index.html#TOC
An atheist’s view on life, the universe, and everything

© 2006-2017 Fabian M. Suchanek

Never even heard of it until now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2776
EUBanana wrote:
abradley wrote:
The Atheist Bible
https://suchanek.name/texts/atheism/index.html#TOC
An atheist’s view on life, the universe, and everything

© 2006-2017 Fabian M. Suchanek

Never even heard of it until now.

It looks much more like a creationist view than atheist view.

Look the evolution section, ;)

Normal Andy propaganda, that "wrong" Pope disagrees. :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:25 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 8782
nero wrote:
It looks much more like a creationist view than atheist view.

Look the evolution section, ;)

Normal Andy propaganda, that "wrong" Pope disagrees. :roll:
Not my propaganda, ran across it, checked his creds, figured some might be interested.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:01 am 
Sergeant Major

mdiehl wrote:
Well, I've been through some shit. In extremis where I am NOT immediately threatened my immediate physiological reaction is almost anti-adrenaline. I feel physically cooler, shit seems to slow down around me, and I find myself coming up with a calm plan of action before any time has elapsed. Panic has not set in.

I probably would have been a good launch officer or ground-crewman, or a good artillerist. ;)

This thread is not about how you feel, not about you. "I, I, I, I". :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:05 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10226
nero wrote:
mdiehl wrote:
Well, I've been through some shit. In extremis where I am NOT immediately threatened my immediate physiological reaction is almost anti-adrenaline. I feel physically cooler, shit seems to slow down around me, and I find myself coming up with a calm plan of action before any time has elapsed. Panic has not set in.

I probably would have been a good launch officer or ground-crewman, or a good artillerist. ;)

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:39 am 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
nero wrote:

There is always room for the third one. :lol:

Welcome.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:48 pm 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 14215
abradley wrote:

Quote:
I am Fabian Suchanek, a full professor at Télécom ParisTech University in Paris. I am in the DBWeb Team in Computer Science.
https://suchanek.name/

No good deed goes unpunished.
Quote:
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/bible
(lowercase) any book, reference work, periodical, etc., accepted as authoritative, informative, or reliable:
He regarded that particular bird book as the birdwatchers' bible.

Just because you have a group of people in US who adhere to some guidelines for atheism doesn't mean shit.

Just like US specific political denominations and terminology don't mean shit outside US.

In fact most atheists in West have Christian values, except for the MTV generation who are just all sorts of fucked up indoctrination.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9