maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum rules


It's the Gulag of Fun



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Total Solar Eclipse - Aug 21
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:00 pm 
Offline
Hair in the soap
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:46 am
Posts: 17718
Reputation points: 14634
Looking forward to this eclipse in North America, on the 21st.

https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/


I'll be in the path of totality. Total eclipse for me. 8-)

Since I already got a pack of solar viewing glasses, it probably means the sky will be cloudy that fucking day. Because Murphy & I go way back. :x The damn things were on back-order for 3 weeks. Glad I ordered early.

:ugeek:




_________________
..
.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Solar Eclipse - Aug 21
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:22 pm 
Offline
First Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm
Posts: 9529
Location: inside your worst nightmare
Reputation points: 10688
Are they expecting the survivors to suffer PTSD?

Luckily Atlanta . . . we will only get hit by the margins of the attack . . .

_________________
Nero: So what is your challenge?

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Solar Eclipse - Aug 21
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:23 pm 
Offline
Hair in the soap
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:46 am
Posts: 17718
Reputation points: 14634
Anthropoid wrote:
Are they expecting the survivors to suffer PTSD?

Luckily Atlanta . . . we will only get hit by the margins of the attack . . .



I'm sure the Friday alcoholism celebrations will kick off early in order to compensate.

_________________
..
.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Solar Eclipse - Aug 21
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:51 pm 
Offline
Staff Sergeant

Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3544
Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 7610
We had to have a safety talk concerning the eclipse here at the plant. Knowing some of the numbnuts that work here they would look right at the sun during our 75% coverage which is happening right after lunch and try and make a workers comp case out of it.

_________________
Texas, where we have the death penalty and aren't afraid to use it! Cruz 2020!!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Solar Eclipse - Aug 21
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:52 pm 
Offline
Hair in the soap
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:46 am
Posts: 17718
Reputation points: 14634
nelmsm wrote:
We had to have a safety talk concerning the eclipse here at the plant. Knowing some of the numbnuts that work here they would look right at the sun during our 75% coverage which is happening right after lunch and try and make a workers comp case out of it.


I believe it. There are some morons in the world, and many think their actions shouldn't be considered their fault. :lol:

_________________
..
.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Solar Eclipse - Aug 21
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:59 am 
Offline
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:44 pm
Posts: 7389
Reputation points: 15171
NefariousKoel wrote:
nelmsm wrote:
We had to have a safety talk concerning the eclipse here at the plant. Knowing some of the numbnuts that work here they would look right at the sun during our 75% coverage which is happening right after lunch and try and make a workers comp case out of it.


I believe it. There are some morons in the world, and many think their actions shouldn't be considered their fault. :lol:


I wish we'll never adopt the American judicial system of "do not insert a screw driver inside your penis - it WILL hurt".

The folks are the same and now in the capital they're starting to "demand their rights" like the shitheads that ruined it all in the US.

_________________
All scientists across the world work for US Democratic Party


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Solar Eclipse - Aug 21
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:19 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 26964
Location: West coast of the east coast
Reputation points: 16223
NefariousKoel wrote:
Looking forward to this eclipse in North America, on the 21st.

https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/


I'll be in the path of totality. Total eclipse for me. 8-)

Since I already got a pack of solar viewing glasses, it probably means the sky will be cloudy that fucking day. Because Murphy & I go way back. :x The damn things were on back-order for 3 weeks. Glad I ordered early.

:ugeek:






I will be up in Chicago visiting family when this happens....not that it matters because it appears that it will take the middle path between Chicago and Tampa. Still, I expect that there will still be something to experience.

_________________
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Solar Eclipse - Aug 21
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:31 pm 
Offline
Hair in the soap
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:46 am
Posts: 17718
Reputation points: 14634
Fuckin' cloud bank rolled in. Literally 20 seconds before totality.


Murphy'd again! :x



Only caught an obscured glimpse here & there. At least the disappearing sunlight play across the puffs & layers of clouds was interesting.

_________________
..
.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Solar Eclipse - Aug 21
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:11 pm 
Offline
Staff Sergeant

Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3544
Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 7610
Bah, didn't even go outside. I'm old enough I saw a man land on the moon. Now that was something to see.

_________________
Texas, where we have the death penalty and aren't afraid to use it! Cruz 2020!!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Solar Eclipse - Aug 21
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:19 pm 
Offline
Hair in the soap
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:46 am
Posts: 17718
Reputation points: 14634
Got a laugh at the bats coming out.

Was a couple of them flying over the pool when it went real dark. I bet they got nice & confused a few minutes later. :lol:

_________________
..
.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group