It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

It's the Gulag of Fun

Post subject: Nero
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:43 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10165
Believe it or not, I'm going to praise Nero in this post. :)

I know many of us love pounding on Nero and I'm in that club sometimes, though perhaps not the strongest member of that club.

==
But how many of you could do what Nero does, for as long as he has done it?

Many think he is just "trolling". But who would troll a small group of a dozen people, year after year? That does not make sense to me. So I search for a motive. The motive I came up with is, Nero is practicing his English. I think the forum helps him with this and we offer a rich collection of "slang" terms as well.

==

So thanks to Nero for giving us a very different point of view ... and sticking to his "guns" ... and tolerating more verbal abuse than I've seen anyone take, given the length of time.

:D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Nero
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:49 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10226
Hmmmm . . .

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:34 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14884
He has given us a different point of view on a variety of topics.

And I would concur that I think that we have helped him with his understanding of English.
We helped him better understand the concept of "gerrymandering" (i.e. that you cannot "gerrymander" federal Senate districts). ;-)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:42 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10226
In truth: in the past, I tolerated him reasonably well. At present I find he is a broken record of vague, insipid and mindless jabs at the same illusory target, i.e., the "soft spot" of the right-wingers on this board.

Yes we have some guys are are right-ish. Some more than others. But I think what is distinctive about the regulars on this board is that we are all competent empiricists (mostly) and strive to be reasonable and rational.

Nero seems to eschew these "core values" of the board, and instead strives to be provocative, no matter how irrational, unreasonable or fake the basis of his points. He is apparently an ideologue of some sort of leftist variety who thrives on incompetent efforts to troll right-wingers and Americans, or he is mentally ill (or both).

Apart from that, I can think of very little to anything that he actually "adds" to the community other than being a convenient butt for jokes and derogation.

I'm perfectly happy with the situation as it stands: he makes a fool of himself incessantly, and the rest of us sit back and munch our popcorn. If he were to escalate to the level of Pamak: threats, excessive spamming of new threads making the same point (or lack thereof), constantly calling everyone who disagrees with him a retard, etc. . . . at that point I'd petition for consideration of banning, but so far he remains at a level of pest that is entertaining.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:08 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2776
Just wonder if this thread will be as popular as the "Nero is an asshole"-thread @ good ole madcows in the olden times. It was almost as long as the infamous bismarck-thread at the ancient matrix aow.

So let it go.

Image's.

:lol:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:
Just wonder if this thread will be as popular as the "Nero is an asshole"-thread @ good ole madcows in the olden times. It was almost as long as the infamous bismarck-thread at the ancient matrix aow.

So let it go.

Image's.

:lol:

My bad engrish, go on.

Do not be shy, and I will response at will.

This will be fun. :mrgreen:

MAGAIT.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:49 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 8782
nero wrote:
{Snip}.
Sorry, won't be indulging in this, not that I don't spend 90% of the time pissed at you. But when I look back the good discussions stand out.

What's the old saying, something like 'Live long and prosper.'

Might say a pray or two for your black, black soul.

That'll piss you off. :twisted:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:12 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10165
After all ... there are trolls .. and there are TROLLS ... and I hope our very own nero is the biggest and baddest of the TROLLS !!!

troll

TROLL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:44 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11537
The Bismarck was sunk, not scuttled. More holes than a swiss cheese and not capable of doing anything other than foundering.

IJN Yamato was a badly construced pos with lousy main armament, lousy secondary armament, poorly positioned and inadequate aaa batteries, and that used a ranging and deflection system that was only a slight improvement over the one used by USS Monitor in 1862. In Yamato's final sortie it was critically hit three times, and the only reason why it did not explode after the second bomb hit her was because a shitload of American torpedoes opened up enough holes in Yamato's hull to allow the uncontrolled fire in her aft secondary battery magazine to flood with seawater, and to allow Yamato to settle on a roughly even keel until the last few minutes. As a BB, Yamato was a white elephant, and less capable than any of the modern BBs built by France, the US, or Italy.

Japanese naval aviators flying A6Ms were massively trained in swimming underwater, holding their breath while doing jumping jacks, turning somersaults with stomachs full of pasta, and at absorbing brutal treatment meted out by superior officers. They were also very able at shooting down obsolete Russian biplanes designed in 1932 flown by untrained Chinese pilots. IJN aviators had the shit shot out of them by USN pilots flying F4F Wildcats in every engagement in which the two navies fought starting on 7 Dec 1941.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:09 pm 
Sergeant Major

mdiehl wrote:
The Bismarck was sunk, not scuttled. More holes than a swiss cheese and not capable of doing anything other than foundering.

IJN Yamato was a badly construced pos with lousy main armament, lousy secondary armament, poorly positioned and inadequate aaa batteries, and that used a ranging and deflection system that was only a slight improvement over the one used by USS Monitor in 1862. In Yamato's final sortie it was critically hit three times, and the only reason why it did not explode after the second bomb hit her was because a shitload of American torpedoes opened up enough holes in Yamato's hull to allow the uncontrolled fire in her aft secondary battery magazine to flood with seawater, and to allow Yamato to settle on a roughly even keel until the last few minutes. As a BB, Yamato was a white elephant, and less capable than any of the modern BBs built by France, the US, or Italy.

Japanese naval aviators flying A6Ms were massively trained in swimming underwater, holding their breath while doing jumping jacks, turning somersaults with stomachs full of pasta, and at absorbing brutal treatment meted out by superior officers. They were also very able at shooting down obsolete Russian biplanes designed in 1932 flown by untrained Chinese pilots. IJN aviators had the shit shot out of them by USN pilots flying F4F Wildcats in every engagement in which the two navies fought starting on 7 Dec 1941.

Fuck off, this thread is about me. :twisted:

Profile E-mail