maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum rules


It's the Gulag of Fun



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Shroud and the jew: Barrie Schwortz at TEDx
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:17 pm 
Offline
buck private
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:01 am
Posts: 13742
Reputation points: 8532
nero wrote:
I think the biggest treason the the Roman Catholic Church is:

1st) Invention of the concept of purgatory. There is no indication in Jesus's teachings of that.
2nd) Status Ecclesiae, just opposite of Jesus again.

Luther had a point (Hus too). ;)
Quote:
abradley: {Snip}

nero wrote:
Not convincing at all. As for the Papal State(s) they did it because they could? :roll:

And if a Pope did it, it is not a crime or against Jesus' will. :lol:

And purgatory was good business in form of indulgence trading: "as soon as a coin in the coffer rings / the soul from purgatory springs."

Luther had a point.
First of all, what is your complaint against 'Papal States'?

Second, are you against 'purgatory' because it's wrong or because it was abused?

_________________
Use KISS or the old man won't understand.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shroud and the jew: Barrie Schwortz at TEDx
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:43 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 12309
Reputation points: 2601
abradley wrote:
First of all, what is your complaint against 'Papal States'?

"My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence." -- Jesus

I don't think that Jesus meant that his followers should acquire earthly power in his name. Jesus made clear difference of heavenly domain and earthly domain.

abradley wrote:
Second, are you against 'purgatory' because it's wrong or because it was abused?

The idea of purgatory is not based on Jesus' teaching at all. You gave information of the origin of it, but later the concept came a power tool and money making machine.

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shroud and the jew: Barrie Schwortz at TEDx
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:12 pm 
Offline
First Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm
Posts: 8497
Location: inside your worst nightmare
Reputation points: 9548
nero wrote:
abradley wrote:
First of all, what is your complaint against 'Papal States'?

"My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence." -- Jesus

I don't think that Jesus meant that his followers should acquire earthly power in his name. Jesus made clear difference of heavenly domain and earthly domain.

abradley wrote:
Second, are you against 'purgatory' because it's wrong or because it was abused?

The idea of purgatory is not based on Jesus' teaching at all. You gave information of the origin of it, but later the concept came a power tool and money making machine.


I think the part you are missing Nero is the part where the Roman authorities attempted to commit a genocide on the early Christians, to no avail; their plebes just kept on converting and practicing in secret.

Sort of like you miss the fact that Israel is surrounded and perennially under siege.

Under enough pressure, and heat, you can probably turn chocolate pudding into something like concrete . . .

_________________
Nero: So what is your challenge?

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shroud and the jew: Barrie Schwortz at TEDx
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:51 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 12309
Reputation points: 2601
Anthropoid wrote:
...
I think the part you are missing Nero is the part where the Roman authorities attempted to commit a genocide on the early Christians, to no avail; their plebes just kept on converting and practicing in secret.

Sort of like you miss the fact that Israel is surrounded and perennially under siege.

Under enough pressure, and heat, you can probably turn chocolate pudding into something like concrete . . .

You make no sense. Or in other way you make nonsense.

Perhaps this is because of your ignorance about the subject. :roll:

So it goes.

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shroud and the jew: Barrie Schwortz at TEDx
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:58 pm 
Offline
First Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm
Posts: 8497
Location: inside your worst nightmare
Reputation points: 9548
nero wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:
...
I think the part you are missing Nero is the part where the Roman authorities attempted to commit a genocide on the early Christians, to no avail; their plebes just kept on converting and practicing in secret.

Sort of like you miss the fact that Israel is surrounded and perennially under siege.

Under enough pressure, and heat, you can probably turn chocolate pudding into something like concrete . . .

You make no sense. Or in other way you make nonsense.

Perhaps this is because of your ignorance about the subject. :roll:

So it goes.


Ah okay :lol:

So how many university courses on ancient history have you completed?

_________________
Nero: So what is your challenge?

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shroud and the jew: Barrie Schwortz at TEDx
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:22 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 12309
Reputation points: 2601
Anthropoid wrote:
...

Ah okay :lol:

So how many university courses on ancient history have you completed?

I may have, or may not. But it is not important. The most important is what you know. I have read books like Keepers of the Keys of Heaven. Over 500 pages of history of the papacy.

How about you, what do you know? :roll:

Obviously nothing, you are just trolling. :twisted:

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shroud and the jew: Barrie Schwortz at TEDx
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:51 pm 
Offline
buck private
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:01 am
Posts: 13742
Reputation points: 8532
nero wrote:
abradley wrote:
First of all, what is your complaint against 'Papal States'?

"My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence." -- Jesus

I don't think that Jesus meant that his followers should acquire earthly power in his name. Jesus made clear difference of heavenly domain and earthly domain.
.
Your anti Papal states or Pope?

_________________
Use KISS or the old man won't understand.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shroud and the jew: Barrie Schwortz at TEDx
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:04 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 12309
Reputation points: 2601
abradley wrote:
nero wrote:
...
"My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence." -- Jesus

I don't think that Jesus meant that his followers should acquire earthly power in his name. Jesus made clear difference of heavenly domain and earthly domain.
.
Your anti Papal states or Pope?

Again,

"My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence." -- Jesus

What part you don't understand?

Hint: there is only one part.

So it goes.

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shroud and the jew: Barrie Schwortz at TEDx
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:41 am 
Offline
First Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm
Posts: 8497
Location: inside your worst nightmare
Reputation points: 9548
nero wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:
...

Ah okay :lol:

So how many university courses on ancient history have you completed?

I may have, or may not. But it is not important. The most important is what you know. I have read books like Keepers of the Keys of Heaven. Over 500 pages of history of the papacy.

How about you, what do you know? :roll:

Obviously nothing, you are just trolling. :twisted:


My ancient history bibliography is probably round about 20 books and as many scholarly articles. Just stuff I read over the years. Back in the academia days I made a habit of reading and keeping annotated bibliographies in Endnote, an application I no longer pay to keep installed on any of my machines . . . last count I remember for my complete bibliography was round about 5000 . . . mostly biology and psychology but smatterings from virtually every other natural science and social science.

I've read more, across more fields than you can even conceive. This is what they train you to do in anthropology graduate school: a book or two per day . . . I tell you, it takes all the joy out of reading it does, but at least you figure out that you don't actually have to read every word to understand what someone has to say.

_________________
Nero: So what is your challenge?

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group