Forum rules

It's the Gulag of Fun

Post subject: I found myself a raving lunatic
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:41 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 9811
Check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJHDMCBwY0w

Check out the comments. Look for schmoborama the totally unhinged extremist and apparenty student in good standing vs yours truly, R Malarkey. Down near the bottom.

Glad I don't live in the US. Watch out for the civil war, guys!

"The British have always fought, to be sure. No nation on Earth can be taken seriously in historical circles unless it has had at least one war with the British; it's like not having an American Express card."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: I found myself a raving lunatic
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2598
EUBanana wrote:
Check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJHDMCBwY0w

Check out the comments. Look for schmoborama the totally unhinged extremist and apparenty student in good standing vs yours truly, R Malarkey. Down near the bottom.

Glad I don't live in the US. Watch out for the civil war, guys!

Watched it.

My primitive reaction to capitalistic ultra-liberatis is that no man is an island.

I do have some respect for you, for your critical thinking. We have had our differences, some of them clearly just misunderstandings. Like the question of state. I have this Lincolnian view of state: government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not giving orders how to live but providing a level ground and safety nets in addition to the libertarian nightwatchman society. But this social democratic view is lost the steam, just because it has achieved all it demanded over 100 years ago. On defence you lose creativity.

So with the prospect of of coming machine learning and self driving cars, and a loss of great deal of jobs, perhaps there will be discussion. Even here. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:16 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 9811
nero wrote:
My primitive reaction to capitalistic ultra-liberatis is that no man is an island.

I do have some respect for you, for your critical thinking. We have had our differences, some of them clearly just misunderstandings. Like the question of state. I have this Lincolnian view of state: government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not giving orders how to live but providing a level ground and safety nets in addition to the libertarian nightwatchman society. But this social democratic view is lost the steam, just because it has achieved all it demanded over 100 years ago. On defence you lose creativity.

So with the prospect of of coming machine learning and self driving cars, and a loss of great deal of jobs, perhaps there will be discussion. Even here. ;)

:shock:

:lol:

Not so sure about the loss of jobs and the future cyberpunk dystopia. We'll see. And discuss it when it happens. ;)

"The British have always fought, to be sure. No nation on Earth can be taken seriously in historical circles unless it has had at least one war with the British; it's like not having an American Express card."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:52 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2598
EUBanana wrote:
nero wrote:

:shock:

:lol:

Not so sure about the loss of jobs and the future cyberpunk dystopia. We'll see. And discuss it when it happens. ;)

Never say never. ;)

They don't program the Master, Master learns by itself.

See the future.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail