maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum rules


It's the Gulag of Fun



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Lefty Losers
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:04 pm 
Offline
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:44 pm
Posts: 7880
Reputation points: 17300
pamak wrote:
doggie wrote:
So Pamak comes clean. Ignorant folk in flyover country should have no voice at all in politics. They exist only to serve the elites. Shut up and give us your money so we may redistribute it to the more deserving.



It is not about not having voice. It is about having ears which is a good advise to arrogant and uneducated people who believe that they know better than scientists. Your comments about the impossibility to have tiny changes in CO2 produce massive changes in the climate was a typical example. As for money, if anybody should complain about leaches sucking money, this should be the democratic east or west coast. The general rule is that states and rural communities which believe in "independence," " responsibility" and "fiscal prudence" are the ones which are net gainers from the federal tax system, and they get the money from the "irresponsible" liberals of New York and California.


And they would publicly argue against this because they're so stupid?

I love leftoid theories about their opponents.

_________________
Screw you nero


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lefty Losers
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:03 pm 
Offline
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:06 pm
Posts: 15502
Location: under the porch
Reputation points: 16468
Where do all them liberals in New York and California get all that money? They tax the living shit out of the white working class.

What happens when the racists get fed up and leave? This is why the democrat party fought to keep slavery.

_________________
First, we must kill moose and squirrel


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lefty Losers
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:12 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 16164
Reputation points: 720
doggie wrote:
Where do all them liberals in New York and California get all that money? They tax the living shit out of the white working class.

What happens when the racists get fed up and leave? This is why the democrat party fought to keep slavery.

I don't see how the white working class can go gant. :roll:

Or do you really think that the fly-over America is paying for the coast liberals.

Follow the money. ;)

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lefty Losers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:28 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:33 pm
Posts: 20954
Location: LV-426
Reputation points: 15927
The metropolises create the problems that depauperate the midcontinent's middle class, Sneero. We've had massive GDP growth, most of it in the hands of metropolises and most of it achieved by embracing globalism and by destroying middle class jobs in flyover country. All of that was engineered by the people in the metropolises.

It's perfectly reasonable of course for the metropolises to demand not to pay taxes to support the midcontinent folks that consume the consumables, grow the crops and cattle, fill the armed forces, drive the trucks and trains, and are at Ground Zero in the event of The Big One because all the ICBMs and SAC bases are located in their backyards.

In that event, if the metropolises don't want to ante up, it's entirely reasonable for the rest of the country to NOT allow them to build vacation homes in Idaho or wherever, to NOT fill the ranks of the armed forces, sell all the grain and cattle grown in the sticks to people overseas rather than allow any of it to be delivered to restaurants in Manhattan or LA, and to openly declare that if someone in Korea decides they really want to nuke San Francisco, it's not necessarily the proper burden of some missile wing in Kansas to retaliate. Likewise, we can shrink the Federal gov't enough so that protecting the financial institutions, the seaports, and the trade routes, all currently defended by flyover country, becomes a job for which the metropolises can ante up 100% of the cash and labor.

_________________
"Fuck the king." - Sandor Clegane

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lefty Losers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:16 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 16164
Reputation points: 720
mdiehl wrote:
The metropolises create the problems that depauperate the midcontinent's middle class, Sneero. We've had massive GDP growth, most of it in the hands of metropolises and most of it achieved by embracing globalism and by destroying middle class jobs in flyover country. All of that was engineered by the people in the metropolises.

It's perfectly reasonable of course for the metropolises to demand not to pay taxes to support the midcontinent folks that consume the consumables, grow the crops and cattle, fill the armed forces, drive the trucks and trains, and are at Ground Zero in the event of The Big One because all the ICBMs and SAC bases are located in their backyards.

In that event, if the metropolises don't want to ante up, it's entirely reasonable for the rest of the country to NOT allow them to build vacation homes in Idaho or wherever, to NOT fill the ranks of the armed forces, sell all the grain and cattle grown in the sticks to people overseas rather than allow any of it to be delivered to restaurants in Manhattan or LA, and to openly declare that if someone in Korea decides they really want to nuke San Francisco, it's not necessarily the proper burden of some missile wing in Kansas to retaliate. Likewise, we can shrink the Federal gov't enough so that protecting the financial institutions, the seaports, and the trade routes, all currently defended by flyover country, becomes a job for which the metropolises can ante up 100% of the cash and labor.

I just read from Helsinski Sanomanski that in the <500 counties where Hillary won are making 64% of the GDP against the 2600> counties making the rest: Another Clinton-Trump divide: High-output America vs low-output America. :roll:

But what is needed is united states, not divided states, both in America and Europe.

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lefty Losers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:42 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:33 pm
Posts: 20954
Location: LV-426
Reputation points: 15927
You have confused output with GDP. It's a common enough mistake so you should not feel too bad about it. It's the kind of thing PhD economists routinely get wrong.

_________________
"Fuck the king." - Sandor Clegane

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lefty Losers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:13 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 16164
Reputation points: 720
mdiehl wrote:
You have confused output with GDP. It's a common enough mistake so you should not feel too bad about it. It's the kind of thing PhD economists routinely get wrong.

I understand that other people make the work and output, while the other collect the profit; it is called capitalism. ;)

But how true is this now when the rustbelt work has been offshored to China, output-wise?

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lefty Losers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:33 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:33 pm
Posts: 20954
Location: LV-426
Reputation points: 15927
Your reply makes no sense at all. Maybe you can clarify it?

_________________
"Fuck the king." - Sandor Clegane

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lefty Losers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:42 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 16164
Reputation points: 720
mdiehl wrote:
Your reply makes no sense at all. Maybe you can clarify it?

Output and GDP. The work is done in one place and very little is payed for the work, the product is sold in another place with big profit.

When the same is done in different countries, with different tax levels, we come to tax evasion. And can you guess where is tax level higher, where the output is done or the profit?

Anything else? :roll:

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lefty Losers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:59 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:33 pm
Posts: 20954
Location: LV-426
Reputation points: 15927
You seem to be using output and GP interchangably. They're not interchangable. They measure different things.

In re tax structure tax evasion. Um, yes, of course, since the laws reward corps for seeking reporting localities that minimize taxes, that's what happens (and yes, it's morally wrong even if its legal).

Doesn't seem to address your point about the coasts vs the interior though. At least, it seemed like you were implying that the interior, where taxes are not collected much, parasitise the metropolises, where the taxes are collected. It's not an accurate claim because output and GP aren't the same things, and because the metropolises are in many ways subsidized by the interior in ways that do not translate specifically to GP.

_________________
"Fuck the king." - Sandor Clegane

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group