maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

It's the Gulag of Fun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Star of Europe falling
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:22 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 1905
Quote:
Being born rich is not an accident. You are obviously a product of superior genetics. You were destined to be a Marine biologist or some other professional who was born to be a gift to humanity and you deserve an extravagant standard of living.

The less worthy should be happy to serve their betters doing the mundane manual labor required of them.

Someone may think that you try to be sarcastic. On the other hand, this is exactly what you and many of you buddies in this forum believe with respect to the gap between blacks and whites. So, in fact you choose to believe in "superior genetics" when you see yourself belonging to a group that has the upper hand in social accomplishments, and you dismiss these racist theories sarcastically when you see yourself belonging to a group that does not have the upper hand.

You are a joke!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:36 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 14215
EUBanana wrote:
So... I was told Ostrobothnia was like the Finnish version of Texas, but with bigger knives.

True/false?

And yes. It's funny how supposedly left wing people forget that the economy has to work for everybody, not just the uber-skilled. My lefty mate with a PhD doesn't get this either. Well of course he's fine - he's got a PhD! Those nearer the bottom of the heap exist in a completely different world.

No, we have smaller knives:

Revered Iisakki Järvenpää knives

And in true Ostrobothnian style:
"Also available in black"

The traditional "helavyö", "hela" belt or transl. 'ferrule belt', featuring heart shape metal pieces.

And the "vallesmanni" model, featuring an unusually long but traditional knife:

By the way, if anything Ostrobothnians are strong believers in entrepreneurship, capitalism and standing on your own feet.

It was people from Ostrobothnia (and elsewhere but especially Ostrobothnians) who stopped communism in Finland. They laid siege to Tampere and took it from communists, crushing their back in every engagement and slaughtering thousands through executions and starvation in camps after the war. Even after the war they'd drive all the way from here to south and give sound beatings to southern communists sometimes giving them involuntary car ride to the Russian border along with "if you like it so much, why don't you go there".

The movie Winter War tells of Ostrobothnian company fighting the Soviets 1939-1940.

We don't have much love for the capital but in the capital Ostrobothnians are sought after hard workers.

Hence why capital punishes us so severely, hitting farms, hitting us everywhere where it hurts and these latest sanctions against Russia as well as their counter sanctions hit us really hard and EU didn't bother to offer any kind of support or compensation, neither did rest of Finland, at most they laugh at our plight when we have no say on the sanctions.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:32 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10165
Quote:
I did my Ph.D. on rural-urban issues (in Botswana) and at the time it just seemed like a 'fairly reasonable, not insignificant topic,' but afterward my interests veered in other directions as the topic seemed to me to be pretty well 'tapped out.'

Listening to Kamel, reflecting on the pattern of states won in the Nov 2016 election, it is interesting to see that the "left-right" division seems to be in some ways an urban-rural division and one which remains salient even today.

Really!? Koo-well !!! This division in TGLFKAO between city and country is not just "interesting" it is CORE. And we should discuss why!!! I am ready (but not in the thread ... we don't want to get in the way of the yourOh falling star :D ) !

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:21 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2776
jwilkerson wrote:
Quote:
I did my Ph.D. on rural-urban issues (in Botswana) and at the time it just seemed like a 'fairly reasonable, not insignificant topic,' but afterward my interests veered in other directions as the topic seemed to me to be pretty well 'tapped out.'

Listening to Kamel, reflecting on the pattern of states won in the Nov 2016 election, it is interesting to see that the "left-right" division seems to be in some ways an urban-rural division and one which remains salient even today.

Really!? Koo-well !!! This division in TGLFKAO between city and country is not just "interesting" it is CORE. And we should discuss why!!! I am ready (but not in the thread ... we don't want to get in the way of the yourOh falling star :D ) !

Right, in another thread. Off you go. ;)

Vaasan veri ei vapise eikä Kauhavan rauta ruostu.

Kauhava knives are the best, I own half a dozen. And given the same number as presents. :mrgreen:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:00 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10226
Back on Topic . . . Star of Europe Falling?

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:18 am 

It looks like US is finally getting their shit together while pre-emptively banning Muslim colonialism before getting the worst of it.

Meanwhile all the EU federalists and Muslim apologists are shitting their pants and calling for a "strong common front" (stormfront?) to oppose USA and to combat any fallout of it encouraging Europeans who don't agree with Islamization in order to drag on Islamization for as long as they can.

We will likely see worsening persecution towards EU and Islam critics in the few years.

A year ago US and EU were more or less in the same boat with similar apologetic views.

Now, people in US have shown that voting isn't always for nothing - sometimes you can actually get your voice through with voting. If anything, democracy works in US.

Now we'll see how EU and US are splitting off to completely different and potentially hostile paths. EU and EU media have already largely taken the stance along with the pro-Islam political elite of bashing US administration to their heart's content while calling for unity.

But there won't be unity. Europe is going down. You cannot unite people behind a lost cause of surrendering to your enemies. The only problem is that the decades of brainwashing by media have created some very devout supporters of EU and Islamization.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:16 am 
First Sergeant

Kameolontti wrote:
It looks like US is finally getting their shit together while pre-emptively banning Muslim colonialism before getting the worst of it.

Meanwhile all the EU federalists and Muslim apologists are shitting their pants and calling for a "strong common front" (stormfront?) to oppose USA and to combat any fallout of it encouraging Europeans who don't agree with Islamization in order to drag on Islamization for as long as they can.

We will likely see worsening persecution towards EU and Islam critics in the few years.

A year ago US and EU were more or less in the same boat with similar apologetic views.

Now, people in US have shown that voting isn't always for nothing - sometimes you can actually get your voice through with voting. If anything, democracy works in US.

Now we'll see how EU and US are splitting off to completely different and potentially hostile paths. EU and EU media have already largely taken the stance along with the pro-Islam political elite of bashing US administration to their heart's content while calling for unity.

But there won't be unity. Europe is going down. You cannot unite people behind a lost cause of surrendering to your enemies. The only problem is that the decades of brainwashing by media have created some very devout supporters of EU and Islamization.

We have that problem in teh U.S. too (the bolded part).

Lets not forget, this was a pretty damn close election! Even with all the illegitimate votes she gathered excluded from the tally, I believe she still would be considered to have won the total number of votes at the national level.

Thankfully that doesn't matter. Candidates have to win STATES in order to gather each states ELECTORAL votes and the result of the election is who has more electoral votes.

I do not know how much of this reflects dumb luck versus a brilliant strategy on the part of Trump. A narrow win that is a result of brilliant strategy (and assuming that "narrow" doesn't mean you suffered terrible "casualties") is a good thing. A close election where the opponent had plenty of voters in her favor, but they were just not in the right concentrations in the right states for her to win enough states to win the whole election. . . not so good.

The other thing of course is that: a narrow win that results from a brilliant strategy is not something an opponent will find mystifying. He/she/they might not have REALIZED the strategy while it was being used against them. But once you get beat by a particular gambit, you better believe a good player will figure out that gambit and it probably won't work so well next time.

All this to say (and with some regret and concern on my part): The struggle to free America from leftist oppression and idiocy is not over yet. Trump may not win in 2020 and here some points are worth mentioning.

1. I've seen it said that Trump will advance to a second term based on the success of his policies and to some extent that is true. However, in large part it will remain as irrelevant as it ever was.

The country remains highly divided. Something like half of the voters in the last election voted for Clinton. The real question here is: how many of those voters can be won over by Trump policy successes? His solid supporters, and probably even the Republican party as a whole are going to be behind him almost no matter what; that is just simply how things work in our strange "Two Party" national institution. The most important people for Trump right now--and continuously from now until 2019--are NOT his supporters, they are Hillaries FRINGE supporters. The swing folks who might have gone either way (people like my wife).

2. The leftist extremism is not going to go away without making a disproportionate amount of noise. Whether that loud screeching will be discernible as "death throes" versus "groundswell of opposition" remains to be seen. I have said a few times on here that "the left are intent on committing intellectual and political suicide" and I still think this is not a bad notion; it has some potential explanatory validity. The extreme anti-Trump nonsense--and much of seemingly so ridiculous that even swing individuals would easily see through it and roll their eyes--continues to gush forth from many individuals, not only outside the U.S. but inside as well. The media and "officials" are only one element of this, Youtubers, and other forms of "amateur celebrities" are another big part. They are rounding up the wagons, rallying and gathering their troops. One might have hoped that the stark division of their views and the other half of the country might have promoted self-reflection, moderation, perhaps a hint of humility and resolve to change and win over the "fringe" elements of Trumps support through rational argument. That is not what we are seeing. The left (for lack of a better term which synthesizes all of the myriad groups that support Democratic candidates) have in fact "doubled down" on their screeching, lying, moralizing, petty, preachy, inane nonsense.

On the whole, the left continuing to alienate moderates is a good thing, but it may also help to keep the left held together and avert a true collapse of the Democratic Party, so "suicide" might not be the right word.

Basically, what "the right" is dealing with now is a cornered and wounded animal, who believes she is protecting her cubs. The natural inclination might be to get the shotgun and put it out of its misery, but that will not work.

What the right must do to increase its strength and buttress its chances in 2020 is WIN OVER as many of those cubs as it can.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:48 pm 

In Europe it looks like the Left's response is that they're digging up hardline communists to spearhead their efforts.

Essentially, they're radicalizing even further - despite there already being a widespread backlash against their efforts to truly have us dive into the abyss.

The Left may have media and sociopolitical elite on their side and their supporters are able to hold impressive rallies since it's all they do all day but the Right has it's own strengths.

The greatest strength of Right is ... Strength! Right people are built differently than Left. While there's the odd unsoft Leftist the Right is defined by strength, silent strength.

If there's one thing the Right won't need to fear it is popular uprising. That's something for the Left to fear.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:04 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2776
Kameolontti wrote:
In Europe it looks like the Left's response is that they're digging up hardline communists to spearhead their efforts.

Pause for a little reality check.

Perhaps you can substantiate your "alternative facts".

Just because I don't really know wtf you are writing about.

But this is nothing new. :(

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:39 pm 
First Sergeant

nero wrote:
Kameolontti wrote:

Pause for a little reality check.

Perhaps you can substantiate your "alternative facts".

Just because I don't really know wtf you are writing about.

But this is nothing new. :(

I cannot speak for what is happening in Europe; I just don't follow any media sources that would illuminate that.

However, as far as the U.S. I would say that, what is happening is:

A. The "Normal Americans:" A large fraction of the country have breathed a sigh of relief and are quietly carrying on with their lives. This might even include a chunk of voters for Hillary who are just glad that it is decided and SOMEONE won, and now lets get one with the next four years . . . (e.g., my wife definitely fits that description, and I am confident she is not alone).

B. The "Pepe Provacateurs:" A small but vocal segment of the country are going wild gloating about the ascension of Cheeto Jesus to World Emperor Status (and loving the squirming it seems to be causing in group (C) below) <-- yes I admit, I am at least a groupie of this segment, :) . . . if not an actual provcateur . . .

C. The "SJW Snowflakes:" An also "small" (though how relatively small is not a question that I believe can be answered with much precision or accuracy) but even MORE vocal (and whacked out) segment of the country are suffering a nervous breakdown on camera, and throwing tantrums galore . . . and keeping us PeePees entertained :P

Someone should figure out how to harness the heat produced by all the melt-downs; that alone could prevent global warming for at least a few minutes.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9