maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

It's the Gulag of Fun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star of Europe falling
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:34 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 10478
Zombies are a metaphor for societal collapse. They have always been a metaphor. If you are really interested, I recommend you watch all the George Romero films. They are about "the dead walking" but in truth the dead walking are metaphors for other societal dead spots.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:52 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 12669
nero wrote:
Kameolontti wrote:
Because SDP, Swedes and Left party aren't openly hostile towards provinces?

All the parties are openly hostile to provinces, except some *branch* of Center Party who still live outside Helsinki and who still think their responsibility is towards their voters and not some European vision of turning Finland into one gigantic disarmed multicultural city with urban population controls in place with the rest of the country turned into some sort of wild life preservation excluded from humans where the urban folks can go see flying squirrels in authentic setting.

But even the Center Party is taken over by social darwinist businessmen.

And the rest of the Finland do pay plenty of taxes, plenty enough to run hospitals, schools and police but the politicians in Helsinki adjust the system so that Helsinki is almost the only municipality in Finland that isn't forced to take enormous loans.

It's easy to forget that the provinces pay for everything from before birth to graduation and then the folks take this money and go to Helsinki. Heaven forbid if Helsinki gives a cent for each euro spent by provinces to raise the people they receive as a result of their anti-provincial policies.

The truth is that the Southern Finland and especially Helsinki are supporting the North and the East. A lot of tax payers money is used to keep the whole Finland populated, the areas which were first populated to counter Russian expansion during the 16th century. This expansion was initiated by the Swedish king Gustav Wasa.

What goes up, must come down. Especially when there is nothing to support the population in the wilderness.

So it goes.

What does this have to do with shutting down our schools, hospitals and police stations in West Finland that is a strong industrial and agricultural region that easily takes care of itself?

"Because this town here at the opposite side of the country may receive money from Helsinki we'll be taking the money from you"

What about when all our tax money is spent on projects that help Helsinki alone?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:27 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2651
Kameolontti wrote:
What does this have to do with shutting down our schools, hospitals and police stations in West Finland that is a strong industrial and agricultural region that easily takes care of itself?

"Because this town here at the opposite side of the country may receive money from Helsinki we'll be taking the money from you"

What about when all our tax money is spent on projects that help Helsinki alone?

Com'n Matti.

Helsinki is not shutting down anything. As for schools it is the local governments, municipalities shutting down their schools. And hospitals and police are more to for Finnish government, not Helsinki. :twisted:

They have cutting down police in Helsinki too, for many years. And this fucking sote is a real mess.

And how about this Berner plan to privatise the roads?

Perhaps we could donate Sipilä, Gran-Laasonen, and Berner to America, a present from Finland as a friendly gesture. The rest could go to Putin. :lol:

I think you are making artificial division of the country. Finland is so small country that we have to stick together, as always.

OTOH this herraviha is not a new thing.

In Helsinki there are other problems, the fucking woodcutting-city-greens are planning of mutilating the lung of Helsinki, the central park.

Then there is the metro line to Espoo, another cluster fuck on steroids, fucked up from the beginning with Espoo building too short platforms in the stations that the old three car frames does fit in the platforms. This results the use of two car frames also in Helsinki, or changing trains on the city border, or having automatic trains. Fucking idiots. :twisted:

Few other things I really hate is what the Pula-Aho administration did 25 years ago. It was beginning of the grand sale of Finland.

Oh boy, there is no end...

But I don't see that we two disagree so much. So please, don't attack me just because I I have been born in Helsinki and live in Helsinki.

Together we are strong, and we have a common enemy. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:55 am 

nero wrote:
Kameolontti wrote:

Com'n Matti.

Helsinki is not shutting down anything. As for schools it is the local governments, municipalities shutting down their schools. And hospitals and police are more to for Finnish government, not Helsinki. :twisted:

They have cutting down police in Helsinki too, for many years. And this fucking sote is a real mess.

And how about this Berner plan to privatise the roads?

Perhaps we could donate Sipilä, Gran-Laasonen, and Berner to America, a present from Finland as a friendly gesture. The rest could go to Putin. :lol:

I think you are making artificial division of the country. Finland is so small country that we have to stick together, as always.

OTOH this herraviha is not a new thing.

In Helsinki there are other problems, the fucking woodcutting-city-greens are planning of mutilating the lung of Helsinki, the central park.

Then there is the metro line to Espoo, another cluster fuck on steroids, fucked up from the beginning with Espoo building too short platforms in the stations that the old three car frames does fit in the platforms. This results the use of two car frames also in Helsinki, or changing trains on the city border, or having automatic trains. Fucking idiots. :twisted:

Few other things I really hate is what the Pula-Aho administration did 25 years ago. It was beginning of the grand sale of Finland.

Oh boy, there is no end...

But I don't see that we two disagree so much. So please, don't attack me just because I I have been born in Helsinki and live in Helsinki.

Together we are strong, and we have a common enemy. ;)

I mistook you as one of the people who are many in Helsinki who think they are intellectually and all sorts of superior to people who live outside the capital region and who honestly wish to see the provinces grinded down.

There's also a funny phenomena that as soon as a politician gets elected and starts spending time in Helsinki they have a high risk of suddenly starting to support this anti-provincial set of policies. SDP, National Coalition, parts of Center Party, Greens, Left etc. all want to shut down the whole country outside of capital.

With Sipilä's goon squad in charge of Center Party there isn't a single party in Finland that thinks of the interests of the provinces.

It is infuriating and I don't see our leaders being capable of solving the lack for democracy. All they can care about is pissing in Finland's cereals because committing treason is rewarded in Brussels.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:34 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2651
Kameolontti wrote:
---
I mistook you as one of the people who are many in Helsinki who think they are intellectually and all sorts of superior to people who live outside the capital region and who honestly wish to see the provinces grinded down.

I do not segregate provincially or any other way, I am just superior. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:01 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 10541
I would've thought Finland was pretty much just provinces, right? :lol:

"The British have always fought, to be sure. No nation on Earth can be taken seriously in historical circles unless it has had at least one war with the British; it's like not having an American Express card."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:40 am 

EUBanana wrote:
I would've thought Finland was pretty much just provinces, right? :lol:

Finland itself is a province of the new Franco German empire, in the Finnish province there's the capital and the rest is provinces to the capital.

Hence why nero feels pretty pleased with his position, earning twice the median salary and lucky to actually have a job and living in a place where he has access to all the services and able to buy private ones where they are the better option.

That not everyone is "on his level" is due to them being lazy, according to him or lesser willed. Because if all the 500,000 people without a job were as intelligent as him, they could all be programming those insanely complex wrist watches that show the heartbeat. He is right there next to the people who designed the navigational systems for lunar missions and others could be, had they his intellect combined with his sheer determination.

We are all blessed with him telling us how things are.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:33 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 10541
So... I was told Ostrobothnia was like the Finnish version of Texas, but with bigger knives.

True/false?

And yes. It's funny how supposedly left wing people forget that the economy has to work for everybody, not just the uber-skilled. My lefty mate with a PhD doesn't get this either. Well of course he's fine - he's got a PhD! Those nearer the bottom of the heap exist in a completely different world.

"The British have always fought, to be sure. No nation on Earth can be taken seriously in historical circles unless it has had at least one war with the British; it's like not having an American Express card."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:01 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 8956
I did my Ph.D. on rural-urban issues (in Botswana) and at the time it just seemed like a 'fairly reasonable, not insignificant topic,' but afterward my interests veered in other directions as the topic seemed to me to be pretty well 'tapped out.'

Listening to Kamel, reflecting on the pattern of states won in the Nov 2016 election, it is interesting to see that the "left-right" division seems to be in some ways an urban-rural division and one which remains salient even today.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:37 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 11882
Being born rich is not an accident. You are obviously a product of superior genetics. You were destined to be a Marine biologist or some other professional who was born to be a gift to humanity and you deserve an extravagant standard of living.

The less worthy should be happy to serve their betters doing the mundane manual labor required of them.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next