It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

It's the Gulag of Fun

Post subject: Re: Are we the baddies?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:56 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 8956
Poles are probably the third greatest civ in human civilization, right after the Chicomms . . I mean, Chinese Warlords . . . I mean the Mandarin Emperors . . . no, non, nein, nyet! I mean . . . the Opium Warlords . . .

But yeah, did you see that gigantic wall? That was to keep out the GREATEST civ in the history of human civ: See Anthropoid's Sig for details ;)

The Hungarians might justifiably vie for second place though . . . they figured out how to use paprika to good effect and the world has never really been the same.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:24 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 12669
Anthropoid wrote:
Poles are probably the third greatest civ in human civilization, right after the Chicomms . . I mean, Chinese Warlords . . . I mean the Mandarin Emperors . . . no, non, nein, nyet! I mean . . . the Opium Warlords . . .

But yeah, did you see that gigantic wall? That was to keep out the GREATEST civ in the history of human civ: See Anthropoid's Sig for details ;)

The Hungarians might justifiably vie for second place though . . . they figured out how to use paprika to good effect and the world has never really been the same.

I have a feeling that when the wall was proposed there were a bunch of liberals around saying "that's nonsense" and "it wouldn't be feasible" and "it cannot be done".

Mongols certainly didn't build a wall. They were busy conquering and slaughtering people to make examples of what happens to those that resist.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:57 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 10541
https://twitter.com/ranaharbi/status/811277924657745920

"The British have always fought, to be sure. No nation on Earth can be taken seriously in historical circles unless it has had at least one war with the British; it's like not having an American Express card."

Profile E-mail