maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

It's the Gulag of Fun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 352 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2 Questions to Shut Up Nauseating Global Warming Proslet
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:28 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14595
I really am interested, but I am 99% confident you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 6544227856

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:36 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14677
Data for the 5 locations I mentioned here:

http://www.psmsl.org/data/longrecords/

Modern global data here:

http://www.psmsl.org/data/obtaining/

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
Established in 1933, the Permanent Service for Mean Sea Level (PSMSL) has been responsible for the collection, publication, analysis and interpretation of sea level data from the global network of tide gauges.

but unfortunately (from the 1997 article I linked above)
Quote:
It is well established that sea level trends obtained from tide gauge records shorter than about 50-60 years are corrupted by interdecadal sea level variation.

Seems tide gauge data is deeply flawed, no?
Quote:
It is essential to further evaluate
the GSLR during the late Holocene through more field investigations, and refine and verify estimates for the period of the recording tide gauge. But tide gauge
results will always suffer from the fact of their poor geographic distribution, as eloquently discussed by Groger and Plag (1993). Indeed, the very existence of
altimeter satellites such as TOPEX/POSEIDON is due to the inherent limitations of any conceivable tide gauge network! Satellite altimetry of TOPEX/POSEIDON
quality has both the requisite precision and geographic coverage to determine the current rate of GSLR in a reasonable time (perhaps one or two decades), and further
detect variations in global and regional SLR that might accompany global warming

Douglas wrote that in 1997, 21 years ago. So it has been, ostensibly, long enough that the satellite measurements could resolve the matter. What does the recent satellite data show?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOPEX/Poseidon

Mention of course of "climate change," but no smug swaggering presentation of the clear cut and unimpeachable data showing sea level rise to speak of on the TOPEX/Poseidon wiki. Strange. Your religious cult tends to be quite engaged with Wiki, so I naturally would have expected that page to have been a gigantic Cluster of data wanking if the data was in fact good data; but no. The actual data is not so readily available it seems . . .

Hmmm, peculiar: https://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/dataset/MER ... L_ASCII_V4
Quote:
Please Note: This dataset is retired and will not be maintained in the future. However, this dataset is displayed for archive purposes and may not reflect the most updated information.

ADDIT: I don't have full access to the Douglas 1997 article and cannot be bothered to get on line with the alma mater to reactivate my library card . . . So it is a bit difficult to make complete sense of what exactly he is trying to say. He mentions this "1.8 mm/year over the past 100 years" figure and the context and specifics of that suggest that THAT is the value he is proposing is the valid figure for the least century or so; but in truth I'm not confident of that, every other sentence is a caveat about measurement unreliability or invalidity for one reason or another and even the complete original article might not clarify all such questions.

Nonethless, let me see if that 1.8mm / year figure makes sense . . . 1.8mm * 100 = 180 / 100 = 1.8cm of sea level rise over the last 100 years?

So . . . assuming the "models" are legit, the change in sea level over the last 100 years is expected to be in the ballpark of 1.8 widths of a grown man's pinky finger!?

And I'm supposed to either (a) give a shit; (b) believe that shit; or (c) have anything other than disdain for the demagogues who want to sell me carbon credits based on this nonsense!? :P

Last edited by Anthropoid on Fri May 18, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:50 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1834
Anthropoid wrote:
I really am interested, but I am 99% confident you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 6544227856

I reckon that you are clueless, and the article you linked tells that sea level is rising.

Ignorance is bliss. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:00 pm 
Sergeant Major

So, you were not interested, you were and are trolling, and you're not enough of a scientist to actually read (much the less understand) the article you quoted. OK. Shrug.

By the way...

Quote:
Seems tide gauge data is deeply flawed, no?

Not exactly. A real scientist would have read the text he quoted and would have noted that this clause in the quoted text:

Anthropoid wrote:
sea level trends obtained from tide gauge records shorter than about 50-60 years are corrupted by interdecadal sea level variation.

obviates any suggestion that a trend established from 200 years of records (the five locations I mentioned earlier) are dismissible owing to short period cyclical variation.

Any REAL scientist would not have made the rookie error you made.

Last edited by mdiehl on Fri May 18, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

mdiehl wrote:
So, you were not interested, you were and are trolling, and you're not enough of a scientist to actually read (much the less understand) the article you quoted. OK. Shrug.

I have more "science" in the bell-end of my cock than you have ever even imagined exists in the entire universe :D

I remain VERY interested, and quite skeptical. You should not confuse skepticism for "trolling." That is why you fail as a scientist.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
I have more "science" in the bell-end of my cock than you have ever even imagined exists in the entire universe :D

I remain VERY interested, and quite skeptical. You should not confuse skepticism for "trolling." That is why you fail as a scientist.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're a science dropout as far as I can tell. Where's your extensive list of peer reviewed journal articles? Doesn't surprise me to hear that your knowledge of science stems primarily from your dick. There's no evidence of you being able to think using any of your other organs. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:26 pm 
Sergeant Major

mdiehl wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're a science dropout as far as I can tell. Where's your extensive list of peer reviewed journal articles? Doesn't surprise me to hear that your knowledge of science stems primarily from your dick. There's no evidence of you being able to think using any of your other organs. :ugeek:

You regard an "extensive list of of peer reviewed journal articles" as the mark of a scientist do you? You're making my point for me. You're a gull of the modern academy.

My credentials are perfectly irrelevant. What matters are the points I have made repeatedly over the years which you and your fellow cult member have consistently failed to address, just as you have done in response to my query up above from today.

You are a pathetic, self-important, twit, incapable of intelligent conversation with anyone who disagrees with you or one of your pet theories.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:39 pm 
Sergeant Major

:lol: :lol:

You're priceless!

What do you want. A Blue Ribbon for "Last place in scientific achievement?"

Quote:
You regard an "extensive list of of peer reviewed journal articles" as the mark of a scientist do you?

You BET I do. When you dismiss a shit ton of science done by experts in the field with no foundation for your point of view and then accuse THEM of being blinded by some kind of faith that exists only in your bellend, credentials matter.

Quote:
You are a pathetic, whine whimper simper shuck and jive....

Ok, MR SCIENCE. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:34 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1834
Anthropoid wrote:
My credentials are perfectly irrelevant.

True.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 352 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next