maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

It's the Gulag of Fun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 352 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2 Questions to Shut Up Nauseating Global Warming Proslet
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:08 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14595
nero wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:
You can see that the curve goes WAAAYY UP, then it goes WAAAYY DOWN, then it repeats that cycle another 7.5 times in the last 800 thousand years, right?

Are you seriously that fucking dense?

I can see that you are not using the complete data. ;)
snipped your stupid fucking photoshopped nonsense . . .

You conveniently ignore 200 last years.

Perhaps because you should not falsely conflate a single data point in the ice core data with direct measures of Mauna Kea atmospheric CO^2:
Quote:
The main limitation of the ice-core data is that it is effectively a 10-year or longer running average, because air of slightly different ages is mixed together in firn layers – layers of compacted snow that falls in one year and survives unmelted to the following year – before the air is sealed off into bubbles in the ice layers below the firn. The ice-core record therefore not as sharp in time as the direct atmospheric record, but it’s plenty sharp enough to document changes decade by decade, and therefore the rise from preindustrial times towards the present.
Click quote

The graph from the paleo data are fossils of the aggregate accumulation over periods of decades or longer; the data from modern observations are . . . well, whatever they are. It seems Sripps was not too keen to clarify that:

Quote:
doug moore
JULY 27, 2014 AT 5:06 AM
This explanation does not address the specific question about the mauna loa samplings of co2 compared to ice core samplings. Do air samples at the south pole agree with the mauna loa air samples, for instance?

COMMENTS ARE CLOSED.

Garbage in, garbage out, right into Nero's fucking brain.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:28 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1834
Anthropoid wrote:
nero wrote:
I can see that you are not using the complete data. ;)
snipped your stupid fucking photoshopped nonsense . . .

You conveniently ignore 200 last years.

Perhaps because you should not falsely conflate a single data point in the ice core data with direct measures of Mauna Kea atmospheric CO^2:
Quote:
The main limitation of the ice-core data is that it is effectively a 10-year or longer running average, because air of slightly different ages is mixed together in firn layers – layers of compacted snow that falls in one year and survives unmelted to the following year – before the air is sealed off into bubbles in the ice layers below the firn. The ice-core record therefore not as sharp in time as the direct atmospheric record, but it’s plenty sharp enough to document changes decade by decade, and therefore the rise from preindustrial times towards the present.
Click quote

The graph from the paleo data are fossils of the aggregate accumulation over periods of decades or longer; the data from modern observations are . . . well, whatever they are. It seems Sripps was not too keen to clarify that:

Quote:
doug moore
JULY 27, 2014 AT 5:06 AM
This explanation does not address the specific question about the mauna loa samplings of co2 compared to ice core samplings. Do air samples at the south pole agree with the mauna loa air samples, for instance?

COMMENTS ARE CLOSED.

Garbage in, garbage out, right into Nero's fucking brain.

So you do not accept the fact that during the last 200 years the CO2 level has risen from 280 ppm to 400 ppm?

Odd. :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:46 pm 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:
So you do not accept the fact that during the last 200 years the CO2 level has risen from 280 ppm to 400 ppm?

I accept that one measurement series from the top of Mauna Kea suggests as much for the period from 1958 to the present. I have no idea what the other measurement sites which have come online since then show, those numbers don't get talked about so much? Got those links for me?

I also have no idea how one would expect to reconcile the mish-mosh of "temperature" and proxy measures that extend back to "1700" especially given that more than half of that data set is likely to suffer historical contamination by urban and industrial development.

Nor do I have any knowledge of what the most recent possible "ice core" would show.

I do know that the sea level at my in-laws beachfront property at St. George Island Florida has not fluctuated by a single fucking millimeter since the 1950s, which is pretty inconsistent with the idea that "increasing anthropogenic C02 output and accumulation since the 1700s has been causing increased green house effects and thus 'global warming' increased polar ice melt and rising sea levels." When should we expect to see these "rising sea levels?" And why would there be such a peculiar delay (on the order of decades or centuries)?

Could it be because the increases in CO^2 being observed at Mauna Kea are a local environmental effect? Or if not merely local, an effect more determined BY pre-existing climate fluctuations than acting to determine such fluctuations? How does biomass on the Big Island relate to the C02 changes there? (plants "eat" C02 you know?).

Which brings us back to the 800,000 year question: if climate has been fluctuating THAT dramatically UP and DOWN between glacial and interglacial for so long, then there must be some VERY important and potent NON-ANTHROPOGENIC factors that influence Earth's climate, eh? How do the "Climate Change" models take these pre-existing factors into account? Oh that's right, they DO NOT take them into account . . .

And so the eternal question that I have never heard a single climate zealot answer with any clarity or sufficiency: (see sig line). :P

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:01 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Anthropoid wrote:

LOL, at trying to change the subject.

SOP

;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
nero wrote:

I accept that one measurement series from the top of Mauna Kea suggests as much for the period from 1958 to the present. I have no idea what the other measurement sites which have come online since then show, those numbers don't get talked about so much? Got those links for me?

I also have no idea how one would expect to reconcile the mish-mosh of "temperature" and proxy measures that extend back to "1700" especially given that more than half of that data set is likely to suffer historical contamination by urban and industrial development.

Nor do I have any knowledge of what the most recent possible "ice core" would show.

I do know that the sea level at my in-laws beachfront property at St. George Island Florida has not fluctuated by a single fucking millimeter since the 1950s, which is pretty inconsistent with the idea that "increasing anthropogenic C02 output and accumulation since the 1700s has been causing increased green house effects and thus 'global warming' increased polar ice melt and rising sea levels." When should we expect to see these "rising sea levels?" And why would there be such a peculiar delay (on the order of decades or centuries)?

Could it be because the increases in CO^2 being observed at Mauna Kea are a local environmental effect? Or if not merely local, an effect more determined BY pre-existing climate fluctuations than acting to determine such fluctuations? How does biomass on the Big Island relate to the C02 changes there? (plants "eat" C02 you know?).

I refer to Skeptical Science: How reliable are CO2 measurements?.

Read that.

Anthropoid wrote:
Which brings us back to the 800,000 year question: if climate has been fluctuating THAT dramatically UP and DOWN between glacial and interglacial for so long, then there must be some VERY important and potent NON-ANTHROPOGENIC factors that influence Earth's climate, eh? How do the "Climate Change" models take these pre-existing factors into account? Oh that's right, they DO NOT take them into account . . .

And so the eternal question that I have never heard a single climate zealot answer with any clarity or sufficiency: (see sig line). :P

And it seems that you have not heard about the Milankovitch cycles? :shock:

In current world, last 10 million years the climate has been cool, ice ages and such. But why, can you tell me what it is? The Sun is cooling, cosmic radiation or the gods are not pleased?

Explain, what could it be? :roll:

Surprise me. Yes, you can.;)

PS. I know. :mrgreen:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:16 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 11853
Quote:
Record Breaking Winter Cold? Don’t Worry, the Climate Explainers Have it Covered
Eric Worrall / 16 hours ago December 28, 2017
(Contined)
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/12/28/ ... t-covered/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:18 am 
Sergeant Major

abradley wrote:
Quote:
Record Breaking Winter Cold? Don’t Worry, the Climate Explainers Have it Covered
Eric Worrall / 16 hours ago December 28, 2017
(Contined)
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/12/28/ ... t-covered/

Things happen when the Polar Jet Stream slows down.

;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:25 am 
Sergeant Major

More pretty pictures . . . *yawn*

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:21 am 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
More pretty pictures . . . *yawn*

Sour grapes. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:39 am 
Sergeant Major

Why did the Ice Age end? Why did it begin, why did the one before that end, why did IT begin . . . and on and on I wait but no answer has ever come . . .

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 352 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 36  Next