maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

It's the Gulag of Fun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 352 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2 Questions to Shut Up Nauseating Global Warming Proslet
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:54 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 2680
nero wrote:
I am lazy.

Enjoy. ;)

Ahh the aerosal "argument".

Well...I thought maybe you'd get clever and try the warming in the pipeline argument, but I was wrong. Meh.

I am uninterested in trying to debate the so called merits of Chinese SO4 having a different forcing than American SO4...if you actually believe that instead of just being lazy and pasting the first thing that came up on Google, I feel sorry for you... Maybe Sagan was right all along and the candle is flickering...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14595
Nero: always there to confirm for us that the acolytes of the Cult of Goreacle are pretty much worthless to try to discuss the topics with.

Nice work Jolly ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:51 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1834
jollypillager wrote:
Ahh the aerosal "argument".

Well...I thought maybe you'd get clever and try the warming in the pipeline argument, but I was wrong. Meh.

I am uninterested in trying to debate the so called merits of Chinese SO4 having a different forcing than American SO4...if you actually believe that instead of just being lazy and pasting the first thing that came up on Google, I feel sorry for you... Maybe Sagan was right all along and the candle is flickering...

Show evidence for your proposition that aerosols do not have effect on climate. There must be so studies on the subject.

I prefer studies with lot of numbers, equations and graphs.

Studies, not opinions. Or if you can not find studies, then opinions with lot of numbers, equations and graphs. ;)

I am waiting... :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:24 am 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
Nero: always there to confirm for us that the acolytes of the Cult of Goreacle are pretty much worthless to try to discuss the topics with.

Nice work Jolly ;)

Yeah.

This like discussing how an object dropped from rest at 1 meter height hits the ground in 0.452 seconds when referring to the theory of gravity is not allowed.

Welcome to the time of the new Know Nothing Party. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:36 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14595
You never really have anything of merit to say do you Sneero?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:10 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
jollypillager wrote:
I was 12 when Hansen gave his speech to the Senate ( http://www.nytimes.com/1988/06/24/us/gl ... wanted=all ) and I was totally enraptured with it. I had recently read the book "Nature's End" and was beginning to lean strongly green / liberal. https://www.amazon.com/Natures-End-Whit ... 0446343552

In the (holy fuck it has been a long ass time...) 30 years since then, I have followed the movement pretty much continuously and have made the following observations:

A: None of the predictions ever actually happen.
B: The people pushing the doom never actually act or talk like scientists. They sound like priests.
C: The data is CONSTANTLY manipulated in the most blatant of ways. Ongoing and multiple adjustments to 50 year old data, cherry picking of dates and statistics, goalpost shifting. If the data is clear and the results are catastrophic, why the need to do all this shady crap?
D: All the people pushing the theory seem to have ulterior political / economic motives.
E: No one can adequately explain the historical climate without invoking magical forcings or hand waving bullshit. If warming leads to more water vapor which leads to more warming, why are we not ALREADY in a runaway warming scenario? It has been warmer than present during the medieval warm period, the roman climate optimum AND the minoan climate optimum. Why is 1 degree of warming now so dangerous but nothing bad happened when it was much warmer than that in the past? https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... mrc&uact=8

My conclusions are that cAGW (Note the c in there...) is a failed theory and, while AGW is true, it is benign to beneficial at the current levels seen. Ultimately Hansen was wrong...we emitted more CO2 than he thought we would in his worst nightmare and the West Side Highway is still high and dry.

Well said.

:ugeek: :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:01 am 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
You never really have anything of merit to say do you Sneero?

Iff I see something worthy. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:50 am 
Sergeant Major

jollypillager wrote:
I was 12 when Hansen gave his speech to the Senate ( http://www.nytimes.com/1988/06/24/us/gl ... wanted=all ) and I was totally enraptured with it. I had recently read the book "Nature's End" and was beginning to lean strongly green / liberal. https://www.amazon.com/Natures-End-Whit ... 0446343552

In the (holy fuck it has been a long ass time...) 30 years since then, I have followed the movement pretty much continuously and have made the following observations:

B: The people pushing the doom never actually act or talk like scientists. They sound like priests.
C: The data is CONSTANTLY manipulated in the most blatant of ways. Ongoing and multiple adjustments to 50 year old data, cherry picking of dates and statistics, goalpost shifting. If the data is clear and the results are catastrophic, why the need to do all this shady crap?
D: All the people pushing the theory seem to have ulterior political / economic motives.
E: No one can adequately explain the historical climate without invoking magical forcings or hand waving bullshit. If warming leads to more water vapor which leads to more warming, why are we not ALREADY in a runaway warming scenario? It has been warmer than present during the medieval warm period, the roman climate optimum AND the minoan climate optimum. Why is 1 degree of warming now so dangerous but nothing bad happened when it was much warmer than that in the past? https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... mrc&uact=8

My conclusions are that cAGW (Note the c in there...) is a failed theory and, while AGW is true, it is benign to beneficial at the current levels seen. Ultimately Hansen was wrong...we emitted more CO2 than he thought we would in his worst nightmare and the West Side Highway is still high and dry.

A jolly retreat, only 2 numbers (12, 50), no equations, no graphs, no facts.

I should dissect your BS, but again, I am lazy.

Bye-bye.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:23 pm 
Staff Sergeant

nero wrote:
Show evidence for your proposition that aerosols do not have effect on climate. There must be so studies on the subject.

I prefer studies with lot of numbers, equations and graphs.

Studies, not opinions. Or if you can not find studies, then opinions with lot of numbers, equations and graphs. ;)

I am waiting... :roll:

Well, seeing as how I proposed no such thing, I think I'll pass :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:25 pm 
Staff Sergeant

nero wrote:
jollypillager wrote:

A jolly retreat, only 2 numbers (12, 50), no equations, no graphs, no facts.

I should dissect your BS, but again, I am lazy.

Bye-bye.

<shrug>

Bye-bye :)

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 352 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 36  Next