maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

It's the Gulag of Fun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: 2 Questions to Shut Up Nauseating Global Warming Prosletysts
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:39 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10688
1. How do anthropogenic Carbon Dioxide emissions explain the end of the last Ice Age (roughly 11,700 years ago).

Neo-Puritan fascist's natural response: "It doesn't you troll! It is only in historic times that evil corporations and white male oppressors have enslaved the forces of mother nature and brought about the decline of harmony and peace in the world . . . Climate Change models do NOT have to account for the Ice Ages, those are prehistoric phenomena. What we are seeing with modern global warming is much more abrupt and clearly (based on correlation being equivalent to causation) are caused by emissions!"

2. Ah, so then, how do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for whatever forces DID cause the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly . . . cricket's chirping . . .

Fools in a state of religious denial should not be allowed access to keyboards, much less the internet. They need to be re-educated I tell you.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 2 Questions to Shut Up Nauseating Global Warming Proslet
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:54 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 14267
Nothing to do with the climate. A bunch of crooks got together and thought up a scam to justify confiscatory tax hikes on the plebes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 12194
The question and first reply to same show a complete lack of knowledge of geology, physics, and chemistry. The question has been asked and answered accurately a thousand times. In the driveThru, at least 10 times. If one is still so ignorant as to ask the question, one is probably never going to bother to read the answer.

For related topic see: Milankovitch Cycles

http://www.universetoday.com/39012/milankovitch-cycle/

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:08 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2401
mdiehl wrote:
The question and first reply to same show a complete lack of knowledge of geology, physics, and chemistry. The question has been asked and answered accurately a thousand times. In the driveThru, at least 10 times. If one is still so ignorant as to ask the question, one is probably never going to bother to read the answer.

For related topic see: Milankovitch Cycles

http://www.universetoday.com/39012/milankovitch-cycle/

Obstinate ignorance is usually a manifestation of underlying political motives. — Michal Kalecki

It is true that the Milankovitch Cycles explain the periodic glaciation during few last million years. But there is some new insight about the role of CO2 in the warming process: "Why an ice age occurs every 100,000 years: Climate and feedback effects explained", "How the ice ages ended" and "Scientists detect huge carbon 'burp' that helped end last ice age".

But then the answer to the question why the Earth is cooler than say 50 million years ago is nothing to do with Sun. Sun is warmer than it was 50 million years ago.

The answer is about how the continents are situated and how the ocean currents warm the Earth. When Antarctica was parked around the South Pole the ocean current system did not warm that continent any more and the whole continent was in deep freeze. Another example of continental drift affecting climate is the Indian subcontinent colliding Asia and formation of Himalayas: "Surface uplift of Tibet and Cenozoic global cooling".

The extreme example of CO2 ending a ice is the end of the "Snowball Earth" period. The CO2 level was quite high in the beginning of the "Cambrian explosion", and the oceans were very hot.

The more humans know, the larger the surface to the unknown is. :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:13 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 14267
This dot: .

takes up about as much space in this post as there is CO2 in the atmosphere.

This is science for imbeciles.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:00 am 
Sergeant Major

doggie wrote:
This dot: .

takes up about as much space in this post as there is CO2 in the atmosphere.

This is science for imbeciles.

:lol:

Doggie's obstinate ignorance is just ignorance, political motives would be too nuanced and complicated for him.

But lets's have a little mathematical exercise to calculate how big dot, or rather cube the CO2 in the atmosphere would make in solid form in one atm pressure at −78.5 °C temperature. At that condition the density of solid CO2 is 1562 kg/m3. Each part per million by volume represents approximately 2.13 gigatonnes of carbon in the atmosphere as a whole..

Using the current CO2 content 400 ppm we get the CO2 mass 400 * 2.13e12 = 852.0e12 kg of CO2 up in air.

Now we can calculate the volume of that mass with density 852.0e12 kg / (1562 kg/m3) = 545.5e9 m3 = 545.5 km3 - a cube of solid CO2 with side of 8.171 km.

But to visualize of how big, two dimensional dot that volume would make. Let have the thickness of 1mm = 1e-6km, so the area would be 545.5 km3 / 1e-6 km = 545.5e6 km². When we compare this with the surface of the Earth surface area 510.1e6 km², we can figure that the Earth would be covered by 1.069 mm thick layer of solid CO2, equivalent of 844.9mm CO2 in gas form.

But doggies of the world "feel" that so tiny, minuscule amount of a trace gas can not have any effect all. :roll:

So it goes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:29 am 
First Sergeant

Cannot be bothered to read religious tripe closely, but at a glance, looks like the two questions have not been answered? (one line will suffice and in the absence of approximately that, I'll assume evasiveness).

So yep, I'm satisfied.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:44 pm 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
Cannot be bothered to read religious tripe closely, but at a glance, looks like the two questions have not been answered? (one line will suffice and in the absence of approximately that, I'll assume evasiveness).

So yep, I'm satisfied.

But I am not satisfied. ;)

Your first question is kind of kooked, and I did't read it carefully enough (missed the word "anthropogenic").

Anthropoid wrote:
1. How do anthropogenic Carbon Dioxide emissions explain the end of the last Ice Age (roughly 11,700 years ago).

Of course the right answer is no way at all. I just concentrated the number 11700 and figured out that you are talking about Younger Dryas period and provided a recent study about the developments during the era.

For your second question
Anthropoid wrote:
2. Ah, so then, how do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for whatever forces DID cause the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly . . . cricket's chirping . . .
I actually did provide link about mathematical models to explain the cyclical glaciation during the last few million years: "Why an ice age occurs every 100,000 years: Climate and feedback effects explained".

The interesting thing is when the Sun gives more energy, the glaciers reduce and the albedo changes. In the same time oceans warm up and can not hold so much CO2, which warms up the air so there can be more water vapor in the air. When the Sun energy is down, the reverse is happening.

As far science can now say, the Sun has been pretty stable, the energy is now some 5% up from what it was 500 million years ago. The small variations in Earth orbit and tilt, the Milankovitch Cycles, causes enough variation to induce the glaciation in current continent distribution.

Any more questions?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:33 pm 
First Sergeant

Quote:
I actually did provide link about mathematical models to explain the cyclical glaciation during the last few million years: "Why an ice age occurs every 100,000 years: Climate and feedback effects explained".

What does this have to do with anthropogenic CO2 emissions?

Pretend I'm 5 years old and you have to use short sentences with few syllabus (and actually want to teach me instead of beguile me with your shell game and fleece me of my self-respect and tax money . . .) and just answer the fucking question.

2. how do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for whatever forces DID cause the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly . . .

Point me to the portions of the formulae that do this, please.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:41 pm 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
What does this have to do with anthropogenic CO2 emissions?

Pretend I'm 5 years old and you have to use short sentences with few syllabus (and actually want to teach me instead of beguile me with your shell game and fleece me of my self-respect and tax money . . .) and just answer the fucking question.

The answer is nothing and obviously I don't have to pretend that your mental age is about five.

Anthropoid wrote:
2. how do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for whatever forces DID cause the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly . . .

nero wrote:

Point me to the portions of the formulae that do this, please.

I linked an article about mathematical models, not the models, did I?

Try your luck from this link: https://www.ethlife.ethz.ch/archive_art ... b/index_EN

Though I doubt that finding the calculus would make you any happier. :roll:

Good luck with that anyway.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next