maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

It's the Gulag of Fun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2 Questions to Shut Up Nauseating Global Warming Proslet
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:34 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1737
abradley wrote:
Go to the end of the first article:

Quote:
This brings projected “global warming” from being potentially dangerous to being easily manageable. Which is why, of course, it is unlikely to get much attention from a scientific establishment and a complicit media that much prefers to ramp up the global warming scare – even when the evidence doesn’t support it.

IMHO it doesn't say 'no global warming', it sez it's manageable and in my opinion, it's manageable without destroying the world economies.

Delingpole writes many untrue things. Actually Breitbart and Delingpole are paragons of fake news. :roll:

It should tell something when Breitfart is verboten in Germany.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:40 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 11492
nero wrote:

Delingpole writes many untrue things. Actually Breitbart and Delingpole are paragons of fake news. :roll:

Yes, it tells me Breitbart has been PCed in Germany, Germans like to hide bits of the news like New Year's Eve sexual assaults in Germany.

I want all the news available and I'll decide what's worth while.

You seem to want your news filtered, let the powers that be decide what's good for you to know.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:50 am 
Sergeant Major

abradley wrote:
nero wrote:

Yes, it tells me Breitbart has been PCed in Germany, Germans like to hide bits of the news like New Year's Eve sexual assaults in Germany.

I want all the news available and I'll decide what's worth while.

You seem to want your news filtered, let the powers that be decide what's good for you to know.

I don't think that Germans did hide anything what happened in Koln. In Finland it was was widely reported.

Your claim is just unsubstantiated BS.

OTOH it is interesting to follow your old age radicalization, or rather senilization. Though I hope it is not too virulent, considering my age. :lol:

Keep posting. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:14 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 11492
:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:14 am 
Sergeant Major

Welcome back Anthro. A welcoming video for you, but models.

Enjoy. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:57 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13856
Can someone point me to any point along any coastline anywhere on Earth where sea level was clearly marked 200 years ago, and is clearly higher now?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:41 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14177
I can name several. Tide level gauges at Brest, Kronstadt, Liverpool,Stockholm and Amsterdam. All go back to the early-mid 1700s. All show rising sea levels.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:10 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13856
mdiehl wrote:
I can name several. Tide level gauges at Brest, Kronstadt, Liverpool,Stockholm and Amsterdam. All go back to the early-mid 1700s. All show rising sea levels.

Links?

None outside the baltic / low countries to speak of? On the surface that raises some rather concerning instrumentality issues, given the Baltic is not actually part of an "Ocean" and the Low Countries have undergone some of the most substantial land and shore modifications on Earth.

If sea level has in fact "risen" then I would presume the evidence for it would be EVERYWHERE, and natural markers to demonstrate it would be replete all around the Earth, why wouldn't that be the case?

And BTW, without photographic and extensive documentary proof I do not even believe your claims about those sites in the Baltic/Low Country region; just wanted to clarify that. When it comes to this topic, it would seem you are incapable of either logic, rationality, honesty or transparency. You have demonstrated that so repeatedly I will not reverse my appraisal in the absence of overwhelming evidence.

To put it succinctly: I do not believe you.

You can dismiss me, or you can do things which show you honestly wish to convince.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14177
You asked for 200 years, any location with evidence of sea level rise. You have it. Now you're asking for links. Before I provide any, is this going to be like one of those conversations with a four year old, where every answer is confronted by another question?

Just sayyin...it sort of seems like your question wasn't a question but kind of a beg the question ploy.

It's also kind of subjective. In modern sea level discussions, "accurate" generally means satellite based data. You're not going to get that going back 200 years obviously. Barometric data from ocean going vessels has been collected since the 1600s but, obviously, the utility of that data can be suspected because local atmospheric conditions such as high and low pressure systems can throw all that out of whack. There's also sounding data from the same vessels ("The lead, Mr. Callamy, if you please!"). But then you'd have to have ships that sounded the same location year after year, and storms and other shallow water processes will mess those measurements up. And sounding was ONLY done in relatively shallow waters.

So that leaves tidal measures. Most places didn't record that until the late 19thC. Too late for your cutoff. But analyses of the ones going back into the 1800s show clear sea level rising globally.

As to whether the north atlantic stations are accurate proxies for the whole world... why would they not be? There's no credible argument of a 300 year long low pressure zone that has slowly increased intensity over that period that only affects northwestern Europe is there? Because that's the only way the NW European tidal station data could create an apparent sea level rise without the existence of an actual sea level rise. And since all the oceans are connected, it follows that all sea levels would have risen during the same interval.*

* Not necessarily at the same rates. That is because sea column height is also affected by local variation in specific gravity.... sea mounts and such... and temperature of the water column.

So are you REALLY interested, or is your question just trolling? It's OK if you're just trolling, but I'd prefer not to waste my time if that's the deal.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
Can someone point me to any point along any coastline anywhere on Earth where sea level was clearly marked 200 years ago, and is clearly higher now?

Not a single point, but every point, globally.

Recent global sea level acceleration started over 200 years ago?

Read the study, and show the errors in it. ;)

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next